Login Going Unrecognized

Ulysses

Question

• Members

So I log in to my account and go to a chatroom. Usually when I am logged in, my name will automatically change to what I used when I was last logged in and I will automatically get membered. This time, my name will not automatically change and I will only get automatically membered on chats with a bot. It doesn't seem like Xat is recognizing me logging in. What's going on?

6 answers to this question

• Advanced Members

I don't quite discern your question here. How does your name automatically change, I mean from what to what, can you elaborate more please?

The bot automatically promotes you to member because it automatically promotes registered users. That's how it was designed by the owner.

Edit: Do you find yourself using an old username than the one you have last used?

Try clearing cache it may help you.

• Members
17 minutes ago, freak said:

I don't quite discern your question here, what did you mean by "but this time", were you logged in? Also how does your name automatically change, I mean from what to what?

The bot automatically promotes you to member because it automatically promotes registered users. That's how it was designed by the owner.

• I logged into my account.
  • I went to a chat room.
  • Usually when I am logged in, the following will happen:
    • My name will automatically change from a guest name to what I set it as last time. For example, it would change from "SmoochBoo" to "Ulysses".
    • I will automatically get membered.
  • This did not happen, however I will get automatically membered on chats with a bot.
  • Based on this, it doesn't appear Xat recognizes that I logged in.

• Advanced Members

5 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

-I will automatically get membered.

-This did not happen, however I will get automatically membered on chats with a bot.

Like I stated earlier not all bots automatically promote you, it varies on the settings of each bot. 

As for the name gets changed after you login, try clearing cache/cookies and see if this helps.

• Bot Service Providers

Hello,

Can you please give me the chat/site URL via PM, maybe they are using an old param to do this.

Also do the thing that the users said, clear your cache/cookies it should work.

If it still not working try to move your "cache max allowed" to the maximum. Click on the chat box(flash's part) using the right mouse button, go to Settings then allow it to the maximum.

These methods should work.

• Volunteers

Due to lack of activity, I have to assume that the problem has been resolved. 

If that's not the case, and you're still having problems, please send me a private message and I'll reopen the question.