Redesign the Website

Kayzar
Message added by LaFleur

The xat website has been revamped with the new html5 web.

More info: https://forum.xat.com/topic/7934-html5-new-web-changelog/

• Advanced Members

I think that xat needs a redesign in general (HTML5, login page, ticket system, etc) but small steps are great if they can get us in the right direction.

Excellent suggestion, Kayzar.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
2 hours ago, Tanner said:

I think that xat needs a redesign in general (HTML5, login page, ticket system, etc) but small steps are great if they can get us in the right direction.

Excellent suggestion, Kayzar.

Website doesn't need any redesign.

Chat page needs some.

About ticket system, blame osTicket. You can find unofficial bootstrap theme https://github.com/philbertphotos/osticket-bootstrap-theme

• Advanced Members

I agree! main website dont need changes.

the chat pages do and have needed to be done for a long  time, it would be better if they redesign the chat pages and make the page responsive

• Volunteers
48 minutes ago, LaFleur said:

I suppose i am the only one who likes classic stuff

If you mean old things, no you are not the only one. ^_^

Personnally, the site is fine like that. We have the main site in Bootstrap, it's already enough and cool to keep something old like the chat page since we don't have much thing that is from the part of the old template of 2007. Don't kill the good thing.

If you want to change the buttons, just use css like some chats are doing to customize the chat page.

@Paul : The chat page wouldn't be fully responsive because of the chat. 

• Advanced Members
7 minutes ago, SlOom said:

If you mean old things, no you are not the only one. ^_^

Personnally, the site is fine like that. We have the main site in Bootstrap, it's already enough and cool to keep something old like the chat page.

If you want to change the buttons, just use css like some chats are doing to customize the chat page.

@Paul : The chat page wouldn't be fully responsive because of the chat. 

I mainly mean for outer backgrounds since people have different size screen this would help everyone by then making a default size.

• Volunteers
Just now, Paul said:

I mainly mean for outer backgrounds since people have different size screen this would help everyone by then making a default size.

Ah yeah. I thought, you was talking about all the chat page included the swf. 

• Advanced Members

The main page is fine like this, but it is true that xat needs to make some changes at least in the graphics.
Modernizing a little would not come as bad as admin thought about it?

• Advanced Members

The main page has been redesigned before, and I think that it looks good the way it is. However, aside from moving the inappropriate, message, edit and etc buttons from the top right to the bottom right, I can't remember the last time there was a significant chat page redesign or update. While I don't think it's currently a top priority, it would certainly be nice to see a change in the future.

• Advanced Members
8 hours ago, Tanner said:

Login, home page and the almost all website is already updated, has a good design and I'm just talking about the chat box page.

• 4 months later...
  • Advanced Members

The main website could use some more modernization, but not as much as the chat pages themselves. The competition right now is way above xat. I know that if the majority of the few users we have lurking around in the forum and on the chats would combine their love and passion for this website, we can perhaps force a change. We could together convince @Admin to change the way xat works, and most importantly, get the word around.

• Bot Service Providers

Just add my Adsense code on xat pages it will be a great improvement..

Well, really xat needs to update the pages used for chat groups because it looks like "2007's page" including the old icons in low-quality (gif)

Ticket should be improved because is using a version too old.

HTML5 chat will be available soon, so suggestion this isn't really needed, for now, just wait for it.

All other parts are ok.