xat Facebook Page

Mihay

• Advanced Members

1 hour ago, Steven said:

We were considering helping users on the messenger, but only a few volunteers have access at the moment (by choice). We'd rather make it known that the ticket system should be the only way to get official support (otherwise we're just going to experience even worse delays).

With that being said, I do think we will probably be able to respond to messages and direct people to the right place (usually the ticket system).

Hopefully the volunteers (who own the Facebook page) already know this, but please help users professionally on Facebook, and feel free to look at other companies social media support as examples. Don't just link to the ticket system and be done with it, treat it like the general forums and answer their question in full detail. If a user is given a proper response, they will most likely come to xat or use their services more. Trust me, I've worked in customer support.

That aside, I wish you all luck.

10 minutes ago, LaFleur said:

I don't get it. How do people from xat know who you are at facebook?

If they know your real name, or at least part of it. And that's something most people don't keep secret on xat.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

What happened to the old xat facebook that Spell and Jess and everyone did?

There are over 4000 xat users on facebook, to answer that question.

How do you think I bring back old staff each year ;)

I do think its a great idea to have 1.  Many people scam with facebook methods.

This will help safety of the community, in general.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

1 hour ago, Macho said:

We already have tons of blogs on xat dedicated to the announcements about new powers and such.

But none of them are convenient as fb.. just scrolling through your feed and seeing a new power is so much convenient. but i'm not saying that it should be SOLELY on updates and what not.. i'm sure they'll just make  quick update if there's a new auction ect. 

53 minutes ago, Lemona said:

Although I think this is a great idea to keep users informed, I think there are still things to consider. I personally don't see a huge amount of users with their own xat Facebook like you would see more likely on Twitter meaning most peoples Facebooks are rather personal. Although some people might be open to allow xat into their personal Facebook, I feel that most people won't. Surely there are ways to make your account private and all, but that doesn't mean your cover photo or nam  e isn't.

I gotta disagree with you lemon.. if you don' want your personal fb seen by others then just don't like anything that is posted, you told me yourself you can't see who liked the page so that won't be an issue. i don't really see the issue you're bringing up as a possibility. unless the vols will make a contest where you need to like a post or something, and this is very unlikely. they made this page for users who don't want a twitter and mainly use xat. 

But i really think that the page should be promoted a lot so more users can see that there is an official fb for updates and contests or whatever 

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
9 minutes ago, TinkerDoodle said:

But none of them are convenient as fb.. just scrolling through your feed and seeing a new power is so much convenient. but i'm not saying that it should be SOLELY on updates and what not.. i'm sure they'll just make  quick update if there's a new auction ect. 

I gotta disagree with you lemon.. if you don' want your personal fb seen by others then just don't like anything that is posted, you told me yourself you can't see who liked the page so that won't be an issue. i don't really see the issue you're bringing up as a possibility. unless the vols will make a contest where you need to like a post or something, and this is very unlikely. they made this page for users who don't want a twitter and mainly use xat. 

But i really think that the page should be promoted a lot so more users can see that there is an official fb for updates and contests or whatever 

The thing is how is anybody going to know who's from xat on Facebook when they post to the page?

Unless they already know the persons name which means they know each others name. But still...

• Advanced Members

I understand the concern about using a personal account. Like some people have said, you can't see who likes the page, so unless you interact in some way (comment or react), your name shouldn't become known (unless I'm missing something).

Of course the other option if you want to comment/like is to make a new account for xat.

1 hour ago, Tanner said:

treat it like the general forums and answer their question in full detail. 

By linking to the appropriate page, I meant that replies would be like they are on the forum.

Now I can't guarantee that this will always be the case as I won't always be the one answering (duh) but I'd imagine the others feel similarly.

• Advanced Members
7 hours ago, Lemona said:

Although I think this is a great idea to keep users informed, I think there are still things to consider. I personally don't see a huge amount of users with their own xat Facebook like you would see more likely on Twitter meaning most peoples Facebooks are rather personal. Although some people might be open to allow xat into their personal Facebook, I feel that most people won't. Surely there are ways to make your account private and all, but that doesn't mean your cover photo or name isn't. With the new forum and xat profiles, I really can't see users creating a xat Facebook account just for the sake of following xats Facebook page/commenting on posts. Although you can view the Facebook page without even having an account, what good is it doing if you won't get any post notifications (unless something like autofacebook with FEX gets installed)?

Surely this will be good for current users to read and check but if we are looking at things for the future, I really hope this page gets considered for promoting and advertising around Facebook and Instagram (which might come with a price tag).

FEX already has autofacebook, which i similar to autotwitter, it was added ages ago

• Volunteers
11 hours ago, Admin said:

Feel free to let us have your ideas.

@Admin : What about having a link on the website and chat page like I said on my previous post ? (For twitter, it's news according to chat page) Or just do a dropdown of "News" and put links for twitter and facebook?

Because I don't think, the "facebook" link on the chat will be enough like twitter. The facebook page must be known by everyone even new users and old people. 

But the "news" icon must be redo with the facebook icon. (hmm) 

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
On 1/10/2017 at 5:34 PM, Admin said:

Just to confirm this is the official xat facebook now.

The idea is for it to be the opposite of xat's twitter.

It will have a lot more activity than the twitter.

It will be run by volunteers with help from the community.

It's not carved in stone let's see how it develops.

My Crazy idea is the same  develope the way to put a chat box  on facebook  Group like when u see  a youtube video  ofc using the html. is that possible? Hard job but is it possible?

• Advanced Members
8 minutes ago, ider said:

My Crazy idea is the same  develope the way to put a chat box  on facebook  Group like when u see  a youtube video  ofc using the html. is that possible? Hard job but is it possible?

I don't get it. You want to have a xat chat in facebook?

• Advanced Members
On 1/10/2017 at 5:34 PM, Admin said:

Just to confirm this is the official xat facebook now.

The idea is for it to be the opposite of xat's twitter.

It will have a lot more activity than the twitter.

It will be run by volunteers with help from the community.

It's not carved in stone let's see how it develops.

Facebook should be linked on xat like twitter link.

9aaa5b81e29e4e3197ff3499ff0452e8.png

1 hour ago, LaFleur said:

I don't get it. You want to have a xat chat in facebook?

Yes ofc like u put in any web so that means if you on your facebook group have 100k users there will be many on ur xat too if they haven't download the xat app for mobile they will after they see they can  chat on facebook and on xat at the same time.

• Award 1