XAT - IT'S TIME FOR A CHANGE

Dann

• Advanced Members

WOW!  Karma!  Its so nice to see so many FINALLY saying what I have said for the past year, and been criticized for.. 

@Admin I actually knew you were joking and was going to defend your "star wars" analogy until your 2nd post, where you stated it was on your 

todo list.  We both know that you need your "nag list" to make the todo list matter.  

I am hoping that you start to see that the "gits" you labeled and condemned me for,  are the same users who actually care.  

Again I will tell you that not EVERYONE has your best interest at heart!  I learned eons ago that you have to make noise and seem negative to get anything done.

But DO take notice that its ME and those "gits" still here trying to get you to listen and hoping to make a difference,  

The idea behind contributors was a good one.  If the group was used how it was originally intended, there would not be an issue. I think it too late to remove the badge 

and the anonymity of the group.  That was a battle I lost.  I think instead we should hope the contributors reading this thread relay the feelings of the community in what the

contributors should actually do and try to implement it, even if a bit.  

Redirecting Help chats to Assistance.  I personally do NOT like this idea.  Reason is that assistance has failed to implement enough adequate staff to cover the needs

of each language.  A translator can only go so far.  I think it would serve the community better to have individual lobby, trading, help chats for each language.  Chats that allow all 3 to ensure

enough people.  Or a Wiki ran help chat with wiki staff, such as I tried to implement with Chat, as one of my last deeds.  The concept was good.  

Current volunteers...I think it unfair for me to express opinion on.  From talking to most of them, I am under the understanding that they do not hold the same voice and right to opinion that we had in my day.

I can only relate to the frustration they feel and understand the disappointment in wanting to do more and feeling at loss.  

Lastly, kudos to this thread, the contributors, wiki editors, and community who have taken part. Many thanks to @dann for laying it out there.

• Award 3

• Advanced Members
4 minutes ago, xPika said:

Isn't that what Trade, Ayuda, Ajuda, etc are for? Also, aren't there already help chats for other languages?

They were referencing the "dead" help chats.  Not the popular ones.  Having multi purpose chats would ensure enough users with adequate staff to actually

help.

Actually...I take that back..just because someone can speak a proper language does not mean they are capable of helping. An international chat 

ran by wiki editors would be more feasible, as wiki editors cover most of the languages anyway.

• Advanced Members
10 minutes ago, LaFleur said:

I am wondering why this turned into a contributor-badge-acknowledgment topic, it doesn't matter for me, but seriously thats the least of the 'problems'. 

It was a follow on from a discussion that was mentioned from Daniels post, and then was extended on throughout Unitys post.

• Wiki Editors

Assistance

If Assistance doesn't cover every single language that's spoken in the world, that's simply because there are no users willing to help. We could, indeed, rank every wiki editor and translator in the chat, I doubt that would make it better though. Personally, I'm against the idea due to the fact others would have to work on earning their positions, while wiki editors and translators wouldn't, and I doubt they'd even care to visit the chat. You should also take into consideration that not every wiki editor and translator is a helper, meaning a portion of them may be unable to provide proper assistance or even not be willing to volunteer.

I also don't understand how keeping dead chatrooms which have no users (and no helpers) would be a better solution.

• Award 3

• Advanced Members
Just now, Arthur said:

I also don't understand how keeping dead chatrooms which have no users (and no helpers) would be a better solution.

It would be a worse solution.

Imagine being a new user and going to a dead help chat for your language. What would you expect about xat?

It's better to go to Assistance or Help and use a translator than go to a dead chat dedicated to a specific language or get help from some unknowledgeable person ranked just to keep the chat alive.

What I would recommend is making the translator app free and not just for subscribers. :d 

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
2 minutes ago, Harrison said:

It would be a worse solution.

Imagine being a new user and going to a dead help chat for your language. What would you expect about xat?

It's better to go to Assistance or Help and use a translator than go to a dead chat dedicated to a specific language or get help from some unknowledgeable person ranked just to keep the chat alive.

What I would recommend is making the translator app free and not just for subscribers. :d 

Point taken!  I only suggested wiki editors because they are more knowledgeable in where to direct for help.  Free translator app is actually going in the right direction.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
4 minutes ago, Christina said:

Point taken!  I only suggested wiki editors because they are more knowledgeable in where to direct for help.  Free translator app is actually going in the right direction.

Sure, Wiki Editors can direct you to get help but being a Wiki Editor doesn't mean you know enough to provide proper help. :p

• Award 1

• Bot Service Providers
16 minutes ago, Harrison said:

Just to confirm a point, we need to know that,  just chats Trade / Cambio / La_Stanza / Flirt and xat_Test are active (including official/tribute chats).

So you talking about "dead chats" is really unnecessary.

All the others chat just have 3-7 users per day.

And you need to know that using http://xat.com/Help_ you will be redirected to your correct language, so using a chat managed by wiki editors/translators or some other way will be worse than having dead chats.

• Wiki Editors
Just now, Laming said:

Just to confirm a point, we need to know that,  just chats Trade / Cambio / La_Stanza / Flirt and xat_Test are active (including official/tribute chats).

So you talking about "dead chats" is really unnecessary.

He's referring to dead chatrooms which have been redirected to Assistance such as Ajutor, Pomoc and others.

So you talking about how his post about "dead chats" is unnecessary is unnecessary.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
10 minutes ago, Harrison said:

10/10 this should be changed. Its pointless anyway to require a subscription for the translator, i doubt anyone is going to make a subscription just to get a translation. Maybe this was a thing in the past, when there were no powers (i suppose it was added before powers)

• Advanced Members
10 minutes ago, Rida said:

xat is what games needed years ago to easily communicate on. Assuming that's where most of the user base came from. With Club Penguin shutting down, I suppose it'll decline further. However, for most gamers (who I hope have moved onto better games) xat isn't ideal against apps like Teamspeak3/Ventrilo/Discord. Radio stations were a big thing, but who actively listens to the radio anymore unless you're in your parents/grandparents car? (this might not be true for everyone) but if things like Spotify/YouTube and other music apps never existed, I would only listen to the radio then. For a business to run, it needs to keep up and be aware of it's competitors. 

Launching powers was a success. But let's not forget xat is a business and businesses make money. While I disagree with weekly powers, it's likely paying the bills. But for a business to run, it needs to offer what the users want, not what the business wants.

Contributors was introduced to give xat a more "diverse" outlook on things rather than constantly having a volunteer opinion. This was a good idea in the beginning, but I feel it quickly became another clique. For a business to run more efficiently, it probably needs real employees.

Nevertheless, there were users who genuinely cared about xat. There were users who constantly reported bugs. And there probably still is, but it's definitely not as huge as it used to be. Herzberg's 2 factor theory is a good start on that topic. So lastly, for a business to run, it needs to listen to it's user base.

Just ask yourself this question, "Would I introduce or recommend xat to anyone else?" and then ask yourself why.

I couldn't agree more, very well said. Thanks for also keeping it simple!

• Advanced Members

You know there is no hope for change when the administration isn't even taking it seriously. 

But honestly, I've lost motivation in xat due to lack of innovation. What exactly does xat offer that other media sites do not? I've moved onto Discord, and the only thing it really doesn't have over xat is powers. And as discussed, powers aren't as revolutionary as they were back in 2010-2011, and most of the powers over the years are just watered down of existing ideas (i.e multiple holiday powers, love-themed powers, animal powers). There's seriously no reason to use a flash-reliant chat system over the likes of Skype/Discord at this time of year other than out of pure nostalgia. 

If you aren't going to take a topic that is as concerning of what the future of xat holds, then I have no words.

• Award 1

• Volunteers
1 hour ago, Harrison said:

Sure, Wiki Editors can direct you to get help but being a Wiki Editor doesn't mean you know enough to provide proper help. :p

dnNzHkE.png

Oh??? 

18 minutes ago, Rida said:

So lastly, for a business to run, it needs to listen to it's user base.

Just ask yourself this question, "Would I introduce or recommend xat to anyone else?" and then ask yourself why.

Exactly!! I believe some sort of feedback is crucial whether it's surveys or something similar. If users are satisfied, they are more likely to recommend or speak highly of it. 

• Award 4

• Advanced Members
3 hours ago, Rida said:

I was gonna say something but then I didn't want to and now I can't delete the quote box idk why

But good post I appreciate the bold text it saved me time which I then wasted trying to delete the quote box

• Advanced Members

latest?cb=20110330092210&path-prefix=es

You're wrong. The administration is the main one to worry about what happens in xat.com if the users want a change or not since the income can be said that it is for him.

If most users think it's time for a change the adminsitracion should accept this, but many disagree, xat has been having small changes lately that maybe they have not noticed and those small changes are "drastic" Now, we do need some more changes, regarding what he said @Sloom I think it's a great idea to add more volunteers especially in Spanish since 70% of the users that enter xat are from the Spanish speaking community and we only have one volunteer who is @Júnior The one that sure is saturated. Just like our ticket system, in other companies the tickets are answered in less than an hour sent the ticket, we should improve that as people bother to wait so much for someone's response, they go to chat helps to demand that Be answered, some take up to a month.

@laming @La florWe must focus not on a change of design, but on improving the community first of all is the most important, help without having to get anything in return, chat that say they are dead like Loja & Assistance should not close, on the contrary should apply Strategies to improve, must add new things, things that attract attention, that you see the real interest, so the current users will feel more at ease.

And lastly, I think that should be invested more in advertising for xat, many people do not know that this exists if you want, when they look for chat on the internet other types of companies to meet people online, maybe this would help a little to attract public.

• Volunteers

Free and unacceptable wickedness .. I thought this topic was intended to suggest improvements for xat but you spend your time to make down and down the admins work and all other work and after you are still waiting for a constructive answer from admins? Nice try.

I know some of you had to say the truth but you could do be more nicely. Now, why just not take this topic and continue on suggestions instead? Because the drama isn't going to bring anything.

I may be the least placed to say that, but I say what I see about this topic.

• Administrators
9 hours ago, TinkerDoodle said:

The lack of improvement is actually disturbing, but that's just an opinion ;) 

Do you not think xat mobile is a good improvement to xat ?

Is it not useful to be able to chat at a bus stop, tea break, on the move etc etc ?

Mobile is a lot of work and we know there's much more to do. We have raised the priority of getting trading going on mobile.

Mobile will eventually add an invite functionality which allow new users to come on board.

Mobile will also directly lead to an html5 version (not technically proven yet)

• Award 5

• Volunteers
2 minutes ago, Admin said:

Is it not useful to be able to chat at a bus stop, tea break, on the move etc etc ?

At university, when the class is boring

Mobile definitely is an improvement for xat, yet what is done is invisible for most users and people don't see it advancing. Whether it advances or not, it looks like nothing changes when nothing is communicated.

Meanwhile, bugs and improvements are suggested; they may be on the admin to-do list but we have no idea of what's in it. Users don't necessarily need to be told about everything but more communication will be a huge step forward in my opinion.

• Award 2

• Advanced Members
17 minutes ago, Admin said:

Do you not think xat mobile is a good improvement to xat ?

Mobile is a lot of work and we know there's much more to do. We have raised the priority of getting trading going on mobile.

Mobile will eventually add an invite functionality which allow new users to come on board.

Mobile will also directly lead to an html5 version (not technically proven yet)

mobile helps on the go but about xat dying that will not fix the issue of people leaving

xat is getting boring same old things as said before

people want to see something new

they need to be entertained or have good reason to stay

other people outgrow xat and not enough people fill the gap

my solution is more advertising doesn't matter if its on  social media, search engine, companies, websites, tv, radio, or even newspapers

I made a thread all about this

https://forum.xat.com/topic/3427-advertising-facebook-twitter-google-bing-etc

people say less powers from 1 a week to 1 monthly or ever couple weeks. others want to see powers auctions but the issue wont be fixed there.

its advertising something Xat needs to do more

to grow and be more out there

its the breach people say that killed xat

its how people think xat is ran people say that killed xat

xat is not destroyed yet, just damaged

it can be fixed tho and my solution is more advertising

volunteers need to care more

and admins need to do more

listen to the people I know your outnumbered but consider what the people want