Graphics Community Appreciation Topic

Macho

• Advanced Members

I'd like to thank Manu, Navith, and NiceBits for providing the community with resources on graphics.

Without their contribution I would have never been able to make this background below.

yJY58qL.png

So let's all thank them for the hard work they put in into sharing with this community! :)

Edited by Macho
  • Award 2

• Advanced Members
19 minutes ago, Macho said:

Do you release tons of inner templates? :$

It is not the quantity, but the quality that matters. Sure, Manu's templates are good, but some other people (Jake, Nicebits, Danneh, etc) released pretty good templates, so you should thank them too. 

Edited by Ethan
  • Award 3

• Advanced Members
8 hours ago, Ethan said:

It is not the quantity, but the quality that matters. Sure, Manu's templates are good, but some other people (Jake, Nicebits, Danneh, etc) released pretty good templates, so you should thank them too. 

It'd be really helpful if you could link me their topics and I'll appreciate them too!

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
9 hours ago, Lost said:

If you want to show appreciation, like his post or even private message him directly.

Making an entire thread is not necessary whatsoever and feels berating to other graphic designers who provide just as much resources, if not more.

Remember not every users will share the same experiences as you, some may not use Manu's templates, take that into account before opening these types of threads.

I did not force anybody to look at this thread, now did I?

I made this thread to simply give my thanks to a designer who provided a lot for the graphics community.

I edited my topic by the way.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
47 minutes ago, Lost said:

That logic could apply literally on any thread you make, regardless of what the content is; even if that content is considered disrespectful or even rulebreaking (an example. not this case in particular, obviously).

Like I said in my first post, if you want to show appreciation, you should do it directly and not do it publicly, if you made edits to your original post, I don't see why you feel the need to quote my first reply, which was directed at the original, unedited post you made.

No point derailing this thread any further, but my personal opinion of making threads similar to this should be a no-no (where the appreciation is for a single person and disregards others who contributed etc.)

Alright I get your points that you have made several times.

I apologize for making an appreciation topic.

You're right I should've gone to them directly instead of publicly.

We all make mistakes at the end of the day. I hope you remember that.

Edited by Macho
  • Award 1

• Advanced Members

smh the graphics community was never about arguments so pls stop ty, next time just thank every designer for devoting their time to make resources

otherwise, nice background.

Edited by Tanner
  • Award 3

• Advanced Members

Are you people serious? :s

Can I go on Twitter and thank Obama for being a good president? Yep. Will George Washington be offended in heaven that I didn't thank him too? Nope.

Of course you're allowed to thank someone and show appreciation for their work without mentioning everyone else.

• Award 3

• Advanced Members
On 1/19/2017 at 1:16 AM, Ethan said:

There you go, Jake.

1 hour ago, Navith said:

I had no involvement in this thread and I'm still embarrassed.

You did have involvement lol.