This Reputation Thing Makes No Sense

Jonathan1990

• Members

I was just looking at some of the posts I made here last year when I saw a xat friend I used to have on the site brought an old thread up along with this other user I also knew still wondering why I have negative reputation. I don't really understand what it's all about although I think I know why this is. The first post I made on this new forum was to disagree with a certain power which of course xat decided to release.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

Hi Jonathan,

Sorry you don't have the best reputation right now, but the reason it's implemented is to see how well and informative other users are. Unfortunately for you, your post about the power was made when disliking was still possible, hence your negative reputation. At the moment, we only have the ability to like posts. So if a user disagrees with a certain post, they'll just ignore it.

Hopefully you'll see why it's needed when you get a better reputation.

• Advanced Members

Don't worry about this we all make mistakes. If your posts get disliked you should go back and proof read your post.

This way in the future you'll be able to improve your posts on a thread. Getting dislikes means you have to improve yourself.

• Members
4 hours ago, Macho said:

Don't worry about this we all make mistakes. If your posts get disliked you should go back and proof read your post.

This way in the future you'll be able to improve your posts on a thread. Getting dislikes means you have to improve yourself.

Yes I don't like to mention what power it was though.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Advanced Members

It is my personal belief is not for the "like" button to be a reputation system per se, but for users to show their support of other user's posts. While it appears as a normal reputation feature under your username when you post, I don't think it is intended to be looked at like that. The only way for a reputation system to function properly is for there to be a negative reputation option as well, and currently there is only a "like" button. I think you're looking at it the wrong way. Besides, it isn't like "reputation" matters much anyways, at least to most people.