person domain issue: using info@domainhere.com for chats & account

ChattChitto

Question

• Members

i have an account about domain names. i buy domains and create websites for a living but some domains expire and others i let expire to due reasons but the question is if the domain is under info@domainhere.com for example i get an error stating the email is invalid... i know its the email because i had this issue before using personal domains. if i cant get this fixed is there a way i can change the email of the account and chats associated with that email. this email only happen with the  chats attach to the domains i own. maybe xat has blocked it or maybe its just xat doesnt want to accept those domains not sure but i cant reset because of this and is anything that uses domain or my own person .com.  the domains i use all have emails will auto reply maybe that can be another issue. everytime i reset or do something that email notifies or emails me maybe it spams them with the autorespond (should i turn this off). i have it to say thank you and you message has been to sent to people who sent to the domain email (website). idk if this is the issue or the other issues i mentioned but i do believe its either a block or just not accepting the domain i enter.  it says "email is invalid" when the email is invalid and is in the correct email format. i get no error code just the message.  maybe xat should either fix this to allow personal domains on accounts or just limit accounts to trusted emails like @gmail @yahoo @aol @Hotmail @outlook etc. (i use gmx most). its annoying and it autoblocks it. the domain i use for chats and account i am keeping forever and will keep renewing it every year so don't think i am going to let it expire or its just a temp thing. it is a real email i use and i do use it. i am planning of actually renewing it for 5 more years soon (i was thinking 10 but that is too pricey). anyways i am rambling now, thank you

4 answers to this question

• Advanced Members

This is an issue I have run into before when using temporary emails to register accounts, I believe if your email provider (i.e. your own email server) bounces email(s) from xat, it gives you the "invalid email" error when trying to login.

As Anar stated, you need to create a ticket to have the email changed and since you do not have access to the account(s) in question, you must create a new account and open a ticket in the "Lost Access" department. As for the chats, xat is very reluctant to changing chat emails, however it is not impossible.

• Advanced Members

Yes, you can change your account's email:

If you have access to your account, you will have to open a ticket under the "Email change or Email hint" help topic. You don't need to be a paid user to open a ticket in this department. Subject should be at least 5 words long.

If you cannot access your account, register a new ID and open a ticket under the "Lost access" help topic. You do not need to be a paid user to open a ticket in this department. Subject should be at least 5 words long. Also, please include the ID/regname of the account you need help with.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to change the chat's email.

• Members

Hi,

I've tried signing up and creating chats using non-e-mail-hosts (such as info@domain.com) and they appear to work for me. The ones that do not work, however, are e-mails that aren't hosted.

What TLD does your domain end with? Also, does your domain contain any words that are inappropriate?