Block users

JotaRules

• Members

Hi guys, I wonder if you could create a power with which to block a user forever, this already exists in some social networks and I wonder if it could be implemented in xat.com. 

There is the option to ignore, but the next day again we must ignore and this is annoying.  Thanks

• Award 2

• Advanced Members

I agree this should be a feature or a power as it can be annoying to have to ignore users again and again. It would be great to have a block list where you add/remove id's easy or a system like FOE where it also shows an X as their pawn representing you have the user blocked. 

• Award 3

• Advanced Members

There are a few other ways to stop any contact between you and someone that you wish to block:

• Use the NOPC/NOPM powers
  • Find a new chat to go to, away from that user. Use nofollow so your friends can't tell on you!
  • If the user you wish to block shows up in the new chat, ban them.
  • Make your own chat, and make it members only
  • Keep ignoring a user
  • Mentally ignore someone. They'll stop being annoying after a while of not getting a reply. 

With all these in mind, I don't see why we would need a block power. 

• Award 1

• Members
50 minutes ago, Angelo said:

There are a few other ways to stop any contact between you and someone that you wish to block:

• Use the NOPC/NOPM powers
  • Find a new chat to go to, away from that user. Use nofollow so your friends can't tell on you!
  • If the user you wish to block shows up in the new chat, ban them.
  • Make your own chat, and make it members only
  • Keep ignoring a user
  • Mentally ignore someone. They'll stop being annoying after a while of not getting a reply. 

With all these in mind, I don't see why we would need a block power. 

You have cited all the reasons why you should create a power with which you can block indefinitely without having to do the steps you recommend repetitively (hug)

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

@Cupim A nice idea but I don't like the feeling of someone else knowing I have ignored them or the duration I have ignored them. If the user figures out on their own I have ignored them then that's alright but them being told I have ignored them is not something I would personally like to see added. If i wanted the user to know I have ignored them after they pced me then I would use the TTTH power (if it worked) but if not I would just click the ignore button without them knowing any different. :)

• Award 1

• Volunteers
35 minutes ago, SJBB said:

@Cupim A nice idea but I don't like the feeling of someone else knowing I have ignored them or the duration I have ignored them. If the user figures out on their own I have ignored them then that's alright but them being told I have ignored them is not something I would personally like to see added. If i wanted the user to know I have ignored them after they pced me then I would use the TTTH power (if it worked) but if not I would just click the ignore button without them knowing any different. :)

Yeah, that second idea is going to divide opinion. That's why I wouldn't add it.

The first idea looks very sensible, though. I'd consider being able to type the length too, rather than having a fixed menu of 4, 5, 6 items.

• Award 2

• Advanced Members
On ٢٠‏/١٢‏/٢٠١٦ at 2:25 AM, Cupim said:

Yes I agree, the ignore feature needs an update.

Here's an idea. Maybe xat can make a dropdown appear when you click the Ignore button (or just list the options as buttons).

For instance, it could show the options:

-- Ignore for:

- 1 hour

- 1 week

- 1 month

- Forever

These options are similar from other sites and seem to be sufficient.

Also to note the grey pawn is a good indication and that doesn't need to be changed in my opinion.

Also if there's the need to tell for how long the user is ignored, when clicked the user could say at "on xat registered ignored for ..."

I think this should be a free feature available both on web and mobile

Another idea, in case anyone wants a power about this... It would be fun to have a power to tell if you were ignored.

My idea is that the nickname of the person could appear on the Notifications tab (image below):

827dd3c6138a48d0890729b8d6d62c75.png

See an example where it would notify that a person has ignored you, click here.

In case the gray pawn on the notifications tab confuses the users, instead of the pawn there could be the symbol which will be used for the power.

Let's say the power would look like this, click here.

Then instead of the grey pawn, you would see this (the power symbol to indicate the user has ignored you):

9d75532f949241338d9b1be97e7e1eda.png

I agree with you that it would be much better (Y)

• Award 1

• Members

Varios ex usuarios de mi chat entran al chat a provocar un ban diciendo groserias, al final se les banea y tiran reporte en contra de mis moderadores a tal grado que ya tengo varios " Chat transcript " de xat.com . ALguien sabe que tengo que hacer?.  me preocupa que en los Chat transcript mencionan que mi caht puede ser cerrado o des-enlistado.  Nota: los que hacen el reporte y se hacen banear diciendo groserias son ex companeros que se van inconformes del xat.  Gracias por su ayuda.

• Bot Service Providers

Another dream, maybe will be done in 2020 xD

Its a nice idea to be forget later...

About this "block user" need be blocked via packets because when a user's ignored he can use bad scripts(like happened some months ago)

This method will disallow "bad scripts/raids/bots" flood pc/pm