username change: no actual change (captcha incorrect)

Griftlands

Question

• Advanced Members

there was an issue with username changes for me and I already talked to volunteer about this but I wanted to ask everyone if they might know an answer. issue with login settings.

I tried to change my username and accidently hit enter and it counted as a new username now I have to wait another week to change my username and another 2 weeks to  delete my rename to get my id. there was a captcha and it said captcha is incorrect but it still went through even though I made no changes  and it didn't even let me correct the captcha this issue is new to me.

I understand if you change caps,  for example then that would be valid but in my case I didn't change anything it was same username with no changes at all but it still went through as username change. how can something go through is captcha is incorrect but most importantly... how can you press enter without any changes to username and still count as a username change

I do not know if I am making this under the right section but move if needed. please leave this thread open as I wish to get as many answers or possibilities of what could of happened. (maybe this should be moved to a discussion thread).

error: 17 and error 20  even though this wasn't actually a real change and whether it was an accident or not, it shouldn't of went through

3 answers to this question

• Wiki Editors

If you created the account less than 14 days ago, you would have been met with resistance regardless.

I just tried testing your hypothesis, though, and it does appear to be an issue.

I was prompted with an error even though the username was stylized in the same manner.

I'll forward this along.

Thanks

• Wiki Editors

When did you register the account?

You will need to wait a minimum of 14 days from the time of registration.

E17 - Email not found, or cannot change username.

E20 - Cannot delete account due to username change or recently registered.

• Advanced Members

the point is that there was never a username change... it was same username no caps changes no other changes at all yet it still counted as a change

I know... I am waiting to delete the id now going to use a different id but I need to wait

since this caused both username change and username delete to reset i will have to wait the 7 and 14 days less now 3 and 10 i think.

lets say my usermame was   muffinsrocks

if you enter without changing anything it will counts  as a change even if you didn't change anything

i guess i have to wait now but this was an accident

4-5 days ago but don't remember (captcha also fails sometimes either doesn't show or shows as incorrect)