Every visitor has a gold Icon in my chat

SAGESMOON

Question

• Members

Hi. At one time, I was the only one with a gold icon, as the owner of the room. Today, every visitor had a gold icon and I was unable to click any buttons (they were whited out) to try and remove them from having gold icons or even make them moderators. I bought xat Days in hopes it would restore my ability to change their status yet it did noting. Can anyone tell me what to do?

3 answers to this question

• Volunteers

Hi there. It sounds like everyone has been given the owner (or main owner) rank. If you wish to reset the chat ranks, you'll need to reset the chat itself, which requires access to the chat's password.

If you know the chat password:

Click 'Edit' at the bottom right-hand corner of the chat page, fill in the password, and the 'Reset chat box' button will be located at the bottom of the page.

If you have forgotten the chat password:

You can reclaim it by getting an email sent to the chat's email address. To do this, click 'Edit' again, then enter the chat's email address (if you can remember it) in the 'Email' box, and an email with the option to reset the chat password will be sent to you. Then follow the previous step.

If you do not have access to the chat password or email address:

I'm afraid you'll have to talk to the person who does (usually a main owner), and try to reason with them.

• Wiki Editors

I've marked Crow's response, as I believe this covers the bulk of the question you put forth.

Please also refer to Tanner's post, though, as this should help clear up the issue of the members' rank not changing.

If you feel there are loose ends or our identification of the issue was incorrect, send me a message and I will be happy to reopen the topic for you.

• Award 1