New Guideline rule

Anar

• Volunteers

Although it is annoying to scroll down to it, I don't think it would really be that fair. It's not really someone's fault if someone made a massive post they wish to reply to (especially if they were a beginner on the forum). It would still be a long post if someone replied to each separate part of that massive post in one post. It would be a different story if someone quoted a massive post more than once (which could really fall under the spamming rule). 

• Advanced Members

Just ask ipboard to make a quote expand/collapse function.

E.g. if the quote is longer than 6 lines, the rest of the quote will need to be "expanded" and can also be collapsed again. If less than 6 lines, it will just look normal without any exp/col function.

Best solution, otherwise adding a rule is a no-go!

• Advanced Members
42 minutes ago, Arthur said:

The only scenario where I think this should not be allowed is when the post has no substance e.g.  quoting a huge post and saying "I agree".

Case in point.. http://i.imgur.com/fdE2GEx.png

I think guideline 18 can be added. Should the punishment be a full warning point? No. Maybe a written warning first. 

• Volunteers

"Unless you have something useful to add, do not respond to content that has been inactive for 90 days or more."

I'd consider relaxing this rule a little as well. We've used up most of our best topics in the General Discussion and Suggestions threads this year, so unless we allow people to revive old topics, our best topics are essentially dead forever.

I've seen people have their posts deleted for reviving old topics before. Or was that just because the messages were trivial, trying to boost their post counts?

• Advanced Members

Whatever is done, the rule should be straightforward and easy to understand. Don't make it too complicated.

For me, I'd say as long as you reply with a constructive post (responding directly about the quote), it's fine to quote a long post.

This is if you're leaning towards having this rule come into play.

Otherwise, I don't think it's a big deal, and volunteers should use their discretion when it comes to this.