Trouble Logging In

Flamez197

Question

• Members

So, I'm an old user to xat and I quit for a while (like years) and came back and now I can't remember what my password is. I have spent money on this account so I want access to it. I know the email to it is <email removed> and I believe the username is LeaderOfSouls but I'm not completely sure about that but I am sure the email is <email removed>. The problem is that the email I used was deleted from yahoo for inactivity for over a year. I can't create a ticket because I do not know the password to the account and I'm not totally sure on the username either. Hopefully someone can help please!

4 answers to this question

• Volunteers

Hello,

Since you have forgot the password and have lost access to the email, you will need to open a ticket on an alternate account under "Lost access". For a guide on how to make an alternate account read here. Be sure to specify the account you're trying to recover. You may be asked questions regarding the account you're trying to recover to ensure you are the real owner. 

For any reason you are having trouble opening a ticket, you can contact a volunteer on the forum to help you. 

• Volunteers

Hello!

Could this be your ID: LeaderOfSouls (1468280705)? 

I'd recommend creating a new xat account and opening a ticket under the Lost Access department (you don't need to be a paid user to use this service). Within the ticket, you should include the username and identification number of the account you need help with. You will receive an email with a link to the ticket, but only at the email for the new xat account. Eventually when the email is changed you will be able to reset the password for the ID. 

• Wiki Editors

We see that you have a support request in; we'll help you out to the best of our ability.

The question or questions in this topic have been answered and an answer has been marked. This topic is now closed.

If you have any other questions, please open a new topic.

• Advanced Members

Have you started off by contacting with your email provider about the problem?

Otherwise create a ticket as others mentioned when creating the ticket make sure that the subject only includes at least five words you can add more but no less, you don't have to be a paid user but you need to be logged in hence if you have an account, access it before attempting to open the ticket.

There are always a set of security questions that you will have to answer in order to get the email changed, not necessarily to be so accurate when answering them but do your best and most importantly answer the basic questions that really proves your ownership e,g: stating some of your email addresses that you have used on the site to register. 

⇘ ⇘ 

In the event that you find any trouble when opening the ticket, you can always contact with one of the volunteers listed on https://forum.xat.com/staff/ give them the registered name or/and the ID number to your account for the ticket to be created.

I'd also recommend you change your email provider. "Yahoo" deletes inactive accounts, if you don't sign into your yahoo account for about over 90 days it will go into an inactive state and eventually get deleted, you can prevent this by signing in at least once monthly from any device. With that being said if you want to change and use a different email provider for your xat account then, I recommend using gmail.