Password wrong when it isnt - no longer have access to old email

Mimikyu

Question

• Members

Hi, Im trying to log into my account, it's a very old one I created like 5-6 years ago, the user ID is cinnabells - number ID 226730930

whenever I try to log in it says my password is incorrect when it isnt, I have it written down and saved to my browser

currently I have zero access to the email used for the account, as it's even older than the account itself

is my account locked? Im positive the password is not wrong so I dont know why this is happening

4 answers to this question

• Advanced Members

There are several things that could be happening:

1) You're really just typing it wrong. Make sure caps lock is off, sticky keys is off, shift isn't on, etc. Maybe try restarting your browser.

2) You said you have it written down and saved to your browser. Don't copy and paste your password and don't use autofill. Type it out.

3) Try typing your password without symbols. (! @ # $ %) Does it work? Maybe, maybe not.

Normally if you lost your password, and you've come this step, you would reset it. However, since you don't have access to your e-mail, read on.
4) If you have zero access to the email used for the account, none whatsoever, you're going to want to create a ticket under the department of "Lost Acess." You'll be asked to answer security questions that prove that you really do own the account: 'cinnabells'. Currently you do not need to be a paid user to open a ticket here, but you do need to be logged in to an account. You may need a second account here so that you're able to open a ticket. If you need a new id, click here. Once you've followed that guide, go ahead and register.
4.5) If you're unable to open a ticket for any reason, contact a volunteer. Shoot them a PM and tell them your situation, ask politely, give them all the necessary information. 

Good luck!

• Advanced Members

Your account isn't locked or anything, you just have to make a ticket in order to recover the email; also logging in successfully. 

Create the ticket in lost access department insert five words as a subject let it be: Help, I forgot my email, don't forget to include the registered name or and the ID number to your account.

Speaking of the password xat's data had been breached once before as a result xat had changed the password of users' accounts for security purposes I'm assuming you haven't attempted to login at some point except for this time anyway don't worry you're fine. You can read about the data breach here.

• Advanced Members

I'd also like to add that since your account is old, and I assume hasn't been accessed in at least over a year, it will have a permanent hold on it. If you create a ticket, don't forget to mention that your account likely has a block placed on it so this gets sorted out as quick as possible.