3 letters shortnames auction suggest

Edit

• Advanced Members

There's different ways of looking at it.

Firstly, yes it's rare and in that way 'special' and 'cool', and if loads released it wouldn't be so special anymore.

Secondly, say 'Bob' was released - the richest Bob is surely going to win the shortname, which I think is unfair to the poorer users who may have been on xat longer/done more for the site and are more deserving - not everyone can throw around huge chunks of cash online. A better way to release them would be to put a max value on them, and allow users to enter a draw to win it, and prevent people buying them soley to sell on for profit - if yo name ain't bob you ain't coming in. 

Thirdly, I've always thought xat should release the common 3 letter names, because I feel like people with 3 letter names are missing out, and that's very sad to the point it makes me tear up :( rip Dan, Bob, Tim, Pam, Tod (this is as far as my brain allows me to go). 

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
10 hours ago, Ryan said:

There's different ways of looking at it.

Firstly, yes it's rare and in that way 'special' and 'cool', and if loads released it wouldn't be so special anymore.

Secondly, say 'Bob' was released - the richest Bob is surely going to win the shortname, which I think is unfair to the poorer users who may have been on xat longer/done more for the site and are more deserving - not everyone can throw around huge chunks of cash online. A better way to release them would be to put a max value on them, and allow users to enter a draw to win it, and prevent people buying them soley to sell on for profit - if yo name ain't bob you ain't coming in. 

Thirdly, I've always thought xat should release the common 3 letter names, because I feel like people with 3 letter names are missing out, and that's very sad to the point it makes me tear up :( rip Dan, Bob, Tim, Pam, Tod (this is as far as my brain allows me to go). 

Amy, Ali, Ben, Cal, Ian, Eli, Jay, Jan, Nia, Meg.

Come on man get with it. I totally came up with these myself by the way.

1gr89h.png

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

I think Jedi has a point. If 3 letter shortnames/IDs were available for purchase, it'd ruin how special they are. Next thing you know we'd be begging for 2. And like mentioned, those with the most amount of cash would always win. 

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
On 12/7/2016 at 4:37 PM, Jedi said:

3 digits id or 3 letters shortname should stay as reward.

14 minutes ago, iAngelo said:

I think Jedi has a point. If 3 letter shortnames/IDs were available for purchase, it'd ruin how special they are. Next thing you know we'd be begging for 2. And like mentioned, those with the most amount of cash would always win. 

I'm not saying that I don't agree but, why should people with 3 letter names be made to work for their shortname whilst others can simply buy them?

• Advanced Members

Just for me, oo yeah
Bau (16M)
Nothing more, ty XD
if someone thinks so, tell me.
I speak for myself, if I have to have short names, Wanting everyone to have, to be realistic, Who does not want, does not have short names.
Yes, I want, But it's not how I want. 
Amin....
if you see this message, hello (shock)

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
4 hours ago, Ryan said:

I'm not saying that I don't agree but, why should people with 3 letter names be made to work for their shortname whilst others can simply buy them?

Well see that's the scenario we've been faced with. Your argument makes sense; why would one user need to work hard to make xat a better place in the past, (such as xer), only to be rewarded with a shortname that could be made possible for purchase in the future? It would take some of the reward out of having such a prize. 

• Advanced Members
9 hours ago, Angelo said:

Well see that's the scenario we've been faced with. Your argument makes sense; why would one user need to work hard to make xat a better place in the past, (such as xer), only to be rewarded with a shortname that could be made possible for purchase in the future? It would take some of the reward out of having such a prize. 

It's like 4 digits, in the past it used to be very rare, now you can see at least one on every official chats.

That's why it needs to stay like this.