Paul

Vote yes or no  

41 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of this idea?

• Like it
    • Love it
    • Don't like it

• Volunteers

Currently, to share an image with someone you have to send the direct link of it. So I don't quite understand how this would be any different than posting a gif in main when it wouldn't show directly in the chat. How would a sticker be any different than an animated smiley? Also, considering it takes a decent amount of time to get a banner approved, you have to remember that a lot of people would probably use this feature and the amount of items you would have to approve would be a lot for volunteers to even handle on top of tickets. You also could run into the problem of the gifs being copyrighted etc. Besides, do people really want to wait for approval on something that is so simple by just posting the link of it in main? 

• Award 4

• Advanced Members
1 minute ago, Lemona said:

Currently, to share an image with someone you have to send the direct link of it. So I don't quite understand how this would be any different than posting a gif in main when it wouldn't show directly in the chat. How would a sticker be any different than an animated smiley? Also, considering it takes a decent amount of time to get a banner approved, you have to remember that a lot of people would probably use this feature and the amount of items you would have to approve would be a lot for volunteers to even handle on top of tickets. You also could run into the problem of the gifs being copyrighted etc. Besides, do people really want to wait for approval on something that is so simple by just posting the link of it in main? 

This shouldn't take long to approve them sine I said contributors could approve them, depending on how admin does it if it got done.

This would be different from smilies and would allow users to have their own come up on the chat.

The copyrighted shouldn't be an issue since that would be one of the rules, and we would check into them to see if they are free to use etc, but mostly it should be user made.

• Award 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Yea ,can be one new power + Gifts sending to people or at one girl/boy,friends on xat why not... Better then nothing and to be somethink new for all i can say it has a great idea for xat and @Admin can read & decide it if all are supporting his idea + suggestions. Great job Paul  ;) (hug)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Members
4 minutes ago, Christina said:

Copyright would come into play here to much.  

I am also confused as to why forum moderators take part in this?

Its a chat feature or a forum one? I see him say on xats not forums.

It's only for chats.

Reason i said checks would be made is because of copyrighted stuff, it would be kept strictly to stuff people made themselves and free to use stuff

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
23 minutes ago, Christina said:

Copyright would come into play here to much.

They wouldn't even bother suing over a picture, especially if it's fan art (that promotes them). Other forms, though, they will try.

• Advanced Members
5 minutes ago, Elie said:

They wouldn't even bother suing over a picture, especially if it's fan art (that promotes them). Other forms, though, they will try.

It depends what exactly was allowed.  Its a wide range.  I'm not sure I understand the whole concept of it.  You can post prnt screens and images now.

Posting smileys to me is similar to posting stickers.  Allowing this feature would take away from the concept of smiley powers.  Or I am thinking completely wrong?

Facebook has your own that you can download...why not just apply the smiley concept to that and just categorize them happy sad in love etc....To me xat should be unique

and not take ideas that we already have in place and make them more visually similiar to other sites.

• Bot Service Providers
On 11/03/2017 at 5:24 AM, Paul said:

That will give them more work to do, which I'm sure they are busy enough with doing tickets

When this is done by Volunteers and Moderators we can trust more than "Contributors" they have more experience in identifying copyright files or ask for others staff about this.

To be fair and clean, we know that have some contributors that will approve things just from their friends.

• Paul locked and unlocked this topic
  • 1 year later...