Improve Messaging & Unfair Bans Reports Communication

Echo

• Advanced Members

When a user reports an unfair ban or wants to message the chats main owner via xats built in messaging systems we aren't able to reply directly and have to share our private emails address in order to reply. Here's the current email message:

ba39c9e10a.png

We are unable to reply to this email directly and must copy and paste the email address the user has supplied and respond using our own email address to send a reply. This is making users have to give out their own personal email to others and I would like to see this being improved.

I know xat don't want to have a high amount of messages going through info@xat.com so I was thinking if there was any way to allow the users to use a custom email address to reply to chat messages and unfair bans? It would be something reports.CHATIDNUMBER@xat.com or maybe set up a system out of users xatspaces?

Could this also lead to a group power (EMAIL) to better reply and communicate with their chat users? If anyone else can think of a way to improve the communication system then fell free to comment.

Thoughts?

• Advanced Members

I like this suggestion a lot. I wonder if it would be possible to implement an on-xat feature like events per-se, but for reports (it doesn't have to be a power.) Basically the user would click the "message" button in the bottom right, but instead of being prompted to email the main owner, they would fill out their message and it would be sent to an inbox that only the main owner could see by clicking the same button and typing in the chat password. I think that would be a much more effective system and it would cut out emailing all together from this situation. The main owner who receives the reply could then message the user back through the system, which they could check by clicking on the same "message" button, or just talk to them directly on the chat.

• Award 1

• Members

I Kinda think its unfair they are paying to send a Amount of emails, like someone probably really needed that account or was important to them and now have no money, and ofc you wont Refund them like i asked when my acc with powers got banned and said no refunds are functioning [given] so i really believe you should stop paying people, its like your greety because you want more money then others, i dont wanna get banned or be rude but you need to treat your commuinty better this is why lots of my friends left after they got banned and no refund, please stop doing this crap

• Advanced Members
5 hours ago, KawaiiKat said:

I Kinda think its unfair they are paying to send a Amount of emails, like someone probably really needed that account or was important to them and now have no money, and ofc you wont Refund them like i asked when my acc with powers got banned and said no refunds are functioning [given] so i really believe you should stop paying people, its like your greety because you want more money then others, i dont wanna get banned or be rude but you need to treat your commuinty better this is why lots of my friends left after they got banned and no refund, please stop doing this crap

Jedi is referring to the money that Xat pays to use that email system that sends the automated emails. The users themselves do not have to pay to use the "message" feature.