jessibe1

Whats the best about the xat smileys?

1 hour ago, Finna said:

Eh, they're alright. Facebook has a more variety of smiley's to choose from.

You can't compare Facebook and xat :s !

• Like 2

Even though there are more smilies on Facebook, I've never really liked some, they don't express anything.

On the other hand, xat smilies are so expressive! I feel you can express any feeling with them (talking about the yellow ones).

xat.wiki/Free_smilies for a full list!

• Like 1

I've been using these smilies for years, so I've grown quite attached to them!

Plus these smilies are quite big, and some are animated.

• Like 1

I think we all can say that the smileys have definitely evolved over the years. I still remember the time when the smileys were all the classics and I truly enjoyed them. I remember a project I had to do back in elementary school where you couldn't use any sort of communication with words to communicate with someone and had to figure out a way to talk to that person. So, my partner and I decided to use xat and the xat smileys to communicate where each smiley represented a different letter so we basically communicated in smiley language. The project actually turned out pretty good and we did really well on it. I think that's just what the smileys are there for. They help us communicate with a sense of emotion and personality. 

I think it's kind of weird to say that the xat smileys have honestly inspired me in a certain way. I used to often ask how they got made, where they came from, where the inspirations came from and you name it. There was a time when I got so interested in them that I actually started to teach myself flash and actually started taking courses that touched on it. I started creating suggestions on the forum for them, tried designing my own smileys (which honestly were pretty bad but they still were okay I guess). This actually kind of lead me to start talking to these people who actually made these things. Being a smiley maker honestly seems like such a cool job to have on xat. Although it might be a lot of work, you basically get to find your own inspirations and design smileys and powers. I think my passion for all of this has not only created strong friendships with similar people, but also helped me figure out what field I wish to pursue in the future (which happens to be in the communications/design field). 

Either way, I still think today that the xat smileys are pretty much the coolest thing on xat and are basically what keeps xat running. Pretty much all the smileys I use on my phone (from iMessage to Kik etc) are not exactly animated and don't have as much detail as the ones on xat do (Sometimes I actually just screenshot the xat smiley and send it as an image... oops :$ ) . I often think it's a privilege to be able to use these cool smileys (especially the free yellow ones) everyday to communicate with people all around the world.

• Like 2

Xat just got the best smilies, the expression, the animation, the creativity. I wished i could use them all over the internet, nothing gets close in my op. 

17 hours ago, Jedi said:

You can't compare Facebook and xat :s !

Tell that to the other person comparing Facebook and xat on this thread.

xat should strive to be compared to facebook, in a way they are similar as they both provide a communication service for users around the world, but the thread asks about your favorite xat smiley, although pointing out your favorite facebook emotes is fine too, it could be a suggestion for xat to follow!

for myself, I really like all the smileys from manga, they look fantastic.

smileys are so cute they they contribute to enriching chatting in the room, they complete what people say, they express what people feel which means that their role is great and important