Delayed Ticket Department Suggestion/Improvement

CarbonHome

• Members

Hi all, (hug)

As a regular xat user I would like to share with you the experience I had with the ticket system a few days ago and I would like to hear your opinions on how this could be improved (if it can). I had this discussion with a few users on Help already but I would like to share it with the forum so that we could get more opinions on what could be done.

Long story short, someone attempted to scam me on Trade chat so I did the obvious thing, to report this to the staff. The staff then suggested to open a ticket and report the scam there as well. Sadly, I wasn't informed on how delayed the emailed department is and how long the scam reports take to be resolved. I found myself stuck after 2 weeks, with a still open ticket under the Emailed Department. In that time, more serious issues came up that I needed to open a ticket for, but sadly I couldn't, as my previous ticket was still open. Had I known that my scam report would take so long in that particular department, I probably wouldn't have created that ticket.

I do believe that users should be given out the chance to be able to submit another ticket, ONLY if their previous ticket is under this delayed department. I also do understand how busy volunteers are and I know that they probably have a lot of tickets to answer, but maybe something could be done in order to find some middle ground.  

What are your opinions about this?

Home (1994)  

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

The ticket system has been a topic of controversy for years, and countless people have provided suggestions on how to fix it or make it better. The reality of the situation is that it will never be perfect and will never fit everyone's needs all at once. The predicament that you are in is a fairly unique one. It is my belief that xat limits the amount of tickets that a user can have open at one time in order to prevent a ticket overflow and to prevent the same user from spamming the ticket system with pointless and repetitive messages. Because of this, I don't think they will change the "1 ticket open at a time" rule. I have never had access to the ticket system, so I am not speaking from first-hand experience like current and former volunteers would be able to, but it is my understanding that they work to the best of their abilities to resolve all tickets in a timely manner. Scam reports usually take longer than other tickets because there is a much higher level of investigation that must be done in order to successfully come to a conclusion.

To your point about users being able to open more than one ticket if one is currently open in the "emailed" department, I think that is a great idea. If it is possible, I think that it should be implemented because of cases like yours where users do not have malicious intentions but are genuinely stuck. The administrators and volunteers are always looking for ways to improve the ticket system and make it more efficient and convenient for all parties, and I think your suggestion fits that bill.

Sorry about the situation that you are in, and I hope it gets resolved to your satisfaction as quickly as possible.

• Award 4

• Members
5 minutes ago, Unity said:

To your point about users being able to open more than one ticket if one is currently open in the "emailed" department, I think that is a great idea. If it is possible, I think that it should be implemented because of cases like yours where users do not have malicious intentions but are genuinely stuck. The administrators and volunteers are always looking for ways to improve the ticket system and make it more efficient and convenient for all parties, and I think your suggestion fits that bill.

Yes exactly. Any user could lets say report a scam on ticket but then if they get locked out of their account or they get a transfer hold/reserve etc, they wouldn't be able to resolve their own issue. 

• Advanced Members

When it comes to being able to open multiple tickets, it wilbe abused by impatient users. Yes, these can be banned from opening new tickets due to this abuse, but prevention is better than a cure. Also the departments would be full of tickets causing big delays and annoyance to everyone, even if they make the ticket limit 2 per user.

As Daniel said, users can contact a volunteer to have their tickets opened and solved. Not that big of a deal.

• Volunteers

I completely agree with you. This has been an issue that has come up by many users within the last month or so. It is not someone's fault if a user tried to scam them yet all they're doing is being a good user to report a scam. Surely a report scam ticket might take some time due to all the investigation that may need to happen but if a user needs to open a ticket for another reason I think the least xat could do is allow them to do so (I mean after all, the user is helping xat to pin down scammers). In regards to impatient users abusing it, I really don't see a problem with having 1 ticket in the report scam department and 1 ticket in any other department.  Not every user uses the trade engine on the daily or even gets scammed every time they trade so they wouldn't really have any need to report a scam or attempt scam. But if it comes a case where a user does get scammed and somehow manages to lose their auth code, they can use their 1 report scam ticket to report the scam and their 1 other ticket in Lost auth.

It would be sad to see users feel discouraged to open a ticket under Report Scam knowing that it could take awhile or knowing that they may need another ticket for another problem that they feel is more important than reporting an attempt scam that a trade mod told them to report. I have seen 3 situations already with users frustrated about this same problem. As for the "report the scam directly to a volunteer", surely this can be a solution for some people but what about the people who already have a report scam ticket open but have another issue? Are we saying that theoretically users can ask a volunteer to open a ticket for them to expand their maximum amount tickets because they have one in report scam? Or what about the users out there that have no idea what a volunteer even is or don't even know what an official chat is? I think allowing users to have 1 ticket in the report scam department and 1 in another department can somewhat fix the ongoing problem without causing too much of a ticket increase or delays. 

• Award 3

• Advanced Members

I don't think users should be able to open more than 1 at a time because it will be regularly abused and mess up our system. I do think that it would be nice if volunteers could open a second ticket for them if a user requested one for a reason like this, though. 

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

A really good solution would be letting users to just reply to their tickets with their second problem - that way the volunteers can just solve their second problem along with the first one or just creating a whole new one for their latest issue, as Steven said.

• Advanced Members
1 minute ago, Shake said:

A really good solution would be letting users to just reply to their tickets with their second problem.

Happens without us telling them. It's much better to have a separate ticket for most issues.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
5 minutes ago, Shake said:

A really good solution would be letting users to just reply to their tickets with their second problem

If the first problem is in a delayed department and the second is not, then they end up waiting weeks for a response they should get within a few hours.

• Award 5

• Advanced Members
16 minutes ago, Steven said:

If the first problem is in a delayed department and the second is not, then they end up waiting weeks for a response they should get within a few hours.

It's just an option, along with directly messaging a volunteer. At least better than waiting for a response just to reopen a ticket or allowing them to make multiple tickets based on the same issue in different departments (which will happen).

• Advanced Members

A  user replying to ticket is not really an option because then it delays the original ticket pushing it back.  A ticket should also be created in the correct department based

off each individual need.  This IS A HUGE problem now that Trade staff is having users create their own tickets to report scams.  Its high time that xat or volunteers create something similar to 

the sticket system that once was in place to alleviate these issues or to come up with an alternative solution. A few volunteers are very informed on this old process that worked for 9 years.

They can offer insight and help with the solution.  

A system like sticket also cuts downs literally dozens of false scam reports and reports with inadequate time freeing up volunteers in the delayed department, as well.  There are countless 

benefits for all.

• Award 3

• Advanced Members

I think that responding to already existing tickets with new issues would work if it wasn't so inconvenient for both the user creating it and the volunteer. It only makes the response time longer and would make the entire thing more confusing for the volunteer answering it. I also agree with Elie that separate issues should have separate tickets for this reason.

That brings us back to where we started; how does this issue get handled at both parties' convenience?

I like Daniel's suggestion of contacting a volunteer to create a separate ticket. I think that is a good idea that will work in most cases should it be needed. However, that can also be inconvenient for the volunteer. Sticket was okay, but it was used in a controlled environment. Expanding a system like that to all of xat will get hectic and confusing for volunteers.

• Members
2 hours ago, Lemona said:

It would be sad to see users feel discouraged to open a ticket under Report Scam knowing that it could take awhile or knowing that they may need another ticket for another problem that they feel is more important than reporting an attempt scam that a trade mod told them to report. I have seen 3 situations already with users frustrated about this same problem. 

Surely, I have to agree with what Lemona said. I myself am very discouraged right now on reporting a scam again through a ticket and I feel that more people might be, if they experience something similar to me. However cases like these should not be left unreported thus this is why I feel that something more should be done. Thank you all for voicing your opinions on the matter! I have seen some very good points here.

• Advanced Members

Yes it is true!  As confirmed from current volunteers who even say a user responding to an already open ticket pushes it back on the list.

Trade staff was always PROPERLY trained.  However...nothing is foolproof so they only reported. Also reporting to trade mods or ticket makes little

difference in a trade chat where language barriers are a problem either way, whether it be the mod or the user.

Like I said it DOES NOT have to be the sticket system.  

I'm not happy with the biased outlook that the leaders chosen random  should come first over users and their needs.  I'm not happy that I could say the sky is opaque and

the few same random people will argue its pink just because its ME.   Trouble with tickets due to this reason is a very good subject and it would be for the benefit of all to put the stupid differences aside and come up with

a solution.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
20 minutes ago, Christina said:

Yes it is true!  As confirmed from current volunteers who even say a user responding to an already open ticket pushes it back on the list.

I don't know which volunteers you've been speaking to, but that's simply not true.

Thanks Elie.

20 minutes ago, Christina said:

I'm not happy that I could say the sky is opaque and the few same random people will argue its pink just because its ME.

I'm not sure if we are arguing against you because it's you, or it's because all you do is rant and rave about how you, and everything you did as a volunteer solved all of xat's problems.

Just because you thought your system was amazing, and (again) solved all of xat's problems, doesn't mean it did. No matter how much training you give your owners, they simply do not have the tools to check if a scam report is legitimate, other than following your guidelines. One of your guidelines was that there had to be 3 reports, so, a user had to (potentially) scam 3 times for a report to be passed on? Interesting.

Another one being that a report had to have "enough" proof. Who decides what is enough? Trade owners? Scam reports do not necessarily need proof, and should always be reported even if you do not have any proof. If I was to report user "ABC" for scamming with no screenshots, but a description of what happened, this is a legitimate report. In your system this would have been thrown away.

Frankly, if any reductions in ticket times happened because of this system, it was because of how many legitimate scam reports were thrown away, and how much were simply left lying because that user only scammed twice and not three times. I'd hate to think of what other guidelines you had in place, "full chat screenshot with and without ID"?

I don't know about you, but I'd rather have every report investigated properly and not "Trade owners play[ing] as senior volunteers" as Arthur put it.

• Award 4

• Advanced Members
9 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I don't know which volunteers you've been speaking to, but that's simply not true.

Thanks Elie.

I'm not sure if we are arguing against you because it's you, or it's because all you do is rant and rave about how you, and everything you did as a volunteer solved all of xat's problems.

Just because you thought your system was amazing, and (again) solved all of xat's problems, doesn't mean it did. No matter how much training you give your owners, they simply do not have the tools to check if a scam report is legitimate, other than following your guidelines. One of your guidelines was that there had to be 3 reports, so, a user had to (potentially) scam 3 times for a report to be passed on? Interesting.

Another one being that a report had to have "enough" proof. Who decides what is enough? Trade owners? Scam reports do not necessarily need proof, and should always be reported if you do not have any proof. If I was to report user "ABC" for scamming with no screenshots, but a description of what happened, this is a legitimate report. In your system this would have been thrown away.

Frankly, if any reductions in ticket times happened because of this system, it was because of how many legitimate scam reports were thrown away, and how much were simply left lying because that user only scammed twice and not three times. I'd hate to think of what other guidelines you had in place, "full chat screenshot with and without ID"?

You honestly have NO clue.  Volunteers have guidelines.  I also said on 2 separate occasions  during this thread that it does not have to be MY system. 

There are by far other solutions to be had for the existing problems.  And to be fair my system WAS amazing in the regard that it did not hold up users tickets,

delay ticket responses further, and flood a department that CLEARLY does not have enough time to handle.  You also should know your facts that staff only reported and it was up to volunteers

to decide if enough proof was there.  Xat at the time required at least 3 proofs.  Understand the system before you put it down.

You are more then welcome to help come up with a system that will help the users.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

"Bumping" or replying to a ticket multiple times shouldn't be necessary anyways. It can be understood that volunteers' aren't robots so tickets cannot be resolved promptly, especially in situations that involve an investigation process. I think what deeply angers the community/users seeking support is the unresponsiveness. I can go deep into this topic if anybody feels otherwise. 

One big step forward is instilling comfort in the users psyche by telling them that they are working on finding a solution as soon as possible rather than not replying at all. 

• Award 2

• Advanced Members
25 minutes ago, Steven said:

Just because something worked nearly a decade ago does not mean that same thing will work or should be implemented today.

I would LOVE to know why you guys are so focused on 1 system.  It was NOT a decade ago. But how MANY times do I need to say 

could be ANOTHER SYSTEM even that the ALMIGHTY users of xat create.  I LOVE the fact that it is more important to focus on being negative toward 

me, then working to solve a clear issue that the users of xat have.  xat is NOT about me or volunteers or the small amt. of  people here but the hundreds of users.  

Helping them and coming up with solutions to their problems should be priority. 

I gracefully leave this thread and hope that one day the people who have the power to do something for the good of xat wake up!

• Award 2

• Advanced Members
6 minutes ago, Sean said:

"Bumping" or replying to a ticket multiple times shouldn't be necessary anyways. It can be understood that volunteers' aren't robots so tickets cannot be resolved promptly, especially in situations that involve an investigation process. I think what deeply angers the community/users seeking support is the unresponsiveness. I can go deep into this topic if anybody feels otherwise. 

One big step forward is instilling comfort in the users psyche by telling them that they are working on finding a solution as soon as possible rather than not replying at all. 

I agree with this, and I feel like it isn't mentioned enough. As a moderator at Help, I see people have issues with tickets daily. These people are obviously upset that their ticket hasn't been answered, but I believe that a big part of their being upset is the lack of communication. They wait 1 or 2 weeks and get no response; not even an update, and they feel like they're being ignored. That makes them even more upset. I feel like there has to be some way to maintain some communication throughout the investigation process so that users don't feel that their ticket is being neglected.

• Award 1