BFF Cross / Marriage Heart coloration

Angelo

• Advanced Members

I had a simple idea come to me just now. What if we were able to color our BFF cross / Marriage heart, provided that both subhide and reghide were turned off? I'm not entirely sure if a new power would be needed, but perhaps an enhancement to the already existed (hat) power.

While some might regard this as a relatively useless update, I think it would offer a small degree of customization that some users would appreciate.

I don't know how many of you know me, but you can usually see me using a dark red namecolor combination, that really really does not go well with the default red color that comes with the BFF cross. 

I can hear you now: "Angelo, shut up, and just turn subhide on and settle for the black cross/heart. This is a lame idea." My refutation to this follows: No. I want to color it. 

Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions? 

• Award 3

• Advanced Members

Some people may disagree but I like the idea. It's not exactly necessary but it adds a little more customization options. It could be used inside of one's (hat) code or it could be set as a macro, like status.

I think something like "rcolor" would make sense - the r standing for relationship.

• Advanced Members
6 hours ago, Kyle said:

I think something like "rcolor" would make sense - the r standing for relationship.

That seems to me a good idea, I think it is not totally unreasonable to want a little more personalization in your pawn.

However I think that most users use the power "reghide" and therefore I think it will be difficult to take this suggestion into account.
To my delight I hope they do, very good idea @Angelo, GL.dvPZnV4.gif

• Volunteers

It's not a bad idea. I feel like more people would turn subhide and reghide off and finally showcase the cross/heart (man.. all them times hovering over people's pawn to see if they're bffed/married!) This kind of reminds me of Zuke's suggestion to colour the homepage button. I don't see much wrong with a little more customization around xat (ahem.. maybe my pawn can finally have a little yellow!) :$ Nice suggestion!