Why DON'T you want to become a volunteer?

QuestionHelp

• Members

seems like everyone nowadays only strives to become a volunteer and it saddens me to see people act differently and sometimes obnoxiously to acheive it, so for all you people who don't want to become a volunteer, care to share your reasons and perhaps give another perspective to those who do.

thanks!

inb4 not a single post :(

• Volunteers

I'll kick things off, haha:

• Not enough time
  • Not enough expertise
  • Not enough experience in helping people

I'm grateful for the roles I already have, and I'm looking to improve there, rather than taking on yet more projects. I'm not saying I'd turn it down, lol. It's more, "hold the position for me until I'm ready". (sman)

• Award 2
  • Haha 1
  • Done! 1

• Advanced Members

"hello volunteer, i've been waiting 1 very long second for a reply to my ticket about how noaudies works!! please reply i need to know this right now! why do others have quicker replies than me :s:o:( ??"  *sends to every other possible volunteer*

Answering tickets is one thing but replying to people who ask when they will get a reply to their ticket takes up more time, I don't think people asking notice that the reply is going to be even more delayed if volunteers have to read messages asking when they'll get a reply. I'm happy for people who want to become volunteer but there's no reason they need to act differently in front of others to try and get that role.

• Award 3

• Advanced Members
14 hours ago, Chelly said:

I'm happy for people who want to become volunteer but there's no reason they need to act differently in front of others to try and get that role.

I just wanted to put that in bold.

Anyway, there are plenty of reasons why you should not want to become a volunteer, but most of it you don't know until you are actually one or hear from another. An obvious one is that some people only see you as a volunteer and nothing more.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

I already am a volunteer. but not a volunteer chat. (xat.com)
You all are already a volunteer, if you know to help people.
Give your time to help the world, already it is beautiful.
I think you understand what I mean. 
If you're good at what you do, move on to get a volunteer. 
a volunteer really has more responsibility ´´LIABILITY´´

Qs.- Follow the rules and terms , and be active, is everyone's dream becomes reality.
Not everyone wants to become a volunteer, and if he wants he deserves, with hard work and time, everyone can become what they want to be.
I think and hope not to be told anything bad.
I wrote all good. (shock) XD

• Advanced Members

I particurlarly think that it works only by indication, admins probably didn't saw some people who was/are really helpful and could/would contribute a lot for improve xat.com, those people most likely gave up of trying achieve it.

• 1 year later...
  • Wiki Translators

i see in this sub forum of general discussion a lot of posts about " be a volunteer " " be a contributor " " help xat " ... let MAXO answers this : firstly it's a pleasure for me to become a contributor or a volunteer or mod ... MAXO want an opportunity to show his skills he can add more things to xat.com or a forum in general MAXO has an international diploma in buisness management the problem is maybe you don't trust MAXO but believe this HOW KNOWS WHAT HE SAYS

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, maxo said:

i see in this sub forum of general discussion a lot of posts about " be a volunteer " " be a contributor " " help xat " ... let MAXO answers this : firstly it's a pleasure for me to become a contributor or a volunteer or mod ... MAXO want an opportunity to show his skills he can add more things to xat.com or a forum in general MAXO has an international diploma in buisness management the problem is maybe you don't trust MAXO but believe this HOW KNOWS WHAT HE SAYS

let maxo apply as a volunteer. maxo will be a good volunteer.

don't be like maxo, please.

Edited by Blossoms
  • Cool 1