Can't see names or avatars

Nymira

Question

• Members

I had to switch my browser from Chrome to Firefox, and when I was using Chrome, I had no issues seeing names and avatars. Now all of a sudden, this is what I see. I'm wondering if this is just a FF thing, and if there's something I can do to fix it?

10 answers to this question

• Advanced Members

It is actually a Firefox thing because I had the same issue , 

I would suggest either torch , opera , vivaldi  browser  or go back to Chrome.... 

its just firefox doesn't really work well with xat as of my experience . 

• Advanced Members

Are you sure it's not just a font issue? Chrome has some built in fonts that Firefox may require manually installation for?

The avatars thing is Firefox though, and there isn't any really easy way to fix it.

• Advanced Members

Hello Nymira.
i think you need days, but first you need login. You can Login here!
This often happens if the image is not good or you do not login.
Here you can see what you can use the image to the avatar to be fine.
Try this one, probably to be useful, thank you.

• Members

Well that's just wonderful :( But why is it there are some images I can see while others I can't? I can understand the font issue, but the avatars make no sense.

10 minutes ago, Bau said:

Hello Nymira.
i think you need days, but first you need login. You can Login here!
This often happens if the image is not good or you do not login.
Here you can see what you can use the image to the avatar to be fine.
Try this one, probably to be useful, thank you.

I am logged in and everyone in there uses image links from one of the sites listed. So this is no help.

• Advanced Members
9 minutes ago, Nymira said:

Well that's just wonderful :( But why is it there are some images I can see while others I can't? I can understand the font issue, but the avatars make no sense.

I said, try what I said above, And refresh the chat page.
It happens to all users, it's normal. i think :(
Edited....

• Members
1 minute ago, Bau said:

I said, try what I said above, And refresh the chat page.
It happens to all users, it's normal.

Here! :$ 

I said I already tried what you suggested before even posting here and it didn't work.

• Advanced Members
2 minutes ago, Nymira said:

I said I already tried what you suggested before even posting here and it didn't work.

I saw after,
You edited the message after that I edited myself..
I said what I do to go, it happens to me like that.
I do not see another answer here!

• Bot Service Providers

Hello,

This issue is happened just on Firefox, it's a common error more than 6 years ago.

I just suggest you to use Chrome, Chromium, Opera or other browser. It will not work on Firefox correctly.

The reason is simple, on Chrome and others browsers have something like a module special to force load the URLs internal/external if any error/response is given it will reload again(or when it is loading) it will load normally. On Firefox it is a bit different; the URL is not loaded automatically.

I wish you understand this, but as I said you can't fix it on Firefox, just change your browser.

• Members
1 minute ago, Laming said:

Hello,

This issue is happened just on Firefox, it's a common error more than 6 years ago.

I just suggest you to use Chrome, Chromium, Opera or other browser. It will not work on Firefox correctly.

The reason is simple, on Chrome and others browsers have something like a module special to force load the URLs internal/external if any error/response is given it will reload again(or when it is loading) it will load normally. On Firefox it is a bit different; the URL is not loaded automatically.

I wish you understand this, but as I said you can't fix it on Firefox, just change your browser.

Chrome and Opera are both very buggy for me. I think I'll try the two iRhea mentioned, Torch and Vivaldi, and see how that goes.

Thanks for the suggestions.