Customer service and Services xat provides need to be improved.

CuddlePookRay

• Advanced Members
12 hours ago, TinkerDoodle said:

But the thing is, can the admins even afford that? The xat user base in dying, so less people buying days and powers which means no revenue. When xat was actually popular this could've been a possibility but how xat is right now, I can't see this happening. 

Doesn't need to be a high wage though and it'd be just temporarily until things are running optimal. The goal should be: Every ticket must be answered during a week, which should be possible with someone experienced who works tickets off daily for x hours.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
13 hours ago, TinkerDoodle said:

But the thing is, can the admins even afford that? The xat user base in dying, so less people buying days and powers which means no revenue. When xat was actually popular this could've been a possibility but how xat is right now, I can't see this happening. 

Maybe some users left cause of this situation :d.

Question is: Will they continue their support system like this, or will they finally wake up? (if it's not too late).

• Award 3

• Advanced Members

The admins outsource their dirty work to a group of unpaid teenagers who are responsible for cleaning up the mess of an ungrateful community that mostly doesn't even speak the same language as them. 

But if we all keep mumbling something about "waiting for mobile", I'm sure everything will turn out okay. Right?

• Award 4

• Members
On ٢٧‏/١٢‏/٢٠١٦ at 2:33 AM, Nick said:

This is the harsh reality of an unpaid customer support team. I understand your frustration, but I do not see any changes being made soon as there are always users willing to step in and take on the responsibility. Little do they know what they are getting into.

Right. Hopefully some changes will be made.

On ٢٧‏/١٢‏/٢٠١٦ at 2:37 AM, Maverick said:

This shouldn't be a thread honestly. I know I've tried helping you, but making a thread about it is just isn't needed.

I will leave it open for a bit more and to see where it goes. If it gets out of control, then there will be consequences.

Now where do I start on this thread. 

Your complaining about waiting 17 days? There's users who are more patient than you and they've been waiting for a while to get an answer. Eventually they do, they all do.

I do believe that's an unreasonable amount of time to wait, but each volunteer are different from each other and that includes each departments and on how we answer. 

With that being said, you should understand why I said making a thread on this is wrong. 

Now this would follow to your questions; More volunteers, train new volunteers and more.

Read what I say here:

Rarr, you said the ticket system should be improved, in what way? More volunteers? Is that your solution? Or training new volunteers to learn other departments? Which is it? You do realize learning new departments itself takes time and then there's training. Training a new volunteer or another volunteer (old volunteer) to learn other departments is taking time up itself to just training that individual is time consuming, then the complaints come in - "Tickets are slow."

Now moving back to you (CuddlePookRay), understand what I say carefully. Tickets are answered in the queued that it was received in, but all of us (volunteers) answer tickets freely. That means is, we answer tickets when we want and whenever we want.

There's one more thing I need to mention, volunteers aren't making this their real time job. Some of us have school and work or maybe both to focus on, but we do try to get to every ticket quickly as possible and try to help everyone individually. 

You're also not the only user on xat with a ticket opened that's been waiting for a while.

Try to process that. 

Well maverick, I do understand that you tried to help me and i really appericate it big time and you know that very well. but 20 days so far and no response. That's one and i really know that volunteers are not making it their real time job, but why not? my whole idea was pay volunteers to do their job in xats. a couple hours a day should make them a decent amount of money. That's what i was trying to say, and i do understand the whole queue thing but i just think 20 days so far is not fair at all. But thanks for the response.

• Members
On ٢٧‏/١٢‏/٢٠١٦ at 2:23 AM, Finna said:

This guy is gonna keep complaining about the ticket system over and over again. No bother replying to him. Can a forum moderator close this thread please? I'm sure there are other threads that need more replies other than this one.

This girl* First. And i have every right to complain about the ticket system. I paid for the services and i think i deserve a good one. So please you are not a moderator nor a volunteer. So stop asking people to ignore or not responding. That would be nice. Thanks for the positive vibs!

On ٢٧‏/١٢‏/٢٠١٦ at 3:27 AM, LaFleur said:

Honestly, considering how much trouble and discussion this ticket waiting causes and caused over the years, hiring someone (temporarily) might be not a bad idea in my opinion. It could/should be one of the volunteers, the one that has the most time and has knowledge for all departments and then this person has to reach a x amount of tickets per week in order to make a significant change and receive money.

Once any kind of delays have been overcome, the payment could stop and the ticket response time would become shorter in general, theoretically. 

THAT NOW IS SOOO CREATIVE! YOU SHOULD EMAIL THE OWNER.

11 hours ago, Jedi said:

Maybe some users left cause of this situation :d.

Question is: Will they continue their support system like this, or will they finally wake up? (if it's not too late).

Exactly, I'm pretty sure that alot of people have left because of it. I was about to leave myself because i was too frustrated.. And it is never too late to make changes. Respects to you.

• Advanced Members
On 12/26/2016 at 7:37 PM, Maverick said:

Some of us have school and work or maybe both to focus on.

Hopefully not retail. T.T I do, and apparently New Year's Day counts as a holiday. Thought Hell was over after Christmas.

• Award 2

• Members
1 minute ago, Elie said:

Hopefully not retail. T.T I do, and apparently New Year's Day counts as a holiday. Thought Hell was over after Christmas.

Hey, What do you think of what is going on Elie? You were a volunteer that was going to help me actualy but sadly you didn't have access to it.. But anyway i really wanna know your opinion.

• Contributors
2 hours ago, CuddlePookRay said:

Right. Hopefully some changes will be made.

Well maverick, I do understand that you tried to help me and i really appericate it big time and you know that very well. but 20 days so far and no response. That's one and i really know that volunteers are not making it their real time job, but why not? my whole idea was pay volunteers to do their job in xats. a couple hours a day should make them a decent amount of money. That's what i was trying to say, and i do understand the whole queue thing but i just think 20 days so far is not fair at all. But thanks for the response.

Yes, some volunteers would like to be paid for their time spent helping, but that's where the title and the word volunteer comes into play. 

Volunteer; a person who freely offers to take part in an enterprise or undertake a task. 

However, volunteers get paid in test powers. (If you want to consider that a payment of some sort). They get test powers because of the amount of tickets we answer and the dedication. 

There's also a huge difference between new volunteers and long term volunteers.

New volunteers aren't given all departments at once because of how sensitive the information prolongs the way. You have to earn that part in as a volunteer, and not many of us (volunteers) are there yet. Due to how sensitive the information gets now, it requires us (volunteers) to be dedicated and earn that. Although some users think it's easy to answer tickets and whatnot - It's not! 

Due to how sensitive the information gets, long term volunteers aren't always given that position. This is where the xat Admins come into play to decide such roles! NO volunteers get to decide that.

This leads to why there's a gap between long term volunteers and new volunteers. 

This also somewhat leads to some departments backing "backed up". 

On 12/26/2016 at 8:49 PM, Mencee said:

Volunteers shouldn't take offense to this, it is very frustrating for us users too. Threads like these are created because we are frustrated for having to wait so long, but volunteers are frustrated b/c tickets get backed up and users are being impatient. Not much can be done. 

Read above. 

Also, not offended by this. (If you're wondering)

On 12/26/2016 at 8:27 PM, LaFleur said:

Honestly, considering how much trouble and discussion this ticket waiting causes and caused over the years, hiring someone (temporarily) might be not a bad idea in my opinion. It could/should be one of the volunteers, the one that has the most time and has knowledge for all departments and then this person has to reach a x amount of tickets per week in order to make a significant change and receive money.

Once any kind of delays have been overcome, the payment could stop and the ticket response time would become shorter in general, theoretically. 

Hiring someone temporarily as a volunteer still exposes tickets, and some do share their information. 

For my opinion, hiring someone for doing tickets temporarily isn't something I would do at all. 

Now think about this, if I hired Bob for a week to do some tickets and he did the required amount, he would do it because he's getting paid. Bob gets paid, and he likes being paid, but we decided we don't need him anymore because tickets are cleared out, how would Bob react? Bob gets mad and leaks the info of users. Now what happens then? (Somewhat of how the situation would go down in most cases)

See my point on temporarily hired volunteers? 

1 hour ago, r4rr said:

Rarr, you said the ticket system should be improved, in what way? More volunteers? Is that your solution? Or training new volunteers to learn other departments? Which is it? You do realize learning new departments itself takes time and then there's training. Training a new volunteer or another volunteer (old volunteer) to learn other departments is taking time up itself to just training that individual is time consuming, then the complaints come in - "Tickets are slow."

Yes. They can be improved by a little extra effort put in by each volunteer. I realise everything you have said.

Why would taking an old volunteer back cost time if they have already experienced it before and know what they are doing? That's what I don't understand. Yes training a volunteer would take time but would be worth it since only one person would having to "train" the new volunteer. It wouldn't take much time since it's one department.

Putting in an extra amount of effort isn't too bad, but you still have to remember there's some who have school, work or both. (Previously mentioned).

It's about time and effort and dedication for both parties. I've also explained above to who decides that. If it was up to volunteers, then there wouldn't be a thread like this at all. 

It's also not about one department. It's about knowing that department and the other departments carefully and how you understand the concept of how it works. 

This should conclude or raise some questions now. 

• Award 4

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, CuddlePookRay said:

Hey, What do you think of what is going on Elie? You were a volunteer that was going to help me actualy but sadly you didn't have access to it.. But anyway i really wanna know your opinion.

Both users and volunteers are at fault. A lot of users want us to babysit and some volunteers don't cooperate well and make it a pain in the ass just so they meet the quota for a test power.

• Advanced Members
5 hours ago, Maverick said:

Hiring someone temporarily as a volunteer still exposes tickets, and some do share their information. 

For my opinion, hiring someone for doing tickets temporarily isn't something I would do at all. 

Now think about this, if I hired Bob for a week to do some tickets and he did the required amount, he would do it because he's getting paid. Bob gets paid, and he likes being paid, but we decided we don't need him anymore because tickets are cleared out, how would Bob react? Bob gets mad and leaks the info of users. Now what happens then? (Somewhat of how the situation would go down in most cases)

That's not a good example. When you are hired in a company, you have to sign documents about privacy etc. If you do leak information, you can be prosecuted.

As TinkerDoodle said, can they afford to pay someone to do tickets?

I'm sure they can, there are still users who pay from buy page, blackfriday's offers were really good. I bought 100€ of xats. And i'm not the only one.

They just don't want to hire someone. And I'm sure some users quit cause of the "long reply" support.

Mobile won't save anything, it's just something to keep current users.

If in 2017, nothing change, they will continue to lose users. And it will be the end.

That's a bad thing for me and few of us, we make money from it.

• Award 4

• Advanced Members

Why not give the opportunity for some people to become volunteers ?

I think this will solve the problem of delays in a reply

And also solve the problem that there are a lot of current volunteers are not opening

this is my personal opinion . @Admin

• Volunteers

Many of you stated a deterioration of the customer services yet the past weeks seem positives in my opinion.

Even though important delays remain in key departements such as Lost Access or Account Block, the other delays were reduced thanks to new volunteers, I guess.

The only remaining departements are those that require experience (as Maverick stated) and that's not something xat can change right now. I'm pretty sure some volunteers will be promoted during the next months meaning more volunteers will finally access the key-departments. In fact, and even if no one can really notice it, what needs to be done has already been done the past months and adding new volunteers again and again won't change anything. Training current active volunteers to the delayed departements is the only thing to do and we just need to wait for it.

What could be improved is the waiting time through more transparency. Even though it doesn't change how long you need to wait, being able to see where you are in the queue would be a great improvement for users. More transparency over the volunteers' activity could also be interesting even though it will never be made for obvious reasons (inactive volunteers having a bad user experience on chats is one of them).

• Advanced Members
7 hours ago, Maverick said:

See my point on temporarily hired volunteers? 

I was talking to hire a current

volunteer who has access to all departments, who is willing to do this job and has the time to fullfil the task as expected and receives money in exchange.

After the job is done, the volunteer just wouldn't receive any money anymore and continue his volunteering work. Hence no information would be shared, because volunteers are trusted anyway and they wouldn't be suddenly surprised when they don't get any money anymore as they know that beforehand.

This is the best option. Anything else you guys tried to do in the past didn't work obviously, so its time to try to go a new way.  

• Advanced Members

I agree - you can't just throw more volunteers into the mix. All this would do is add to the number of volunteers in the "easier" departments, where there aren't usually delays. If a new volunteer is being recruited, it should be vital to make sure they're determined and motivated. 

I feel as though there is a decent amount of current volunteers which could put us in a place where a user wouldn't have to wait 2 weeks, or whatever the case may be, for a reply. Now this doesn't happen in every case and sometimes it's even inevitable, like with scam reports; it could take a while before there is new information to share.

Anyway, to get to that place, more volunteers need to be trained in the "harder" departments. Leaving an entire, or even multiple departments to only a number volunteers is.. bad business. There are only so many hours in a day and it's been said many times before but volunteers (just like you and I) have lives outside of xat.

As far as the "volunteers have to get trusted with more complex departments" thing, I agree with that to an extent. A volunteer shouldn't be given full access / be expected to handle many departments on day 1. However the user is apparently trusted enough to become a volunteer, so there isn't a reason they can't be trusted enough to handle other departments after they've gained experience and proper training.

• Advanced Members

Long delays in tickets have always been an issue since 2009 and back then we only had a handful of volunteers in each department. While xat has changed over the years we have also seen big changes in the way the site works and operates. I mean by this we have seen security levels been made stricter by adding google auth which has caused more departments to be created in the ticket system such as lost access, lost auth, location update. All these extra departments make it easier for users to sort out their issue but surely also in the mean time stretches volunteer across these departments making it a bit slower to answer tickets in each area?

While I understand that there are different levels of volunteers behind the scenes and all of that is kept secret would it maybe a possibility to expand on the current volunteers to be trained up on other departments which I know takes time and trust. If this can be done then it allows admins to create new trusted user volunteers to help in the easier departments and then they can gain additional trust and experience to learn new departments in the future? 

Just like someone said before there is still some long-term xat users who would love the opportunity to take on the role as volunteer but have not been given the chance. It may not be easy at first for a new volunteer but just like anything it takes time to learn and adapt to new things but also requires help from more experienced volunteers to help train and support them for a team effort. If a user wants to just become a volunteer for free test powers then they are in the wrong position and clearly not there to help xat and its users. 

-Just a quick nosey question if anyone knows?- It makes me wonder actually when do admins actually reply to tickets, I know volunteers are there to answer tickets in general and when it's an admin issue they forward the ticket to xAdmin. Do admins sometimes help in general departments as well to help bring the delay down or do they mostly just answer tickets in the xAdmin department?

• Volunteers

The volunteer crisis can be fixed without paying anyone imo.

We just need more people working hard to become volunteer, and putting more effort in. If there were more people like Nick, Elie, Jayden, Muffins (or even Daniel), then we'd have more volunteers. 

My point is, it's not entirely admins' fault if there's nobody good enough to become volunteer - it's ours a little bit too. Somebody has to step up somewhere.

• Advanced Members
On 12/27/2016 at 8:45 PM, TinkerDoodle said:

I'm not saying they are going to hire someone, but you know absolutely nothing about xat's financial situation, so I don't really know why you feel the need to comment on it or make assumptions about it.

5 hours ago, Christina said:

However....they will never entrust in the opinions of xat users.  Until volunteers admit themselves their is a problem...........

Volunteers should also start listening more and stop being do defensive and taking it personal.

I don't think any of us defend 17 day wait times. I know I certainly don't. Also, none of us are taking this personally; we understand people are frustrated and they have a right to be. I could comment on your other points (some of which I find quite hypocritical) but that isn't the point of this thread, so I won't.

I understand the frustration and I have no problem with threads like this being made. But people need to understand that change can't come overnight; two new volunteers were added recently, and both work very hard. As Maverick has already explained, new volunteers don't get added into the departments that are currently backed up because of the nature of the information shared in said departments. Going through training, building up experience, and earning the admin's trust to move to different departments takes time.

Has anybody considered that maybe, by adding two new hard-working volunteers, there could potentially be a plan in place to "promote" some volunteers to delayed departments in the future? I don't know if there is, that decision has nothing to do with me. My point is that even though no changes have been made directly to the delayed departments yet, there could be plans in place and the first steps could be being taken. Also, when the new volunteers were added, the "starting" department was delayed as well, and it no longer is. So there has been some improvement.

Ultimately, I agree that there needs to be some improvement, but I wish people would stop assuming that the admin can make changes by snapping his fingers—especially people who know how the system works—and understand that there is perhaps more than meets the eye in this situation.

• Award 4

• Advanced Members

I'm pretty sure the admins are the ones that actually assign vols to department and they have the final say when it comes to any changes and improvements when it comes to vols. so we can't really blame the vols on a broken system when they really can't do anything about it. But I will say, it feels like the vols are reluctant of even going to the admins in the first place. It's clear admins are busy with mobile so much they don't see a broken customer support system. But it feelslike the vols aren't even telling the admins there is a problem.. we've only got one solution from the admins and that was to make more vols (look how that turned out). It feels like putting scotch on a hole in a sinking ship. Do the admins know how big the issue actually is? It's clear the admins trust the vols, so why not just bug the admins for a new solution and a permanent one at that. 

There are a few vols who actually recognize this issue with the current customer support and they seem like up they're for change, but did they actually talk to the admins about it? Did they explain that making more vols wasnt good enough? Where are the rest of the vols? They should know there is a problem, why isn't there a combined effort to fix this problem? it's like they're all divided on this issue. And there are other vols who just create excuses instead of solutions for the ticket times. Yes you have a life outside of xat and if a real life situation is keeping you from answering tickets efficiently, then step down and let someone who isn't being held back step in. It's all about efficiency and right now, it seems like there's none of it. Yes xat will never have customer support like a big corporate company, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't adopt some aspects?? 

32 minutes ago, Christina said:

I actually did the best I could do.  I got stuff accomplished.

Sadly it seems like doing the best you can do is clearly not good enough, or never was when it came to 1 individual. Hopefully he learned his mistake LOL

• Advanced Members

Mhm this is getting too personal. Try to leave that out maybe.. 

Anyway, here is what the xat admins can choose to do.

1. Hire someone temporarily from the experienced volunteers and stop the payment once things are running smoothly. 

2. Recruit more volunteers and promote more volunteers into other departments.

3. Every volunteer must work harder

Point 1 is the best solution in my opinion, since the other points were kinda tried in the past i presume cautiously. You should really give it a try @Admin. To go into detail: 6€/h might be a good payment, 4 hours of work per day maybe and at least 25 (or another number) tickets per hour, ask the experienced vols who would have time to do that. 

Either way, as I already mentioned,  the goal should be: Every ticket must be answered during a week.