LaFleur

Smiley app update

1 minute ago, LaFleur said:

( 4 ) Añadir una manera para que los nuevos emoticones que se agregan a Xat, se añaden automáticamente a la aplicación smiley (no sé si esto es posible, pero sería muy bueno)

Entiendo que algunos de ustedes dicen que no es un wiki o de terceros sitios web, donde se podía las caritas de cheques, pero eso es demasiado inconveniente en mi opinión, la experiencia de chat debe ser lo más simple posible, la mejora de esta aplicación sería hacer eso.

No dude en dejar sus comentarios a continuación.

That would be a good idea, compared to the rest, I think that it should think thingson the world @Administración and volunteers.

38 minutes ago, LaFleur said:

(4.) Add a way so new smilies that are added to xat, are automatically added to the smiley app (i don't know if this is possible, but it would be great)

I don't think it's possible to be honest. The reason is simple : The free smilies are not listed on any page so it will be hard to keep the app up to date and they would have to update the app always unless if they add a page to it as they have done for powers (pow2) but I doubt it. But for the smilies powers, it would be possible ofc. 

The "buy" button can be useful but actually it's not. And to finish, the idea for the expand/Collapse is good; it would prevent the lag with all the smilies on it.

And something should be cool: A button to disable animations so you can prevent all lags. (If expand/Collapse can't be done.)

The wiki can provide (since xat would be reluctant to use some external website) a list of free smilies, in JSON format if it comes to it. 

• Award 1

Just now, Daniel said:

The wiki can provide a list of free smilies, in JSON format if it comes to it. 

Accurate, I agree with that part with daniel, as possible can be friend? @Daniel

4 minutes ago, Daniel said:

The wiki can provide a list of free smilies, in JSON format if it comes to it. 

Is that possible to have the link to see how is it please? Since i lost my time to scrapping all the wiki and save all smilies in a JSON.

Why do the smilies need to be animated on the APP?

Why not just use the png images for it?

If they have to be animated use the same way as mobile!

6 minutes ago, Paul said:

I think the whole point of viewing the smileys is being able to also see their animation. Viewing a bunch of png images would look pretty bland. 

I agree with removing the smiley powers at the bottom since it hasn't been updated in a very long time and just creates extra lag. The smiley bar should just include all the free smileys that everyone can use. It seems xat has been adding many new free smileys and the list will just keep getting bigger. It would also be nice to have a search feature so it's easier to find a smiley you want to send multiple times, or causing less lag to scroll down and find it. 

• Award 1

3 hours ago, Paul said:

If they have to be animated use the same way as mobile!

mobile using png strips with css and javascript, you cant use that on as3

37 minutes ago, Techy said:

mobile using png strips with css and javascript, you cant use that on as3

all they would need to do is change the way the side app is done, it doesn't need to be done on flash

I was working in a new and updated version of the current smilies side app, I didn't finish it, though!

I could try to finish it soon then show you.

• Award 1

17 hours ago, Daniel said:

in JSON format if it comes to it.

What's the URL of this?

I think it's a nice suggestion because some countries don't have 3G/LTE/4G too fast to stay looking for smilies on xatwiki page.

Also, it could be helpful.