Adding forum to xat app

Kyle

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, Harrison said:

Good idea. IPS comes with a mobile view already so all admin needs to do is add a hyperlink to http://forum.xat.com.

It should be an in-app feature though, so the forum would open within the app, not sure if hyperlink does that xd. But i suppose the admins would know more about the implementation. :)

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Cant you already visit the forum from mobile and other devices without using the app however i do like the idea i already use my phone too much as it is. it would make answering and creating forum on the go easier. and yes the forum does have a mobile version for devices.

i am not always home so this can be handy.. But as I said before you can use browser to go mobile and you still need internet no matter if your using browser or app. 

just needs to be free maybe either a app on its own just for forum or part of the xat app like another tab or link?

• Advanced Members
5 minutes ago, ANGY said:

Yes, I usually do not use the application because I see it with a very complex interface and something antiquated for acuteness (Android), should improve that too

Very complex ?????? @____@

• Members

The idea, would be very useful for all the staff and users who belong to this forum isvery good.

It is more practical when it comes to work and without leaving the Forum and personal occupations.

However many you didn't, but it is a good choice.

Best regards.

• Advanced Members

A couple points I didn't bring up:

• If you're on Trade and close the xat app to open a mobile browser (to use the forum), you'll get signed out and sent to a random pool when you open the app again.

• Using the steps mentioned in the first post: you're able to hear the post notifications, which is something I would like to have.

9 hours ago, ChattChitto said:

just needs to be free maybe either a app on its own just for forum or part of the xat app like another tab or link?

They wouldn't bother making an app for only the forum since the mobile version is already great.

My suggestion was adding a "Forum" button under "More" for conveniency. It's essentially the mobile version of the forum, just implemented onto the xat app (if it were to happen).

In the mean time (on an iPhone, not sure if it works with other phones), you can open up Safari, go to the forum, and you can add it to your home screen. This will make it appear as though the forum is it's own app; which is what I have done recently and it's very convenient.

• Award 1