Key Word/Phrase

Kyle
Message added by LaFleur

This has been implemented with the new Mentions feature in the HTML5 chat. 

More info: https://forum.xat.com/topic/6635-new-html5-feature-notifications/

• Advanced Members

I was thinking of an ability that would allow you to set keywords or phrases where if a user typed them, an audie would play for you. This can be useful in various different ways (and I say it's better than having the normal chat box sounds on (hippo)).

It could get recognized the same way "(bump" does when typed in PC. However instead of playing #lazerfire3 (or whatever the audie is), it will be replaced with whatever audie you set.

I don't think Noaudies should be able to impact this, since you would have to have the chat box sounds on to hear them in that case. If you don't have a key phrase set, then you won't have a problem with the audies. Of course you can turn these off whenever you please.

Examples:

I set "i need help" as a key phrase and set the audie #raspberry along with it. Someone types it in main chat and the audie will play for me so I can assist them quickly.

I set "buying purple" as a key phrase with the audie #sword, particularly for the Trade chat. This can help me know when someone is actually buying the power rather than looking every minute or so.

Figure it's worth the suggestion if it's easy enough to implement. Thoughts?

• Award 3

• Advanced Members

This is interesting, I like this idea to be honest.

The only negative thing, in my opinion, is that there is many things someone could say to get help:

Example: "help", "help me", "question", "I have a question" ect ect...

So we would have to set a lot of kay phrases for this system to work perfectly on a help chat.

For trade, it's not a big deal, you could just set "sell x", "selling x" and "buy x", "buying x".

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

You would adblock an audie you set? (hmm) 

22 minutes ago, Anar said:

The only negative thing, in my opinion, is that there is many things someone could say to get help:

Example: "help", "help me", "question", "I have a question" ect ect...

It could be a bit of a problem trying to perfect it at first, but at the moment we have nothing (if you don't have chat sounds on which, I want to say 90% don't). It can get worked with and I think the overall outcome would be good.

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, Elie said:

All hail AdBlock.

52 minutes ago, Kyle said:

You would adblock an audie you set? (hmm) 

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

I was thinking of an ability that would allow you to set keywords or phrases where if a user typed them, an audie would play for you.

Oops. My bad.