"change email" button

Griftlands

• Advanced Members

my suggestions is change email button for groups but with security options in mind to make sure they are the true owner of the group. the change email button would be under edit group option when you enter password to enter group settings.

this will be timed so you have click within certain time or link expires. also if you fail or get incorrect security information you can be locked out for certain amount of time.

1. everytime you click "change email" button an email will be sent to the email of the chat. you have to click the link to continue to verify ownership

2. once you change email or the email is changed the original email will receive an email stating the changes made to the group.

3. after you click the link you will be prompted with verification like old email or other question and the new email you want to change it to.

4. you will need to verify the email change again but this time under the new email you changed it too.

5. done... (all this will be logged or can be logable so xat can keep track if ever they need it)

reason why I made this is because Xat is very hesitant to change email of chat groups. sometimes there are reasons like email provider changes, their policy changes, like for example I use to use a free email host for my chat but they changed their policy to paid and deleted all free accounts. or others like moving to a new trusted emails or email no longer exists for example.

will work similar to when you create a group or user where you have to verify it under the account its under but instead you also have to verify the new email once the email is changed.

• Award 4

• Advanced Members

why would you need to pay xats for something that should be done free if there is good reason too... volunteers should be there to help not to charge for things as long as it is a very good reason not just because you want to do it or abuse it by getting changes too often

I had an issue too with an email host I used for everything but they changed their policy from a free email service to a paid email service and deleted all free accounts. we had chance to upgrade to paid but why would I want to pay for something that use to be free. also because it is too expensive and I can't afford it

this will prevent that and will have protections to make sure it is safe and secure

my tickets about group email change would be either ignored and never answered or say they can't do it because of whatever reason

• Advanced Members

I'll clear up some misunderstandings.

First, volunteers may charge an administrative fee for certain requests. No volunteer gets these xats; the fee is deducted by xat automatically, and none of the xats go to any volunteers.

Second, we no longer process requests for chat email changes.

• Award 4

• Advanced Members

do you guys still charge fee for certain requests and why did you guys stop doing requests for email changes

and also this suggestion will solve the issue about people wanting to change email requests

yes I took in considerations things that can happened such as ensuring you had to verify email change and notification of email change

• Administrators
49 minutes ago, Mysticons said:

do you guys still charge fee for certain requests and why did you guys stop doing requests for email changes

We don't change chat group emails, because we lack the tools to properly verify information that would allow us to link the chat group to its owner.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
5 minutes ago, Mido said:

I liked this suggestion but its implementation is difficult in xat.com because there are volunteers to help with this through the ticket

Volunteers don't do this for chats anymore only for accounts

This will solve issue of being changing group emails with security measures and limitations on how often you can do it

37 minutes ago, Andre said:

We don't change chat group emails, because we lack the tools to properly verify information that would allow us to link the chat group to its owner.

What if I use account with the same email as the group chat wouldn't that be proof enough

Or ask like email of chat or add a security question for groups or something like that

• Advanced Members
21 minutes ago, Mysticons said:

What if I use account with the same email as the group chat wouldn't that be proof enough

Or ask like email of chat or add a security question for groups or something like that

As Andre said, volunteers do not have tools (if any) to deal with the information of chats. This is why it came with a 1000 xat administration fee, because admin intervention was required. 

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

I came up with idea because use an email hosting service that changed their policy a while back and changed from a free email service to a paid email service of course they allowed users to upgrade to paid but why would I pay for something that was free and most importantly their prices were kinda high. I simply could not afford it. a lot of my chats used that email service. I also had accounts under that email service. they deleted all free  accounts and those accounts can no longer be remade and are unrecoverable. so there gone forever. I have also used my own domain names which I sold or expired. another example there.

the point is email service can change their policy anytime and change their free service to paid or other things can happened. (unless you use big one) like their service disappearing or they going out of business. along of this and other reasons this is why I made this thread because volunteers do not have the "tools" of lack of as they state above to do make changes because of verification issues they say. this will solve that and admin no longer need to be involved to do so.

worst idea is to use your own domain you may think yes I own the domain but either you will get rid of them or let them expire unless you have a business or something similar. it is not guaranteed you will keep that domain forever. so its better to use something like google (gmail). simple & secure

the email provider I am talking about that changed their policy from free to paid is:  hush.com and hushmail.com   (@hush.com, and @hushmail.com)

• 1 month later...
  • Advanced Members

Hello to everyone needs to put this idea into practice, why not?
@Admin -  Upgrade - Edit chat group. Add Button change E-mail

1zxvdpl.jpg

I need to change email to my xat, and to change I have to wait 30 days or more. 90 days i think.
And then I have to buy with xats. Do you think this is good?
No, please let's do something useful for xat.
I changed my email once, cost me I think 5550 xats
Now i want to change again, i have to wait 90 days and buy again, my group? My xats. Wow OMG
Why not be that free, and change the email with the xat password, or an optional password, that is, the secret password
If I want to change my password, why wait 90 days, or why create another xat, when I can only change email, and continue with the same xat that I love, the same name.
Simple things that we have to wait for months, that makes the world go away. leave :(
When it can be done simple and easy, if I'm wrong, I just start to silence, and if I have to get out of the xat, nobody will feel my lack.
But this is something to be done, I'm sure here are a lot of people who think the same way I think.
Who want things well controlled, all the site has the option to change email, even the games, but why does not it still have that?
You do not come up with excuses, motives, or things that do not exist, because I'm not a bad man. I just want to be more advanced, I know the world I want, I'm sitting on a lot of time, and I see what the world is telling what they want, or what is wrong.

My question is, why not?

• Advanced Members

i think this idea is good to let people change email of groups however how it should work

1. click edit email

2. insert old email

3. insert new email

4. check current email

5. verify email change

that why you have to know the old email

and verify the new email via current email

• Award 1

• Members

Admins won't spend time on anything that's not making them money, hence the 1000 xat administration fee.

It would take all of 20 minutes to completely implement and test a "change e-mail feature" and its a disgrace that it isn't an option.

This is just another example of xat are lacking the most basic of features, and this is why xat is declining over the past couple of years.

Volunteers do a surprisingly good job considering the poor quality and lack of tools given to them.

• Advanced Members
On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 0:18 AM, Andre said:

this will fix that

you will have to know

old email (to ensure you are owner)

current email (to verify new email)