EP Addon

Techy

• Advanced Members
2 hours ago, SlOom said:

I kinda like it but... how is it going to work with flashrank ? Is there the rank color after all cycle colors?

not all pawns support flashrank maybe this could be one.

Although I feel since its everypower flashrank should work with that, if it gets done

• Volunteers

I think this is something we shouldn't add... 

We already have too many flashing colors, and a cycling pawn wouldn't really help...

Unless you needed 10 units of every power to unlock that pawn, then it would be fun (not many would have it)

• Award 1

• Members

Many colors is not for the power, it makes no sense that 1 power have all or much of colors, they are seems to me to be very good.

And what @Cupim says is true all that requires 10 or more powers of those and no one will have it by the expensive which is the power

Best regards.

• Volunteers
2 hours ago, Cupim said:

Unless you needed 10 units of every power to unlock that pawn, then it would be fun (not many would have it)

That sounds painful to maintain. Buying 10 new powers every week, praying they don't release an epic one. x_x Ruby alone would have cost them 1,000,000 xats. But it's a fun idea, Cupim! 

My main concern [with the 10 set idea] is that introducing a new higher pawn might worsen the appeal of the current ones. Why? There's a prestige in having the best pawn available - it's one of the key reasons why people buy EveryPower in the first place. If you introduce a new pawn that outclasses even the Emeralds, that becomes the NEW symbol of wealth on xat, it might discourage a lot of people from spending money on the less-glamorous ones. People might think, "I'll never be able to afford that rainbow pawn (meh), and I don't want any of the others, so I won't bother." My point is that although it'd be wonderful for the five or so people who can actually afford it, it might ruin the experience for everyone else. Their pawns would no longer be the best.

But I might be talking nonsense. 

• Award 1

• Members
1 hour ago, Crow said:

That sounds painful to maintain. Buying 10 new powers every week, praying they don't release an epic one. x_x Ruby alone would have cost them 1,000,000 xats. But it's a fun idea, Cupim! 

My main concern [with the 10 set idea] is that introducing a new higher pawn might worsen the appeal of the current ones. Why? There's a prestige in having the best pawn available - it's one of the key reasons why people buy EveryPower in the first place. If you introduce a new pawn that outclasses even the Emeralds, that becomes the NEW symbol of wealth on xat, it might discourage a lot of people from spending money on the less-glamorous ones. People might think, "I'll never be able to afford that rainbow pawn (meh), and I don't want any of the others, so I won't bother." My point is that although it'd be wonderful for the five or so people who can actually afford it, it might ruin the experience for everyone else. Their pawns would no longer be the best.

But I might be talking nonsense. 

I slightly agree with you on this, but with xat releasing a power every single week and additions overtime they're going to have to keep maintaining these new glamorous  pawns anyways. Not everyone is going to enjoy this emerald pawn effect forever, and more people will grow tired of it just as they did with the original EP pawn. I think that something of a cycle feature for users isn't a bad idea [minus the 10 of every single power]. Maybe the colors are adapted by users attributes such as Length of shortname, married or bff or single, length of ID (Maybe something that changes what color you start to cycle with, the hex coloring of the cycle itself OR lack of colors that cycle due to not having a shortname, being married or having a short id) Just an idea though.