Official ID Re-sellers Wiki Page

Macho

• Advanced Members

Since we have a re-sellers page for users who sell xats why can't we have a wiki page for official ID re-sellers?

I understand that some users scam others for an ID but there are a lot of really trust-worthy users who should have their own wiki page.

So that users can know to go to them instead of the wrong ID re-seller who will scam them. Don't you think?

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

Because you aren't likely to find a lot of users who sell IDs for long periods of time. 

Second, resellers buy and sell xats for real world currency. This is riskier than buying an ID, since it is very difficult for admins and volunteers to resolve scams dealing with other payment companies (Paypal, WU, etc). If you were to be scammed when buying an ID, it's easier for the xats to be refunded to your account.

• Advanced Members

I do see your point Tanner. But most ID sellers like me are selling them for xats. Not for real world currency.

If a user thinks they can't trust me enough or other ID sellers, then they can always take screenshots of our conversations. Not to mention that they can video the conversations involving any transactions as well. This can be quite a safety measure.

• Advanced Members

I don't think it'd serve a real, unique purpose. Not to mention, as Tanner stated, it would be difficult to find reliable and trustworthy long-term sellers.

Resellers sell xats (usually) to people in countries who cannot buy xats. Why would there be a real need for ID resellers, besides for your own benefit or getting your name on a wiki article? 

What would xat gain from this, when they already have the auction system?

Lastly, if you feel the need to put your name out there, there is always the ID section of the forums, as well as the chats Loja and Swap.

• Advanced Members

Re-sellers were originally put in place for countries that have limited payment options.

It's not a bad idea in theory, but I can see a few problems arising from this suggestion. Favoritism is the first to come to mind, whether it's favoritism of who gets on the list or users claiming favoritism if they aren't on the list.

Another thing would be: Say there is a user that not everyone has heard of but has a strong history with selling IDs- does that make them less qualified than someone like Ares? Speaking of which, there's no concrete way to decipher who should/shouldn't be on the list.

It would be beneficial to have a different way of selling/buying IDs, of course for scamming reasons, but I don't think this would be the absolute best way to go about it.

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, Macho said:

I do see your point Tanner. But most ID sellers like me are selling them for xats. Not for real world currency.

If a user thinks they can't trust me enough or other ID sellers, then they can always take screenshots of our conversations. Not to mention that they can video the conversations involving any transactions as well. This can be quite a safety measure.

How come I've never heard of you then?

• Advanced Members
2 hours ago, Angelo said:

I don't think it'd serve a real, unique purpose. Not to mention, as Tanner stated, it would be difficult to find reliable and trustworthy long-term sellers.

Resellers sell xats (usually) to people in countries who cannot buy xats. Why would there be a real need for ID resellers, besides for your own benefit or getting your name on a wiki article? 

What would xat gain from this, when they already have the auction system?

Lastly, if you feel the need to put your name out there, there is always the ID section of the forums, as well as the chats Loja and Swap.

Like I said it's to show users who they can trust by xat.

It's really not that hard to find trust-worthy ID sellers.

If you don't trust the ID seller then don't put his/her name on the wiki article!