Upgrade the quality of pawns

Exuby

• Advanced Members

Hi everyone,

I've noticed this about a year ago but never really talked about it. The resolution of pawns WITHOUT reghide, gold, or EP looks worse than pawns with reghide/unregistered with Blueman, Pink, or no pawn power. Take a look:

mGlTxrF.png

Although I do have a better display (Macbook Pro "Retina") the first pink one and all of the un-registered pawns look better than the rest (no shadow or pixelation). I suggest we fix the pawns or upgrade their resolution. I couldn't imagine it being hard.

• Volunteers

That, unfortunately, can't be fixed.

That happens because it's displaying an external swf file, so when you zoom in and view it in a bigger size than the original one, it gets pixelated.

As you can see, it only looks good on toons (unregistered users) or users without any objects over the pawn (the cross, the star, etc) since that's the only pawn which is in the same file.

This also occurs with the smileys, all the smilies but the default ones (smile, wink, mad, tongue, etc) look pixelated when zooming in.

• Advanced Members
9 minutes ago, Junior said:

That, unfortunately, can't be fixed.

That happens because it's displaying an external swf file, so when you zoom in and view it in a bigger size than the original one, it gets pixelated.

As you can see, it only looks good on toons (unregistered users) since that's the only pawn which is in the same file.

Are you sure there aren't any ways to fix this? I don't know tons about swf files, but can't other pawns be included in "the same file" as you said?

• Volunteers
Just now, Tanner said:

Are you sure there aren't any ways to fix this?

Yes, I am.

2 minutes ago, Tanner said:

can't other pawns be included in "the same file" as you said?

Yeah, that might work, the weekly pawns would be the only problem.

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, Tanner said:

Are you sure there aren't any ways to fix this? I don't know tons about swf files, but can't other pawns be included in "the same file" as you said?

this would require the client to be updated every time a pawn is added or removed and by the looks of it the client hasnt been updated since november so its unlikely they gonna do that every single time

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
2 hours ago, Junior said:

Yes, I am.

Yeah, that might work, the weekly pawns would be the only problem.

The thing I don't understand is, why do Blueman and Pink still look as good? They do change the pawn.

• Advanced Members
41 minutes ago, iRare said:

Gonna have to agree with Techy and Junior here. Not only is it a virtually unfixable problem, it's also very likely to very low on the admin's list of priorities.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

Stop saying they can't fix this issue, as Techy said, they can update the client everytime a pawn is added.

How many pawns are added per year on xat?

Few years ago they used to edit the client everytime a power was added. (Once a week)

You are paying 50k xats for a gold pawn, it can at least be perfect.

• Award 5

• Advanced Members
3 hours ago, Tanner said:

The thing I don't understand is, why do Blueman and Pink still look as good? They do change the pawn.

Cause it's just a color added to the default pawn. (green, light blue (member), white, orange, cyan, dark blue (blueman), pink, black ... )

• Award 1