Delayed Ticket Department Suggestion/Improvement

CarbonHome

• Advanced Members
22 minutes ago, Christina said:

I LOVE the fact that it is more important to focus on being negative toward me, then working to solve a clear issue that the users of xat have.

This is very untrue. You have spent the last year posting nothing but negativity on this forum and assuming the worst, which is why I and others continuously reply to you with counterarguments. It has nothing to do with who is posting it, it has to do with what you're posting.

I will remind you that just because we haven't posted a solution to this problem within the first 10 hours of it being brought up does not mean we are ignoring it. I hope we can find and implement a solution soon.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
37 minutes ago, Steven said:

This is very untrue. You have spent the last year posting nothing but negativity on this forum and assuming the worst, which is why I and others continuously reply to you with counterarguments. It has nothing to do with who is posting it, it has to do with what you're posting.

I will remind you that just because we haven't posted a solution to this problem within the first 10 hours of it being brought up does not mean we are ignoring it. I hope to find and implement a solution soon.

Perhaps I would be more positive then if your original post addressing me was geared toward the issue at hand in the first place instead of toward me and an outdated system, as you said.

You receive the type of response that you infact give. Am very happy to see that you care. Best of luck.   

• Award 2

• Advanced Members
29 minutes ago, Sean said:

My point exactly. Just like volunteers, we are in tune with user frustrations being moderators at help so we have the credibility to speak on this issue.

Some users feel that their tickets aren't receiving attention for preposterous reasons such as it being unimportant and low-profile. Some also feel that they aren't receiving attention because they haven't invested much in the website. (xats/days, powers, shortnames or any feature that requires payment) It is actually quite depressing because it is absurd for a user to feel that way. They start questioning their worth as a user after wallowing in hopelessness for so long. Why should it get to this point?

I've spoken to angry users at Help on several occasions. At times they come off as disruptive and obnoxious and are banned for that reason. I refrain from banning angry users as long as they don't delve into inappropriate behavior. I also think punitive action in this case is insensitive. Yes, it can be excruciating to deal with, but they are customers at the end of the day. Going back to my point, I always take interest in understanding the psychology of users. I try to understand their frustration by letting them air out their issues and giving them a solution. Just by giving them an ear, understanding the situation, giving reason and providing a practical solution, they've went from being hostile to being very kind. This is the power of communication.

Establishing communication alleviates a lot of frustration and confusion so I think working towards this can get us moving in the right direction. 

Wish I hadn't run out of likes for the day so I could like this post. Everything you said is spot on.