Error 26 - Can't file a new ticket/flash error?? -- Need a vol pls

SxYTwI0303

Question

• Members

I am in desperate need of a volunteer please lol - SO after a week I was finally able to get my xat account unlocked. After that I was told I would be placed on a 7 day hold. Which is fine! I totally understand the 7 day hold. But now I have a new issue. A friend tried to give me 7 days to hold me over till i go buy some from Trade ... and he received ERROR 26. I'm getting conflicting answers on what ERROR 26 really is. Error 26 shows its an account block, indef from trading. But trade says that its because my account isn't activated. My account is probably 7 years old. I no longer have the activation link to reactivate it. So I am not sure if the volunteer that helped me made a mistake and instead of a hold placed a block or what exactly happened :( I was able to file a blocking ticket but its been 5 days and is showing "Open" and no one has responded. I tried tonight to file a new ticket and now I am getting a flash error. Which I don't have. Every step is correct, and my browser looks exactly the same. I have never had a problem filing a ticket and I asked my friend to try to file one and he said he has the same error. I am so confused lol please can a volunteer help please? Thanks! 

2 answers to this question

• Wiki Editors

Let's try and break this down for you...

SO after a week I was finally able to get my xat account unlocked. After that I was told I would be placed on a 7 day hold. Which is fine! I totally understand the 7 day hold. But now I have a new issue. A friend tried to give me 7 days to hold me over till i go buy some from Trade ... and he received ERROR 26. I'm getting conflicting answers on what ERROR 26 really is. Error 26 shows its an account block, indef from trading.

Re: Hold

Accounts can have multiple flags (indicators of status).

You can have a temporary transfer block as well as a block that would completely inhibit you from being able to trade / transfer with an indefinite duration.

But trade says that its because my account isn't activated. My account is probably 7 years old. I no longer have the activation link to reactivate it.

Your account has a temporary hold as well as a transfer block right now.

Your account is already active (registration confirmed) -- so don't worry about that.

So I am not sure if the volunteer that helped me made a mistake and instead of a hold placed a block or what exactly happened...

You're correct; this looks like a mistake on our end; normally we do a little hot potato internally for these cases (forward the ticket)

Your account was unlocked and a temporary hold of 7 days was applied but you still had a permanent transfer block on your account which is what is preventing you from utilizing transfer.

Terribly sorry for the inconvenience.

I'm getting conflicting answers on what ERROR 26 really is. Error 26 shows its an account block, indef from trading. But trade says that its because my account isn't activated. My account is probably 7 years old. I no longer have the activation link to reactivate it.

I can understand how you got confused when looking up the error message; the distinction is in whether it's a system problem or an error from another page.

> In your case, it was the former.

System problem 26 means that the recipient of the transfer has a transfer block.

In this instance, your account has the transfer block which is why your friend was prompted with this error when trying to send you items.

I tried tonight to file a new ticket and now I am getting a flash error. Which I don't have. Every step is correct, and my browser looks exactly the same. I have never had a problem filing a ticket...

Re: No Flash Warning

Have a quick gander:

https://util.xat.com/wiki/index.php?title=Flash_Plugin

I was able to file a blocking ticket but its been 5 days and is showing "Open" and no one has responded.

...and I asked my friend to try to file one and he said he has the same error.

What you should do:

If you filed the new ticket under Account Block, you should be in line to possibly get this lifted. You won't need a new ticket on this issue, as Arthur mentioned.

If a ticket is open, it will appear in the open queue of tickets to be tasked.

The average time between replies varies across the departments, but unfortunately this is a more than typical wait time.

So, try to hang in there and keep waiting patiently!

You should also advise your friend not to open a ticket on your behalf. In order for us to proceed, we have to be dealing with the original account owner!

How I plan to facilitate this for you:

I'll notify the persons who handle this department to make sure they are aware of the situation and point them to your original ticket re: unlock so that this goes a little smoother

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any further questions, send me a message and I'll be happy to help!

Topic closed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Award 1

• Wiki Editors

Hello,

The error your friend received while transferring to you means your account has a transfer block. Please continue to wait for a response on your ticket. You don't need to open a new ticket as you already have one in the appropriate section (Account Block).