Account Held after inactivity

Sulfo

Question

• Members

Well, after being inactive for a while, I came back to my account being held.. I'm not sure why.. I have opened a ticket, but would like an explanation as to why my account was held... I was inactive for about 1-2 years I believe and I still have xats, and powers on my account.

Thanks,

Sulfo

7 answers to this question

• Advanced Members

It seems as if a large majority of users who took a long hiatus from xat (in your case, 1-2 years), become held indefinitely, receiving system problem 55 when they attempt to trade.. buy xats, etc. Additionally, if someone were to try to transfer to you, they would receive system problem 26.

As to why this happened, I can only guess that it's due to the November 2015 incident. Perhaps users who took a long break and did not have much login activity were held, so that anyone who was trying to break into your account was unable to take anything of value.

Keep in mind this is purely conjecture, as I do not really know for a fact. Your guess is as good as mine!

Hopefully you've created your ticket in the Account Block department. I'm sure after the volunteers have done all necessary precautions to remove the hold from your account, they could shed a bit of light onto why you're held. 

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. 

• Members

Hello,

Thanks for the quick reply.. Unfortunately I have not created the ticket under the Account Block department.. I would like a volunteer to move the ticket if possible... My account is OasisSulfur (288928669) 

Thank you,

Sulfo