xat Facebook Page

Mihay

• Advanced Members
16 minutes ago, SlOom said:

Is it a page managed by admins like for twitter or some random people ?

It would be cool also to add this link somewhere on chat page and the website itself.

And nice one! I love the banner. :$ 

It is ran by a few Volunteers at the moment. Admins obviously will have access, but they will not be overseeing everything that is posted. 

• Award 4

• Members

Personally I like it, the page looks good and seeing as it's been stated the Volunteers run it at the moment that will work well.

I think it'll also help attract more users to xat so in my opinion, you can't really go wrong with it.

Well done I'd say and hopefully enough people see it!

• Advanced Members

Good. I said that 5 years ago. 
Forum now has a new plugin for facebook distribution ''dispensed''. and login with facebook. is very good or, ie, facebook and twitter. Facebook or twitter. 
Single work to be done Admin to add this option is very simple and easy to add.
with secret answer and login xat.com.

Atention> This option is added here in the Forum.

So you can share the right things from here on facebook and twitter.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
9 minutes ago, Admin said:

Just to confirm this is the official xat facebook now.

The idea is for it to be the opposite of xat's twitter.

It will have a lot more activity than the twitter.

It will be run by volunteers with help from the community.

It's not carved in stone let's see how it develops.

Feel free to let us have your ideas.

Exactly. do not forget to add this option here in forum.

1 hour ago, Bau said:

Atention> This option is added here in the Forum.

So you can share the right things from here on facebook and twitter.

Read.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
45 minutes ago, Admin said:

So there won't be any announcements about new powers and such? Or did you mean that there will be a lot more interactive stuff on the fb page unlike twitter. 

Also, will Facebook be automatically link just like when someone says twitter in the chat? Cause that'll be an ez way to inform people about the fb page.

• Advanced Members
48 minutes ago, Admin said:

Just to confirm this is the official xat facebook now.

It will have a lot more activity than the twitter.

It will be run by volunteers with help from the community.

It's not carved in stone let's see how it develops.

Feel free to let us have your ideas.

Make sure to provide support to users who comment or mention the page for help, unlike the Twitter page. 

• Advanced Members
8 minutes ago, Tanner said:

Make sure to provide support to users who comment or mention the page for help, unlike the Twitter page. 

We were considering helping users on the messenger, but only a few volunteers have access at the moment (by choice). We'd rather make it known that the ticket system should be the only way to get official support (otherwise we're just going to experience even worse delays).

With that being said, I do think we will probably be able to respond to messages and direct people to the right place (usually the ticket system).

• Award 1

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, TinkerDoodle said:

Also, will Facebook be automatically link just like when someone says twitter in the chat? Cause that'll be an ez way to inform people about the fb page.

good point, should add that

• Award 4

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, TinkerDoodle said:

So there won't be any announcements about new powers and such? Or did you mean that there will be a lot more interactive stuff on the fb page unlike twitter. 

We already have tons of blogs on xat dedicated to the announcements about new powers and such.

Last thing we need is to be on it on the xat Facebook as well... Just saying.

• Volunteers

Although I think this is a great idea to keep users informed, I think there are still things to consider. I personally don't see a huge amount of users with their own xat Facebook like you would see more likely on Twitter meaning most peoples Facebooks are rather personal. Although some people might be open to allow xat into their personal Facebook, I feel that most people won't. Surely there are ways to make your account private and all, but that doesn't mean your cover photo or name isn't. With the new forum and xat profiles, I really can't see users creating a xat Facebook account just for the sake of following xats Facebook page/commenting on posts. Although you can view the Facebook page without even having an account, what good is it doing if you won't get any post notifications (unless something like autofacebook with FEX gets installed)?

Surely this will be good for current users to read and check but if we are looking at things for the future, I really hope this page gets considered for promoting and advertising around Facebook and Instagram (which might come with a price tag).

• Advanced Members
18 minutes ago, Lemona said:

Although I think this is a great idea to keep users informed, I think there are still things to consider. I personally don't see a huge amount of users with their own xat Facebook like you would see more likely on Twitter meaning most peoples Facebooks are rather personal. Although some people might be open to allow xat into their personal Facebook, I feel that most people won't. Surely there are ways to make your account private and all, but that doesn't mean your cover photo or name isn't. With the new forum and xat profiles, I really can't see users creating a xat Facebook account just for the sake of following xats Facebook page/commenting on posts. Although you can view the Facebook page without even having an account, what good is it doing if you won't get any post notifications (unless something like autofacebook with FEX gets installed)?

Surely this will be good for current users to read and check but if we are looking at things for the future, I really hope this page gets considered for promoting and advertising around Facebook and Instagram (which might come with a price tag).

I don't really see the issue of using his personal Facebook account.

Can you explain?

• Advanced Members
20 minutes ago, Lemona said:

I don't get it. How do people from xat know who you are at facebook?