Customer service and Services xat provides need to be improved.

CuddlePookRay

• Advanced Members
26 minutes ago, LaFleur said:

Point 1 is the best solution in my opinion, since the other points were kinda tried in the past i presume cautiously. You should really give it a try @Admin. To go into detail: 6€/h might be a good payment, 4 hours of work per day maybe and at least 25 (or another number) tickets per hour, ask the experienced vols who would have time to do that. 

6 Euros an hour (lol) doesn't make your other job / college work disappear. 

• Advanced Members
7 minutes ago, Daniel said:

6 Euros an hour (which... is actually quite a bit under minimum wage)  doesn't make your other job / school work disappear. 

Thats where the "ask .. who would have time for that" comes into. Or maybe make it from friday - sunday only.

• Advanced Members
6 minutes ago, LaFleur said:

Thats where the "ask .. who would have time for that" comes into. Or maybe make it from friday - sunday only.

Looks like we have came full circle, then. The people who are experienced enough don't have enough time to keep the reply times low. 

• Advanced Members
13 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Looks like we have came full circle, then. The people who are experienced enough don't have enough time to keep the reply times low. 

Or maybe they just can't be arsed enough to care of 50+ tickets per day? Paying someone and setting a goal can change things you know. 

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, TinkerDoodle said:

There are a few vols who actually recognize this issue with the current customer support and they seem like up they're for change, but did they actually talk to the admins about it? Did they explain that making more vols wasnt good enough?

The admins aren't clueless, they know there are issues. As I said earlier, some of these issues have already been resolved and I have faith that there are plans being executed (slowly, maybe, but a slow approach is necessary) to resolve delays in other departments as well. I personally believe we are stuck in an unfortunate period of time in which, like Stah said, the people who are experienced enough to reply to these departments are quite busy, and the people who aren't as busy are not as experienced. The only way to get out of that period is to give other people the time they need to become more experienced. There really aren't any other ways that I can think of (without paying someone).

I'm not going to address the other replies because quite frankly, they have nothing to do with this thread or the point I was making earlier, and if we keep making emotionally charged posts that stray off-topic, the thread is just going to get locked (and that doesn't do anybody any good).

• Award 1

• Members
On 12/26/2016 at 7:37 PM, Maverick said:

This shouldn't be a thread honestly. I know I've tried helping you, but making a thread about it is just isn't needed.

I will leave it open for a bit more and to see where it goes. If it gets out of control, then there will be consequences.

Xat's customer service needs improving and paid users deserve friendly, professional and prompt support. The comment above from a "volunteer" is a great example of why users are wanting better customer service on top of the ticket delays. A paying customer to Xat expressing concerns shouldn't be met with a humiliating comment from a Volunteer of Xat basically telling him that his thread shouldn't have been created in the first place. As others have stated volunteers should care about the users. I think a lot of the problems with delayed tickets could be solved with a paid professional handling the support at least for the paid users of Xat. With a professional support system users would feel comfortable to spend more money and time on Xat as well knowing they could get help when they need it. 

• Award 2

• Members
16 minutes ago, Trey said:

Xat's customer service needs improving and paid users deserve friendly, professional and prompt support. The comment above from a "volunteer" is a great example of why users are wanting better customer service on top of the ticket delays. A paying customer to Xat expressing concerns shouldn't be met with a humiliating comment from a Volunteer of Xat basically telling him that his thread shouldn't have been created in the first place. As others have stated volunteers should care about the users. I think a lot of the problems with delayed tickets could be solved with a paid professional handling the support at least for the paid users of Xat. With a professional support system users would feel comfortable to spend more money and time on Xat as well knowing they could get help when they need it. 

Exactly. Thanks for heads up.

Thanks for the replys guys.. 21 days so far and no reply! Still COUNTING!

• Advanced Members

I understand the concerns expressed throughout this topic, and I sympathize with users with regard to the strong dissatisfaction with ticket delays. It is not ok to have to wait longer than three or four days for a reply in any department.

From a volunteer's perspective, you should know that many of us really do care about this issue and we do not like the current situation we're in. I can say that for myself, the journey to becoming a volunteer and being a new volunteer at first is really nice, but after a while it can start to seem like just another regular job. I stick around because xat has been a big part of my life for many years. I care about the success of this website, despite its many faults, and I care about the users on here, as cheesy as all this may sound. Sometimes I get tired of it all, and sometimes I just need to take a break. It has its ups and downs, but to this day I try to be as active as I can. There are a lot of other volunteers in this position, and their reasons for sticking around are probably the same as mine. For the rest of the volunteers, they simply become inactive and disinterested.

The first step in resolving this problem is recognizing that the problem exists. I'm sorry for any user who feels they've been met with hostility, because that's not how it should work.

Steven has covered why it's not easy to just add more volunteers. I feel as though we've had big delays since November of last year when the data breach happened. Key volunteers left, and ever since then we've slowly been trying to correct delays. Some relatively new volunteers become so inactive that they are not eligible to be moved to other departments, which sets back plans to get back on track. This isn't exactly their problem though, because that's the nature of volunteer work. In this way, it's not our job to fix the issue, and the responsibility falls on the administrators.

14 hours ago, SJBB said:

It makes me wonder actually when do admins actually reply to tickets, I know volunteers are there to answer tickets in general and when it's an admin issue they forward the ticket to xAdmin. Do admins sometimes help in general departments as well to help bring the delay down or do they mostly just answer tickets in the xAdmin department?

They only respond to tickets in xAdmin and respond directly to users when more information about an issue is needed. Behind the scenes, a lot of tickets are sent to xAdmin on a weekly basis, and they usually give answers via internal notes so that volunteers know how to deal with whatever the situation is. Response times in that department are usually reasonable.

• Award 4

• Bot Service Providers
On 26/12/2016 at 9:37 PM, Maverick said:

This shouldn't be a thread honestly. I know I've tried helping you, but making a thread about it is just isn't needed.

I will leave it open for a bit more and to see where it goes. If it gets out of control, then there will be consequences.

Now where do I start on this thread. 

Your complaining about waiting 17 days? There's users who are more patient than you and they've been waiting for a while to get an answer. Eventually they do, they all do.

I do believe that's an unreasonable amount of time to wait, but each volunteer are different from each other and that includes each departments and on how we answer. 

With that being said, you should understand why I said making a thread on this is wrong. 

Now this would follow to your questions; More volunteers, train new volunteers and more.

Read what I say here:

Rarr, you said the ticket system should be improved, in what way? More volunteers? Is that your solution? Or training new volunteers to learn other departments? Which is it? You do realize learning new departments itself takes time and then there's training. Training a new volunteer or another volunteer (old volunteer) to learn other departments is taking time up itself to just training that individual is time consuming, then the complaints come in - "Tickets are slow."

Now moving back to you (CuddlePookRay), understand what I say carefully. Tickets are answered in the queued that it was received in, but all of us (volunteers) answer tickets freely. That means is, we answer tickets when we want and whenever we want.

There's one more thing I need to mention, volunteers aren't making this their real time job. Some of us have school and work or maybe both to focus on, but we do try to get to every ticket quickly as possible and try to help everyone individually. 

You're also not the only user on xat with a ticket opened that's been waiting for a while.

Try to process that. 

Big companies like xat ( + \ - ), they have a lot of users trusted to reply ticket... eg of this is hosting providers, they have a lot of clients, and maybe 40 - 60 users to reply tickets, 1 - 3 admins and the tickets is replied in 10min - 12 hours(MAX / RARE). I don't think this is "volunteer fault" but the admin can change this... like you said just need to search more trusted users, teach etc... and yes if needed the volunteers can run other departaments, i think this isn't a problem. I worked with tickets some years ago and I know this is not easy, but is not hard just need changes and will help all.

Nb: xat have just 10 - 15 ticket volunteers and just some of they work...

Nb²: I don't know but I think xat search log of the user etc before do something like held, torch, unblock etc... so if the admin update this for the volunteers manage better also will help they.

Nb³: A lot of people ask on help chats "why my ticket is delayed? no one want to reply? bla bla bla..." yeah and this will cause frustation, so the best method is very simple just need that the admin work on this...

About something that a user talked "admin is working on mobile", so tell me MOBILE is more important than XAT USERS? how will work mobile if xat users is having problems? how they will buy powers / xats if have held for a lot of days or maybe lost auth etc..? block is just 5 - 7 days, ticket delay is 5 - 7 months(NOT JOKING...) Think it better...

But as we know this is just a dream (or nightmare) because nothing will be done.

• Advanced Members
10 hours ago, Lamingtons said:

Big companies like xat ( + \ - ), they have a lot of users trusted to reply ticket... eg of this is hosting providers, they have a lot of clients, and maybe 40 - 60 users to reply tickets, 1 - 3 admins and the tickets is replied in 10min - 12 hours(MAX / RARE). I don't think this is "volunteer fault" but the admin can change this... like you said just need to search more trusted users, teach etc..

Most of the "most trusted" users who are not volunteers are contributors and information shared there still gets leaked. It's something I can't stand but I've learned there isn't much we can do about it. But if those people can't even keep contributor information to themselves, there's certainly no way they should be trusted with tickets. So if we had 40-60 users who we trusted enough, then I would agree with you. But we just simply don't. 

• Award 1

• Bot Service Providers
3 minutes ago, Steven said:

Most of the "most trusted" users who are not volunteers are contributors and information shared there still gets leaked. It's something I can't stand but I've learned there isn't much we can do about it. But if those people can't even keep contributor information to themselves, there's certainly no way they should be trusted with tickets. So if we had 40-60 users who we trusted enough, then I would agree with you. But we just simply don't. 

Correct, but "contributors" will not reply tickets, will can't help with lost auth, account hold etc.

• Advanced Members
2 minutes ago, Lamingtons said:

Correct, but "contributors" will not reply tickets, will can't help with lost auth, account hold etc.

But your suggestion is that we add many more volunteers. I'm saying that the people who would logically become volunteers, the contributors, aren't necessarily all trusted enough to handle tickets. 

• Award 1

• Bot Service Providers
5 minutes ago, Steven said:

But your suggestion is that we add many more volunteers. I'm saying that the people who would logically become volunteers, the contributors, aren't necessarily all trusted enough to handle tickets. 

Yes this is the point

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
9 hours ago, Steven said:

In contributors defence (not that I personally do or care enough to share it with others and I have no feiends) the information posted is of low value and in most cases is allowed to be shared.

If a contributor was to be made a volunteer, I'm sure they would know that under no circumstances would they be allowed to share information, and the information they would then have would not be applicable/relatable to their friends or even worth sharing. 

I also doubt everything said between volunteers stays that way, either. 

• Award 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • Advanced Members
3 hours ago, TinkerDoodle said:

Just be patient, your ticket isn't the only ticket the volunteers have to answer. 

- every help staff 

What else do you suppose they answer? I agree that ticket times are ridiculous at the moment. But it's not like the moment someone says, "I've been waiting 21 days for a reply" a volunteer pops out, disregarding the people waiting longer, and answers it.