Jump to content
Dubz

xat Tools

Recommended Posts

I'm attempting to start this thread again, hopefully it won't be deleted for no reason though. I had one a long time ago but it was randomly removed and I never found out why.

 

Anyways, for those of you who aren't currently aware of the browser extension I made for xat, it's a very interesting and (usually) convenient item to have for those of you who are on xat more constantly than others (and if you're on the forum, it probably includes you). I've created this (and published it) in Google Chrome and I'm looking to get it on a few other browsers as well (such as FireFox and Opera). If you aren't aware of what it does, it adds a lot of interesting and convenient changes to how you interact with xat.com. For instance, instant notifications when a chat is promoted in your language (or a specific chat in general), a way to remove different parts of a chat's designs (CSS, backgrounds, etc.) to make it easier to read, or disable flashy animations that may be bothersome. There's also a way to bypass the linkvalidator system xat hs implemented (for those of you who would consider yourself wise enough not to fall for phishing attacks). The list goes on to other smaller features, so check it out if you're interested.

 

Link to public version on Chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/xat-tools/ogcdcefmgcofkjjckhpjnhopehbhjmef

 

 

As for those of you who do know what it is already, and if you didn't you'll have a better knowing now, let's get into some discussion for it if you'd like. I've had requests for features over the course of its development, such as blocking bumps or kisses, and I'm pretty much running out of anything else I find useful to myself personally, or those who asked for them. I'd like to get some user feedback from those of you who are users, or are interested in it. I've put quite a bit of different options to tweak it out to your own liking (possibly more to come) so everyone can enjoy it fairly.

 

If you have any (reasonable) requests for it that you'd like to see, post them below and if it's popular (or I get bored, which is somewhat common), I'll probably add it.

 

I have added support for API calls to bot providers to make your lives easier with your bots, but so far only one (OceanProject) has agreed to and added their side of the support to it. As for the others, they've either not done their part to support it, declined to support it, or totally went MIA and their developers could not be found (cough*LP89*cough*).

 

 

For those who are concerned about their own security using it, the extension does not transmit any of your personal information (names, emails, passwords, etc.) outside of itself or xat.com (if it ever did). Passwords are not saved anywhere, and the only data that is transmitted is your ID privately, which anyone can see on xat anyways. I have implemented an api key system for authentication outside of xat and inside the extension network. Whether or not it abides by the terms of service, I cannot fully guarantee without xat verifying themselves. It does not interfere with other users' (that don't use it) experiences and you must voluntarily use it, plus it does not modify xat to be unusable, just adds to it.

 

Any private questions regarding it can be sent to me on here via PM, or find me roaming around on xat and talk to me there. Volunteers and admins may do the same as well obviously, especially if this thread isn't allowed for some reason.

 

 

*Please note, this extension is created "as is" and is not created by xat staff or any of its volunteers. I am not responsible for any misuse of the extension. Links above, although may be considered trusted, may not be suitable for everyone. Install at your own will.

  • Award 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the settings page should be redo; it's a badly organized with all the fields etc (Example: http://i.imgur.com/jg63UVI.png).. but the extension itself is good at all especially the image viewer, linkvalidator bypass, the power release and block kisses/bump.

 

We should have (even if it's not a related xat tool) something to save notes such as namecolor codes/pseudos etc...

  • Award 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please, this thread was made to showcase the extension so people can provide feedback about it.

Any other kind of post will be hidden.

 

 

Nice extension, @Dubz! Good job.

  • Award 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SlOom said:

I think the settings page should be redo; it's a badly organized with all the fields etc (Example: http://i.imgur.com/jg63UVI.png).. but the extension itself is good at all especially the image viewer, linkvalidator bypass, the power release and block kisses/bump.

 

We should have (even if it's not a related xat tool) something to save notes such as namecolor codes/pseudos etc...

I highly agree, the setting page is a hot mess and needs an extreme redo. Unfortunately, design is not my forte when it comes to this sort of thing, so it might be a minute before that's actually done. As for the notes, it would be convenient to have something for this sort of thing. I'll add it to the list for an idea and when I find the best way to do it I'll look into adding it.

 

8 minutes ago, Junior said:

Please, this thread was made to showcase the extension so people can provide feedback about it.

Any other kind of post will be hidden.

 

 

Nice extension, @Dubz! Good job.

Thanks for cleaning up the thread Junior, it was getting a bit out of hand. I appreciate the support for it as well!

  • Award 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Dubz said:

I highly agree, the setting page is a hot mess and needs an extreme redo. Unfortunately, design is not my forte when it comes to this sort of thing, so it might be a minute before that's actually done. As for the notes, it would be convenient to have something for this sort of thing. I'll add it to the list for an idea and when I find the best way to do it I'll look into adding it.

 

Maybe you can redo the page with some "tabs" (Example: http://i.imgur.com/qniDDVI.png) to make it more easy and more cleaner to use it.

 

Plus the images viewer is a little buggy : http://i.imgur.com/7n58NvI.gifv

 

Plus, you should improve something about the viewer: When you click an image link, it should directly open it via the images viewer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, SlOom said:

 

Maybe you can redo the page with some "tabs" (Example: http://i.imgur.com/qniDDVI.png) to make it more easy and more cleaner to use it.

That was one thought I had, I also thought about collapsible sections (ex. http://materializecss.com/collapsible.html). I might mix them together too, but my only concern is users getting lost trying to find a setting. That's why I just kept it on one view so you could use your browser's search to look for it quicker. Worst case scenario I make them all expandable so you can expand all of them then still use that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you take some time and think about some solid and kind of broad categories and move them into tabs, it will look a lot cleaner and avoid the concern of users getting lost. For example, splitting actual chat settings like blocking kisses, bumps and chat page settings such as CSS  (but obviously come up with better names).

 

Some less broad categories, like Linkvalidator settings wouldn't, as far as I can see, cause any confusion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Daniel said:

If you take some time and think about some solid and kind of broad categories and move them into tabs, it will look a lot cleaner and avoid the concern of users getting lost. For example, splitting actual chat settings like blocking kisses, bumps and chat page settings such as CSS  (but obviously come up with better names).

 

Some less broad categories, like Linkvalidator settings wouldn't, as far as I can see, cause any confusion.

I've tried doing that already and place them in separate columns as it is now, then subcategorized them under the header blocks. I might just widen it all and split them into groups based on the columns now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.