Borrow power

Cyno

• Advanced Members

Paying a small fee, like 25 xats to xat for the usage of this, this might be cool to test powers beforehand, you can't do with bots.

Then again, this could also be done from the store, by having the possibility to test a power for 1h for 25 xats. Trading not possible of course. This was already discussed here in the forum though.

5 hours ago, Cyno said:

Borrow power would allow you to borrow powers from users (they have to allow you ofc) and they return back to the original user after a set time. (such as 24h) 

And how would the powers come back to the original owner?

• Volunteers

It's not a terrible idea, in my opinion. It introduces a much safer method for users to lend powers (which people can do anyway), and if you slap a fee on it (like lafleur suggested), it could help prevent abuse.

You can't trade everypower or allpowers anyway, so the most expensive thing you could lend is gold. Make the return automatic, and only one power can be borrowed at a time (for 1 hour). They'd still need subscriber time to use it too (and the borrowed power cannot be traded or used at auction, of course).

• Award 1

• Volunteers

Sounds like a good idea.

I like to imagine it working because I think it might reduce scams at first...

"ah uh, I borrowed my powers to Fred, and he ran away with them" 

Or the classic:

"I married BigNum2, gave him Everypower, now we've divorced and he wont give it back"

I see this idea as a solution to some types of scams, for example, when borrowing occurs and there's no return (giving back)

And if this power goes out, I don't think that there should be unit limits for transfers, meaning you'd be able to borrow as many powers as you wish.

On 27/01/2017 at 2:49 PM, Sydno said:

What if you want to borrow borrow power?

If you had 2 BORROW powers, you'd be able to borrow one of them since the page/app will require you one BORROW power to perform the function.

Although they can make that you can't transfer the BORROW power to prevent bad results ...

Or that you must be the original owner of the power to perform the borrow function.

Imagine where it could happen (the function of temp transfer). Would there be a page for borrowing powers?

Or an edited version of the trade app named borrow app can work?

W/ a page its easier to add cancel options, otherwise I see difficulty in trying to design cancel options on an adapted version of the current Trade app (not much space available)

I'm fine without the cancel option though, if you're borrowing powers and you've confirmed it, it'd be patient to wait 24 hours for them to come back.

But if I'm borrowing powers for longer (lets say over a week), then its a different story and I'd rather have a cancel option available somewhere.

Regarding the power time limit, I'm not sure if 24 hours is the appropriate timing considering many users borrow powers to their partners for long periods of time

Lets remember how DX power works, once its used its gone. Shouldn't BORROW power work like that?

I'm not saying to make the power burn after the usage but until the temp transfer is due, the borrow power wont show to the user (meaning he can't borrow again)

For an example, you'd need to have more than 1 BORROW power to borrow powers again to another person.

1 power borrow per temp transfer, then it goes back to your ID after the transfer is completed.

Once borrowed the powers would disappear from your ID completely ...

• Award 2