Add a 'Bugs/Issues' forum section

LaFleur

• Volunteers

I completely agree with you and I think that this will really make the bugs/issue more noticeable for when there needs to be a fix. This will also keep the suggestions forum mainly for powers/feature suggestions. On a side note, maybe this can just be a sub-forum within the Suggestions forum (suggest a fix)?

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

What good?
I do not see anything good here
something that has to take much time, and people do not have time to do it all.
from hand in hand circulate information, I think it is not necessary.
Maybe like, if I see more examples I can give my opinion exactly.

Simple is always better.

xat mobile bug´s ---  Reporting bugs Mobile.
General support  -------- Everything related xat.com can say here. ´´all language´´ spanish, portugues,Romeno,Inglish. Global. XP
you can reporting bugs here from xat.com.

I respect your idea, but I think it is not necessary.:$

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
48 minutes ago, Bau said:

What good?

Simple is always better.

General support  -------- Everything related xat.com can say here. ´´all language´´ spanish, portugues,Romeno,Inglish. Global. XP

i 100% disagree with you. a bug/issue section would benefit xat 10 fold
general support is not for coding bugs in a client and stuff of that nature.

• Advanced Members
2 minutes ago, Techy said:

i 100% disagree with you. a bug/issue section would benefit xat 10 fold
general support is not for coding bugs in a client and stuff of that nature.

Believe what you want, but it is reality.

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, Finna said:

I believe that's what we have contributors for.

Nope. They can if they know how, but that's not its purpose. I would rather have new power testing changed to this suggestion.

• Advanced Members
14 hours ago, Bau said:

What good?

Simple is always better.

What does take too much time? Reporting an issue and confirming an issue is a few mins of work. Fixing things are up to the admins, but as you can see from "New power testing", things are working more efficient. People contribute, share solutions, admins have a better overview, etc.

As you say, "Simple is always better". This will make things simple. :)

xat mobile is related to mobile, relevance??

General support is meant to help people with their (personal) problems on xat, its definitely not meant to report bugs about the site and chat.

9 hours ago, Elie said:

Nope. They can if they know how, but that's not its purpose. I would rather have new power testing changed to this suggestion.

I think its better to distinguish that. I think @Lemona's suggestion to make it as sub-forum is much better, since there is also no need to "highlight" bugs so much.

• Advanced Members

This is a great idea but it would need admins backing. There would also need to be an understanding on how important the bug is, there are bugs on xat that have been around for years and haven't been fixed, so I can see people reporting bugs that mean something to them, the community supporting the fix, then it never being done (i.e the gamebans, when gamebans were a big things a few years back, there are still so many bugs with them which were bought to the attention 349082340982 times but nothing was ever done), but if there can be a committed team to fixing these  bugs, it would be a great idea.

• Award 1

• Volunteers

The idea is good.

But if it comes to be added, @Admin have to approved & watched every reported bugs/issues by users and tell them when it's fixed or when it will be fixed otherwise the category will be useless even though the "ToDoList" made by LaFleur has not made a great success compared to the admins view.

So, I don't know. It's up to admins after if they want a category or "sub-forum" for that or just continue to report on the general forum/suggestion/todolist.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Advanced Members

So, any chance this is getting made? I am pretty confident this would be a great step to improve xat, if its not getting neglected.

Getting back to @Ryans point: It could have labels like its on github, priority:low ; p:normal ; p:high ; p:urgent, which could be set by the moderators or QAT. I suppose the forum plugin would be able to do something like that @Brandon?

• Award 1