XAT - IT'S TIME FOR A CHANGE

Dann

• Advanced Members
3 minutes ago, TrueRedDevil said:

How did it take you 10 years to make a forum account?

Im not sure how to feel anymore

What? Not sure what you are asking. I registered in 2009. check my profile and the post.

• Volunteers

There are too much text, but i would like to agree about the ads/issues part. (The other parts aren't important at all. :$)

But well, some people also left xat because of the databreach that we had in 2015 and lost trust in xat.

There is the fact that we don't have many things "free" like games so people who don't want to shell out money on xat, don't see interest and feel rejected because they are not part of the "premium" team. I already pointed this point a few years ago about having free games/things to give attention to users who don't want to pay on xat but it seems admins have no time for that or have no ideas.

There is also the problem of people who take xat for a site where they can attack sensitive people and no longer take the time to come on xat or try to kill xat by trying to flee the weakest people. It might be nice if we moved into another universe when admins decided to do it so (you know what ..)  xat would be alive again because I think xat has great potential to go further and not die like that.

I would like to say, we have a terrible ticket system; why ? It's simple; Most of the volunteers have school and have no time to answer the tickets so each departments are delayed and people don't take the time to be patient and leave. If we had more volunteers that haven't school (even if it's not the solution), it would be cool because they would take the time to answer the tickets and we wouldn't have delayed departments. I don't criticize how the ticket system is handled, but the current problem that is causing some people.

We saw that admins managed to listen to us (finally) when we had the new forum (youpi!) So nothing is lost for xat. They have managed to improve the security of users (account) compared to previous years where security was not really what was expected. There will always be someone behind to raise the stone that xat is. (Yes, xat is a huge site!)

We shouldn't forget that from 2012, people have a life now and they have no time for xat. We probably lost people by that case.

And of course, they should do a little more advertising for the site and attract the attention of people who are interested in discovering what xat is, what can be done on xat etc.

• Award 5

• Advanced Members

@SlOom ty for your reply. 

I did not mention the breach due to xats inability to control it. But I do agree it made an impact on xat, one that we need to recover from. And I do agree that xat has A LOT of potential to make a great comeback. The security of people should always be number one priority in any business as it could cause a mass amount of users to stop using the service. But with a bit of dedication, the right team, and more of a proper direction it will all work out. @Admin

• Volunteers

Pretty well said. I agree on most of your ideas/points mentioned. Although I feel like xat should be focusing on gaining new users, it seems as though old users coming back to use the service are having the hardest time retrieving their account. Surely being held for inactivity for security reasons can be important, but are old users coming back to the service really going to wait one month OR MORE to be un-held to use it again? I mean yes they can make a new account however some accounts have true value and meaning to some people.

1 hour ago, dann said:

- Lastly, work on interacting and listening to users. This can be done even by simply surveying. I would dare you to survey your users now on the activity and how they feel about xat. You will get your response on how it's viewed.

This point really stood out to me. I've always wondered why there's never been some sort of feedback or feedback surveys within the xat community. I think feedback is crucial especially to something like xat that has a wide range of user base. It can help improve the service, is a good way to measure user satisfaction, and can be used to make better decisions etc. An idea I had in mind was some sort of feedback chat which could implement user surveys, feedback etc. A monthly report could then be given to contributors or administrators outlining the monthly concerns/feedback of its users. 

• Award 3

• Advanced Members
27 minutes ago, LaFleur said:

An alternative HTML 5 chat version would be great.

Yes, This is something that has been suggested, and should come into play.

4 minutes ago, Lemona said:

Pretty well said. I agree on most of your ideas/points mentioned. Although I feel like xat should be focusing on gaining new users, it seems as though old users coming back to use the service are having the hardest time retrieving their account. Surely being held for inactivity for security reasons can be important, but are old users coming back to the service really going to wait one month OR MORE to be un-held to use it again? I mean yes they can make a new account however some accounts have true value and meaning to some people.

This point really stood out to me. I've always wondered why there's never been some sort of feedback or feedback surveys within the xat community. I think feedback is crucial especially to something like xat that has a wide range of user base. It can help improve the service, is a good way to measure user satisfaction, and can be used to make better decisions etc. An idea I had in mind was some sort of feedback chat which could implement user surveys, feedback etc. A monthly report could then be given to contributors or administrators outlining the monthly concerns/feedback of its users. 

Yeah, Xat should think about what the users want, and what makes them stay here. They don't know unless they reach out somehow! as far as our user support goes, we need to work on it. it has degraded immensely and times are ridiculously outrages. good idea, maybe xat can garner some ideas from your post  @Admin

• Advanced Members

I think this is an amazing post. I can completely relate to everything said in this, and strongly believe Xat needs a super big fix. Xat is becoming a deserted community. @Admin needs to consider this post and actually listen to us. Just to add to your post, I see some chats have preferred a similar option such as Discord, and it's for the reason Dann said. Discord may not have hundreds of powers, a trading option, and mini games, but it does have a very modern design first of all. Secondly it has other vital features like a sidebar that displays what groups you're in (perfect if you are in different gaming communities or just like chatting a lot), 100 percent customizable text and voice channels (unlike the pools in xat) and availability (such as Skype's), just to name a few. As mentioned in the post, Xat must modernize and not look for scraps of money, but a bigger audience for to not only get more money, but to expand their horizons.

• Bot Service Providers

I'm sure that xat will be worked more.

I personally remember all these things, I'm according to you were good times but now all the people are "older" you can see this, communities like MSN, AIM, MySpace, Orkut etc were closed(don't have a lot of people as it was before). They are using more of their time in WhatsApp or Facebook(same owners zz).

I agree with LaFleur if xat work in an HTML5 platform should be great for the users when this is done will work better on a mobile device, no more lag on PCs etc.

I also agree about the suggestion on Google AdWords, it's a nice suggestion should work. I also suggest the admins do this on Facebook / Twitter(promote xat official pages). Why a big social networking as xat(that is listed on Alexa's rank in 17,581th) don't have a big page on social pages like Facebook / Twitter / and others things. Why aren't the pages verified? This is a simple way to fix.(should be more attractive).

• Award 2

• Advanced Members
10 hours ago, CarlosDesigns said:

I think this is an amazing post. I can completely relate to everything said in this, and strongly believe Xat needs a super big fix. Xat is becoming a deserted community. @Admin needs to consider this post and actually listen to us. Just to add to your post, I see some chats have preferred a similar option such as Discord, and it's for the reason Dann said. Discord may not have hundreds of powers, a trading option, and mini games, but it does have a very modern design first of all. Secondly it has other vital features like a sidebar that displays what groups you're in (perfect if you are in different gaming communities or just like chatting a lot), 100 percent customizable text and voice channels (unlike the pools in xat) and availability (such as Skype's), just to name a few. As mentioned in the post, Xat must modernize and not look for scraps of money, but a bigger audience for to not only get more money, but to expand their horizons.

@CarlosDesigns Totally Agree, Hope @Admin will decide to listen, so that we can progress as a community.

10 hours ago, Laming said:

I'm sure that xat will be worked more.

I personally remember all these things, I'm according to you were good times but now all the people are "older" you can see this, communities like MSN, AIM, MySpace, Orkut etc were closed(don't have a lot of people as it was before). They are using more of their time in WhatsApp or Facebook(same owners zz).

I agree with LaFleur if xat work in an HTML5 platform should be great for the users when this is done will work better on a mobile device, no more lag on PCs etc.

I also agree about the suggestion on Google AdWords, it's a nice suggestion should work. I also suggest the admins do this on Facebook / Twitter(promote xat official pages). Why a big social networking as xat(that is listed on Alexa's rank in 17,581th) don't have a big page on social pages like Facebook / Twitter / and others things. Why aren't the pages verified? This is a simple way to fix.(should be more attractive).

@Laming Thanks for your post, I must disagree with the fact that just because people get "older" it would affect any type of activity. The point would be to get more users on and keep demographic going. new users will come and age is really not a factor. The HTML5 platform is something that needs to be done at this point. And I agree with your social media to page ranking, we should be more out there when it comes to these aspects.

• Advanced Members
16 hours ago, dann said:

- Stop dishing out weekly powers, (sometimes people can't keep up with so many new things, and eventually gets repetitive)

- Create a strategic value of worth. ( according to recent prices EP is worth at 360k-380k. That's almost $1300 worth of powers ) Not many people can afford that, and the economy needs to somehow be adjusted.

- Lastly, work on interacting and listening to users. This can be done even by simply surveying. I would dare you to survey your users now on the activity and how they feel about xat. You will get your response on how it's viewed.

Perfect.

Though I don't see this thread doing anything to change how poorly the site is run, I've seen millions of these in my time.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
10 minutes ago, LeJon said:

Perfect.

Though I don't see this thread doing anything to change how poorly the site is run, I've seen millions of these in my time.

Thank you, @LeJon

regarding your response. What exactly is being run poorly? And do you have any suggestion for them to fix that issue? 

The point for this post is essentially so admins can take a look at how the community feels, and what should be done to fix it. (and with the hopes that they will take a look and consider our opinions)

• Volunteers
On 16/04/2017 at 11:17 PM, dann said:

And most importantly, I would like all users to give their IDEAS on how XAT can improve, and how XAT can work on bringing the user base up.

First of all, I thought your post was very inspiring, and it's great to hear your feedback and ideas.

My own idea to improve xat, and you may have seen me post this before, is to add more free two-player games, such as checkers, pong (or air hockey), and football. Perhaps even volleyball too. 

h9CIs.png

[concept art from the Slime Soccer game. You can see videos on YouTube.]

Some of my best memories on xat are playing pool with my old friend, and that's just one game. Granted, these games aren't easy to make, but I can almost guarantee they'd be popular, if added. 

Aside from how fun, addicting and refreshing they are, they're also a great way to meet new people - "Anyone want to play football?", etc. Those are my thoughts anyway. 

• Award 3
  • Cool 1

• Advanced Members

As you may know, I own a bot provider. Since now few months I keep lossing bots.

They don't go to others, they simply quit xat.

16 hours ago, LeJon said:

And this guy is right, how many posts like this do we need to create?

In my opinion, it's too late. Too many users left.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

Its really looks like too late . xat used to have chats filled with users , but now , except 1 - 2 chats , rest of all chats are just dead . hardly 2 - 3 users . People loosing thier intrest just because nothing new is coming up. well its never late , we can have something new which can create intrest of users back in xat. i hope it hapens . some changes i feel should be done is like 

1. Release new powers at power auction , not like always at store

2. or release powers for days ? instead of xats always .

3. and specially need to stop releasing powers every week . and not releasing powers of same kind eg we have 6 - 7 easter powers , love powers 

2dr8dhl.jpg

• Award 2

• Volunteers
42 minutes ago, lcky said:

3. and specially need to stop releasing powers every week . and not releasing powers of same kind eg we have 6 - 7 easter powers , love powers 

Not going to agree with you; why?

Releasing powers on auction power isn't a good idea because not everyone likes it and would rather have it on store directly because some people has no patience.

Releasing powers in days instead of xats isn't a good idea also; Not everyone has 1k days on its account.

Stop releasing powers isn't again a good idea, because people are waiting for a power each week and if it was going to happen, it would be more dead than it is actually; plus the powers theme isn't important, they just need to be creative.

Xat is living with powers, xats, days and if you are going to stop everything related to that; you can say bye to xat. I would like to agree, we need more powers auction, auction ID etc.. but actually, admins don't have the mind for or just have no time for (No i'm not talking for them but according to the current situation). It would be cool if one day, something new is coming but actually we can't say since mobile is still the top priority for them since a few years and we can't remove it from them.

And it's never too late for xat; If you are saying it's too late, it's that you are not fully interested by make it alive again. Yes a lot of users left xat, but it was probably good for them (Maybe work, school or idk?) because each day there are always new users, we just need to keep them and make them interested about xat. There are a lot of things to do on xat if you are interested by developement web etc.. (Like understand xat packets, how does a bot works, how does the chat works etc..)

If i'm still on xat, it's because i got interested by xat packets, bots etc..

• Award 2

• Advanced Members
14 hours ago, Crow said:

First of all, I thought your post was very inspiring, and it's great to hear your feedback and ideas.

My own idea to improve xat, and you may have seen me post this before, is to add more free two-player games, such as checkers, pong (or air hockey), and football. Perhaps even volleyball too. 

h9CIs.png

[concept art from the Slime Soccer game. You can see videos on YouTube.]

Some of my best memories on xat are playing pool with my old friend, and that's just one game. Granted, these games aren't easy to make, but I can almost guarantee they'd be popular, if added. 

Aside from how fun, addicting and refreshing they are, they're also a great way to meet new people - "Anyone want to play football?", etc. Those are my thoughts anyway. 

GAMES GAMES GAMES! These minigames were seriously addicting at one point. And it did allow for more user interaction and time spent on xat! good one.

11 hours ago, TinkerDoodle said:

It'd be neat to see @Admin reply to this post because the op has some phenomenal points here 

Seems like it's not going to happen, but won't stop trying! (Y)

5 hours ago, Jedi said:

As you may know, I own a bot provider. Since now few months I keep lossing bots.

They don't go to others, they simply quit xat.

And this guy is right, how many posts like this do we need to create?

In my opinion, it's too late. Too many users left.

@Jedi I'm sorry to hear your bot service is declining in users. But I believe these posts need to be made, even if repetitive. I understand the frustration, but the only way for your bot provider to do better, would be for xat to regain the user base. And we MUST bring attention to it. If we can get Admins to work on some values to regain users, then everyone will benefit. I'm not sure why they don't see that. And I believe we deserve an answer.

5 hours ago, lcky said:

Its really looks like too late . xat used to have chats filled with users , but now , except 1 - 2 chats , rest of all chats are just dead . hardly 2 - 3 users . People loosing thier intrest just because nothing new is coming up. well its never late , we can have something new which can create intrest of users back in xat. i hope it hapens . some changes i feel should be done is like 

2dr8dhl.jpg

@lcky thank you for your response. But you yourself stated "its never too late". I agree with some of your topics, hopefully admins will take a look.

4 hours ago, SlOom said:

Not going to agree with you; why?

Releasing powers on auction power isn't a good idea because not everyone likes it and would rather have it on store directly because some people has no patience.

Releasing powers in days instead of xats isn't a good idea also; Not everyone has 1k days on its account.

Stop releasing powers isn't again a good idea, because people are waiting for a power each week and if it was going to happen, it would be more dead than it is actually; plus the powers theme isn't important, they just need to be creative.

@SlOom This post speaks a lot. I also don't believe powers should stop releasing, but it needs to be less often. 400+ powers and counting...when is it too much? when is EP too expensive? how can this be controlled? The prices will inflate/deflate drastically with weekly powers.

@Admin WELL, what do YOU think? We are all waiting to see your response. I think the community deserves to see where you are at regarding bringing Xat back to life.

• Advanced Members

What about paying huge anime sites to use the xat chat (crunchyroll, kissanime, sidereel, anime-loads). This could increase the user base, considering that I and most of my old friends found xat by anime sites. However, i think working on xats chat, features, bugs would have to be done before.

Btw, what you may also consider, the user base might increase once the mobile app is released to public on play store/app store, etc.

• Award 5

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, LaFleur said:

What about paying huge anime sites to use the xat chat (crunchyroll, kissanime, sidereel, anime-loads). This could increase the user base, considering that I and most of my old friends found xat by anime sites. However, i think working on xats chat, features, bugs would have to be done before.

Btw, what you may also consider, the user base might increase once the mobile app is released to public on play store/app store, etc.

Thank you for your response @LaFleur I don't necessarily think that paying a website to use Xat would work. Generally People Search for  things they would like to add to their site ( a chatbox for example). So IMO xat should advertise so that people looking for chats on their site can chose XAT if they like it. Spending money on advertising with search engines will allow people to find Xat easily (by ranking top sites on those specific types of searches) and find what they are looking for. They just need to work with the keywords because finding a chat like this is kind of specific. 

Regarding your next point, I believe 100% the app will bring in more users, without a doubt. But what is so good about an app, when you need to work on the core. The core of xat is the website chats, you can't make the app good but the chat boxes the same thing as 2008(outdated). To me, it doesn't make sense. If xat was to work on the core, then come to mobile and base the mobile version on the core of xat (a new updated chatbox), then THAT would be considered change.

This is just my two-cents, remember this is all opinion based. So who really cares what we say, right? ;)

I can see Xat doesn't @Admin

• Award 1