Can´t edit my profile and this error keeps happening

TomBoy

Question

10 answers to this question

• Members

Your display name and registered username are different from each other. To find your username, go to a chat, and click on your name, and copy the name beside your ID -- this is your username, remember it.

npiBdZr.gif 

Then, go to https://xat.com/web_gear/chat/editprofile.php and paste the name in the "Username" field. For example, mine is Tanner, so I'll use Tanner.

J6W0U6d.gif

• Advanced Members
4 minutes ago, TomBoy said:

https://gyazo.com/d50e18b7302f250d471bff47a6c990ad

This is an issue wich i can´t solve, my password and login name are totally correct but i can´t seem to log in and edit my profile on the xat screen 

if u lads can help me out i would apreciate it a lot.

thank you

Your password has (. , - _ ?) or something like that? if there is any of change your password first and remove it from and try again.

• Members

<removed>

tried to change it, it can´t find my email.... this just does not make sence since i can log in on the forum.... but can´t on the normal xat.com/login....

and no it does not have such stuff in it... just numbers and letters

[Edited by moderator: don't share your email here]

• Advanced Members
3 minutes ago, TomBoy said:

<removed>

tried to change it, it can´t find my email.... this just does not make sence since i can log in on the forum.... but can´t on the normal xat.com/login....

Don't show you email here. try with another email with all you remember  and see which one is the correct.

• Advanced Members

This error happends when there are too many attempts to login with an incorrect regname or password.

Make sure to put the correct registered name (your xat account's one) and the correct password. If there is a symbol in your password, then simply write it without the symbol. 

Edit: User used a wrong xat user name to login. They found the correct one - the issue is fixed.

• Wiki Editors

Your xat account and forum account are separate things. If you're unable to log into your xat account, you'll need to reset your password. If you're positive that you've entered the email address that's associated to your account and it says "Email not found", you'll need to log into an account and open a ticket under "Lost access".

If you're able to log into your account, try entering your password without the symbols on the profile editing page. For example: If your password is "%hell$", you'd need to type "hell".