delayed tickets: how long have you waited? (open discussion)

Griftlands

• Advanced Members

there was a person who said he been waiting 1 year for a response on his ticket i think that is a long time to wait for one reply or even as a follow up to a reply. I know department is delayed but 1 year for a response to be is not right.  i wanted to see what you guys thought about this... people wait months then must wait again for another response. unless you get your ticket resolved on first reply there will be a wait everytime you reply. I made  a thread before about ways to improve the ticket system to make it better and  possibly faster. this thread I am leaving open for discussion what you think about the high volume of tickets I know volunteers are only human and I know there are more users than people doing tickets. i made this thread to get everyone's opinion on this i made a thread and it got closed right away so i am asking to keep this thread open for discussion. especially if department goes to admin then it will delayed  more since there are less admins than volunteers.  the other thread ended too fast this is not the same thread, other was about how to improve it this is about tickets delay and general discussion about users and their experiences.

any experiences with delay?

(this tickets will not be answered faster nor is the way to get your ticket answered faster)

this thread is about tickets in general and past experiences so if you have anything related to that this is the thread to talk about so.  (no bashing the ticket system or any staff)

• Advanced Members

I agree that 1 year for a response is totally unacceptable and I understand where you are coming from with this topic but the thing is:

The discussion about tickets and waiting times have been talked about many many times before with the same response.

The ticket system has been backed up for ages now and more volunteers were made to help reduce these.

The new volunteers are not trained on new departments straight away due to additional training and trust is required and this takes time.

There has been talk about older volunteers being trained into new departments while the new ones are allowed to look after the less difficult departments. 

There has been a discussion about xat staff hiring someone to deal with tickets full time (as a paid job).

There has been a discussion that xat staff help out with more tickets which are outside of the xAdmin department.

I am not trying to put a down side on this post but in reality this topic has been discussed numerous times but nothing has come out of it apart from a few more volunteers being made here and there to help with the big ticket demand but I am sure they are listening but long delay in tickets is something xat has always had a bit of trouble controlling. 

Edit: I misread what the topic discussion was about waiting times and if we have had passed experience with long wait times.

Yes, I have had to wait sometimes just over a month to get a ticket answered and even after submitting the correct information in my first ticket I was asked again to repeat the same information. While I understand there is a long delay in departments it may be best to ask users to supply information in the original creation of the ticket so issues can get resolved quickly. This could be basic things about locked out accounts such as: account creation location, last trades etc. If users were asked to leave this information before hand then it may speed up some tickets in being resolved?

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
16 minutes ago, SJBB said:

I agree that 1 year for a response is totally unacceptable and I understand where you are coming from with this topic but the thing is:

The discussion about tickets and waiting times have been talked about many many times before with the same response.

The ticket system has been backed up for ages now and more volunteers were made to help reduce these.

The new volunteers are not trained on new departments straight away due to additional training and trust is required and this takes time.

There has been talk about older volunteers being trained into new departments while the new ones are allowed to look after the less difficult departments. 

There has been a discussion about xat staff hiring someone to deal with tickets full time (as a paid job).

There has been a discussion that xat staff help out with more tickets which are outside of the xAdmin department.

I am not trying to put a down side on this post but in reality this topic has been discussed numerous times but nothing has come out of it apart from a few more volunteers being made here and there to help with the big ticket demand but I am sure they are listening but long delay in tickets is something xat has always had a bit of trouble controlling. 

there will always be a delay is another point due to more users than volunteers always will be and if everyone made tickets in other departments then the same would happened. I understand why it is so hard but I try to avoid the delay departments at will and so should people because they will be stuck there for months or years. unless you have a lot of powers or something important I can move on I have no xats days and power I know that is not the case for a lot of people so I can move on to another account if anything should happened to it

but the point is that department will always be delayed and this can happened to any department anytime image if all departments were delayed then what? know what I mean when I say users can fill up other departments because they know the delayed one would be too long then there will be off topic tickets about their issues I know this is not allowed but there is not much that can be done about delayed tickets

they cant just delete tickets to make room for newer tickets or ignore older tickets in favor of new tickets that wouldn't be fair for people who been waiting. so I cant think of a way and I know it is already hard  being a volunteer dealing with people nagging you all the time for things but its part of their job. tickets just going to always be hard

I have never been delayed because I check and I never had major problems (maybe long ago but that's before delay happened). but I know how hard it is on both sides

the most I have ever waited was 3 days and waiting can be hard but I can imagine months or years

• Volunteers

I remember a user asking for some Help for his ticket. They were saying they opened the ticket 3 months ago and that the issue still wasn't solved.

In fact, the volunteers were answering in less than 5 days for each reply and the user didn't answer for 10 weeks which obviously lead the issue unsolved for 3 months.

Most of the people saying they have been waiting for more than a month, in fact, haven't answered themselves for a long time or haven't opened the ticket under the appropriate help topic. 

I assume everyone is aware that some departments are really delayed, yet, I don't think the whole ticket system needs to be reworked. Also remember that each volunteer do not have an access to all the departments and that almost half of them was added in the past year: only a few volunteers are able to handle the delayed departments.

• Advanced Members
5 minutes ago, Sydno said:

I remember a user asking for some Help for his ticket. They were saying they opened the ticket 3 months ago and that the issue still wasn't solved.

In fact, the volunteers were answering in less than 5 days for each reply and the user didn't answer for 10 weeks which obviously lead the issue unsolved for 3 months.

Most of the people saying they have been waiting for more than a month, in fact, haven't answered themselves for a long time or haven't opened the ticket under the appropriate help topic. 

I assume everyone is aware that some departments are really delayed, yet, I don't think the whole ticket system needs to be reworked. Also remember that each volunteer do not have an access to all the departments and that almost half of them was added in the past year: only a few volunteers are able to handle the delayed departments.

its not volunteer fault

its not users fault

its due to massive tickets at once

there will always be delay more users than volunteer and little can be done

and tickets just cant be picked or ignore in favor of other that wouldn't be right neither

neither is it ok to prune or delete old tickets I favor or newer tickets

I see how hard

people have to wait in order of the ticket was made

but there will always be a delay in a department due to more users than any volunteers and hopefully not more departments will be delayed. what would happened if all departments would be delayed

the point is delayed department is not the right place to make tickets right now

try everything you can to resolve it yourself first

if it is out of your control or nothing you can do about it then you should make a ticket there

• Advanced Members

I'd also like to note that if a user hasn't received a reply in a year, they're likely beating a dead horse i.e. in most cases, their account has been torched, deleted or the like and have been told on numerous occasions that their account will not be restored.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
4 minutes ago, QueenANIME said:

there will always be a delay is another point do to more users than volunteers always will be and if everyone made tickets in other departments then the same would happened. I understand why it is so hard but I try to avoid the delay departments at will and so should people because they will be stuck there for months or years. unless you have a lot of powers or something important I can move on I have no xats days and power I know that is not the case for a lot of people so I can move on to another account if anything should happened to it

but the point is that department will always be delayed and this can happened to any department anytime image if all departments were delayed then what? know what I mean when I say users can fill up other departments because they know the delayed one would be too long then there will be off topic tickets about their issues I know this is not allowed but there is not much that can be done about delayed tickets

they cant just delete tickets to make room for newer tickets or ignore older tickets in favor of new tickets that wouldn't be fair for people who been waiting. so I cant think of a way and I know it is already hard  being a volunteer dealing with people nagging you all the time for things but its part of their job. tickets just going to always be hard

I have never been delayed because I check and I never had major problems (maybe long ago but that's before delay happened). but I know how hard it is on both sides

I am not a volunteer so I don't know how many tickets are created, how long people have been waiting and what departments users are creating tickets in but I will say my opinion on the matter:

If a user has a lot of powers, xats or days then I am sure they will have to wait the same amount of time as regular users to get there tickets resolved as tickets should be answered in order they are received unless they paid users are made priority because they are funding xat? (I do not think this is the case but i understand if this is how it works) 

If a user does create a ticket in the wrong department to (jump the queue) then I am sure there ticket would be transferred to the correct deparment but if users do not know where they should create a ticket then they should open one up in General Support and then the volunteers should place there ticket in the appropriate location to be reviewed and answered. 

If a user does ask for a ticket to be answered via xat chat or forum messaging then that is down to the volunteer to help the user but I am sure in most cases the volunteer would ask the user to be patient as there ticket is in a queue and will be answered then they get to it.

I have tried to answer things in your post and I do apologize if I may not of answered them correctly but these are just my person thoughts on the matter.

• Advanced Members
4 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I'd also like to note that if a user hasn't received a reply in a year, they're likely beating a dead horse i.e. in most cases, their account has been torched, deleted or the like and have been told on numerous occasions that their account will not be restored.

in that case they should still be notified of that

I think either close the ticket so they know or reply the good or bad news

no matter the situation

they are part of the delayed too

leaving  it open will make them think it hasn't been responded them

also maybe allow users to close their own tickets?

except for admin tickets

I remember this use to be

but it was removed?

• Advanced Members
2 minutes ago, QueenANIME said:

in that case they should still be notified of that

I think either close the ticket so they know or reply the good or bad news

no matter the situation

they are part of the delayed too

If a ticket is answered then the volunteer usually closes the ticket and waits for the user to respond in which when they do it will re-open there ticket but I also agree with what Daniel has said. If a user has no hope of getting there account back then they are most likely responding to the ticket with useless information or trying to plead to get the account restored which would of re-opened the ticket. If this is the case then volunteers should not bother anymore time with that ticket and just leave it open or abandoned.  

Users should of got an email when they get a response, they can also log into the ticket system to track the proccess of the ticket so they can check up on it if they choose. 

If the user does not give up trying to get a torched account back then there ticket could stay open for a year and the user should create a new account and start again.

If the user is legit and the ticket is a general issue in regards to an account problem or general support and they have not heard anything in a year then this is a different type of issue.