Christmas Contest

Dami

• Advanced Members

This is very nice of you. 

Some games I would like to suggest: 

• Town of Salem, because yeah
  • Pokemon Showdown
  • Triviador ONLINE. @Poke knows how it is.
  • Slither.io
  • Candy Crush. 

If you would like to host it at xat.com/game (would be better, tho) @Chelly and the staff can host games (guess the song, guess the doddle, etc) or even gamebot.

A good date would be 27/28/29/30 December or even in January.

Anyway, good luck with you contest and with your life.

• Award 2

• Members
9 minutes ago, SirCharlie said:

So that was a no to xat's games (Spacewar, Darts, etc.) or tournaments like Hearts, Switch, C4 ?

Well I wanted to make something different, something that xat users are not used to. To me, it sounds more fun. Do you like xat games that much ?

• Advanced Members

Just a suggestion: make it a mix of xat and non-xat. This would cater to everyone's desires and make it fun for all.

I know I'll be participating if trivia is involved! ;)

Thanks for hosting this, Dami!

Also, as for a date, I'd try to avoid Dec 24, 25, Late Dec 31 and Jan 1st. 

• Advanced Members

The dates Meow said seem pretty good, she also suggested some good games so I thought I'd go more into detail about some of those games if you're not familiar with them.

I think mixing in xat games would be a good idea but that's up to you, if you need suggestions I'd be happy to list some.

(meows suggestions)

Town of Salem - It can have 7-15 players and there are different factions such as town, mafia and neutral. Basically the goal is to be the winning faction and get rid of the factions which oppose your faction. You need an account to play and can pick a display name for each game, this would be good for having more than one winner depending on which faction wins. I don't think there's any way to spectate in this yet.

Pokemon Showdown - There's different modes and because of that you could host this more than once if you wanted (you could host random battles and ou for example). It's good for tournaments, it would probably be more difficult to host but if you find the right users you'd get participants for it especially if it's a good prize. You can spectate in this.

Triviador Online - Never played it but I know Meow has so if you really wanted to know more about it best person to ask is her or poke.

Slither.io - You can't spectate but you can see your final length at the end + set display names.

Candy Crush - I remember playing this somewhere before but I'm not sure it would work because people can play it whenever and basically get further ahead? 

(my suggestions)

BoardGameOnline - It's a game that can have up to 16 players, there's a few different modes such as free for all, teams (can be multiple teams) and there's a mode where someone is boss and has more abilities/items and the goal is to stop them from winning. I guess one problem with this game is that it can go on for a long time with a lot of players, you can eventually kick players if they're afk for a few turns. The goal is to make it to the finish line and you can edit the distance of it, there's also ways to win before crossing the finish line which could make the game quicker, you can spectate in this game.

I'll add some more here and a little about them if I think of any.

Also thank you for allowing users the chance to win! 

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

If you decide to do xat-related games as well, here are some suggestions:

• Trivia (this can include xat-related trivia and non-xat related trivia)
  • Make The Doodle (involves people making doodles on the app that are related to a topic that you choose, and the person who makes the best doodle wins the prize)
  • Guess The Doodle (the host draws something on the doodle app, and the first person to guess what it is gets a point. The person who reaches a certain number of points, usually 3 or more, wins the prize)
  • Gamebot (self-explanatory)

As for non-xat,

• Pac-man (there was a website for this, Steven should know)
  • Cubefield (a game where you navigate around cubes, gets increasingly harder as it progresses)
  • Frogger (there's also a website for this, Steven should know)
  • Award 2

• Advanced Members

You say you can play games other than xat.com

Then they could be these, for those who have steam or battle.net

STEAM

Call of duty: 

World at war
Modern Warfare

Paladins

Dota2

Counter strike:
Global Offensive

I do not know, maybe some more that someone can recommend.

BATTLE.NET

Heroes of the storm

Overwatch

World Wf Warcraft:
It could be in a pvp battle

I think there are many who have those games, or at least some of them.

• Advanced Members

It'd be best not to suggest games that not everyone can pick up easily and have a fair chance. They should also be free and available to everyone. 

For example, Town of Salem has a moderate learning curve and people showing up "on the day" would have next to no chance of winning. Same could be said for DotA, CS:GO and so on. 

Steam games are really a definite no go. 

• Award 3

• Advanced Members

In addition to Daniel, games like Overwatch and Call of Duty must be purchased in order to be played. If people were to purchase these games, they'd be spending more than they would win. And in the case where the prize IS more than the game costs, new players would have almost no chance of winning.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
1 minute ago, Poke said:

In addition to Daniel, games like Overwatch and Call of Duty must be purchased in order to be played. If people were to purchase these games, they'd be spending more than they would win. And in the case where the prize IS more than the game costs, new players would have almost no chance of winning.

But the ones that already have the game, we could do it.
Because those who win in these games of xat, are already known, are the same as always.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, Eleven said:

But the ones that already have the game, we could do it.
Because those who win in these games of xat, are already known, are the same as always.

But not everyone has these games.. so a lot of people would be missing out on the contest, when it normally should be free for all to enter.

Bad idea.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
3 hours ago, Daniel said:

It'd be best not to suggest games that not everyone can pick up easily and have a fair chance. They should also be free and available to everyone. 

For example, Town of Salem has a moderate learning curve and people showing up "on the day" would have next to no chance of winning. Same could be said for DotA, CS:GO and so on. 

Steam games are really a definite no go. 

TOS would actually be kinda bad because when players are new they're really bad, but when players get better it's entirely down to luck (basically no skill involved). Worst of both worlds. HOWEVER if there was practice time before so people know how to play the game it could work. Steam games definitely shouldn't be played since some will have loads of experience, and some will have never played before - it'd be too one sided.

My suggestions are (just listing them all regardless of whether they've been listed or not):

Pokemon Showdown (kinda skill based but meh, if you exclude games requiring a similar level of skill to this, basically no games would be suggestable)

Agar.io

Slither.io

Town of Salem (if there's practice time before)

Trivia/Trivia based games

Gamebans

Boardgame online (if there's practice time before)

Guess the Doodle

Make the Doodle (probably one-sided)

Hide and Seek

Any other Contests games

Haxball

Splix.io

Gamebot games

Might add more later.

• Award 2

• Members

Hello everyone,

I hope you are all having a Merry Christmas. I asked Chelly if I could host this contest on Game and she agreed.

I will take place from December 27th to December 30th as suggested, in the evening.

As there were not as many game suggestions as I would have like, I will ask before starting everyday on Game, but one things is sure : agar.io and haxball contests are happening.

Hope this works, and good luck to all the participants.

• Volunteers

Haxball is really fun and accessible to newbies (a lot more so than Pokemon Showdown, which takes weeks/months to learn properly).

Just watch out for those semi-pro players :$ (they play in competitive leagues). I met one on xat before, and I could barely touch the ball.

• Advanced Members

Congratulations to all of yesterday's winners! For those who don't know, this is happening for the next 3 days starting at 3 PM EST each day. Contests all have a 10000 xat prize and you may win one per day.

Big thanks to Damien for donating and hosting!

• Award 1