Christmas Chat

Lemona

• Volunteers

As many of you guys may have noticed, xat is all spirited up with the Christmas xat logos. That being said, I know in previous years there used to be a Christmas chat that was auto-promoted. I'm pretty curious to know whether or not this chat will be back again this year. This chat was pretty fun to hang around near Christmas time and it really gave the sense of community that xat has. Either way, I think it would be a nice add-on for around Christmas time!

P.S... Are we getting the Christmas logos on the forum too?

So, does anyone know if this chat will be coming back? Do you think the chat should come back? Let me know your thoughts!

@Cyan

• Award 4

• Advanced Members

I think there is no need to create a christmas chat and run it for a month only. We already have a chat where you can meet and talk to people from all around the world: xat.com/Chat and it's auto-promoted! We could just add a christmas themed background and let it become a "christmas chat".

• Award 5

• Advanced Members
11 minutes ago, Anar said:

I think there is no need to create a christmas chat and run it for a month only. We already have a chat where you can meet and talk to people from all around the world: xat.com/Chat and it's auto-promoted! We could just add a christmas themed background and let it become a "christmas chat".

Not to mention not everyone on xat celebrates Christmas. What about all the other religious holidays?

I think logos and powers are fine, for celebratory purposes. 

• Award 2

• Advanced Members
On 5.12.2016 at 2:12 AM, Anar said:

I agree whit Anar (Y).

• Volunteers
On 12/5/2016 at 0:12 AM, Anar said:

We already have a chat where you can meet and talk to people from all around the world: xat.com/Chat and it's auto-promoted! We could just add a christmas themed background and let it become a "christmas chat".

But we can visit Chat any time of the year :'(. The Christmas chat is an annual tradition, which only happens for a few weeks. It's special :'(.

• Award 1

• Volunteers

It's not because we have "Chat" and "Social" that other chats are not allowed to be reopened to celebrate christmas. If you play like that to always say "There is this chat for", how do you want to make alive the other chats? It's user choice, not the staff choice to come or not.

Some people don't like Chat and Social because of the main/staff, so they will celebrate on this "Christmas" chat and not somewhere where they hate go, it's completely idiot to denied by a "We have chat and social". If a majority of people want "christmas" to reopen, I do not see the problem of reopening this chat for the pleasure of some people.

Plus about having already "some powers" that not everyone can afford, it's not enough to celebrate christmas, even if we have logos and we are going to have powers for Christmas. I wonder if sometimes, people thinks about the one that can't afford for powers...

I hope (and I agree with @Lemona's :$ ), @Life is going to reopen this chat; and not let it closed because (again) we have some chats for.

• Award 3

• Advanced Members
On 4/12/2016 at 7:12 PM, Anar said:

He's right, I don't think need a chat room especially for Christmas.  dvPZnV4.gif

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

I think Christmas chat should be a thing, in my opinion it's the go-to place for xats community to share their christmas presents (what they got for christmas, what they are doing for christmas) and it'll be a sad year if we don't get this chance. I love the atmosphere from the chatroom, and for new years eve, everyone saying happy new years using kisses, it's truly amazing to share the experience with everyone.

• Award 1

• Volunteers
2 hours ago, SirCharlie said:

If we open Christmas, it is Social that moves there, so Christmas won't be the solution for someone who doesn't like Social.

Even if Social were to not take this on, is there not somebody out there who can be decided on to take this on? A volunteer? From previous years, it often felt like many people on the Christmas chat who were staff came from all over, not just Social. It also gave opportunities to some people who aren't exactly staff on 'official' chats to have an opportunity to be staff as well. There wasn't really a staff list for that chat, it was sort of like many people were just temp moderators or owners with some type of person as the main owner. 

• Award 3

• Advanced Members
18 minutes ago, Lemona said:

Even if Social were to not take this on, is there not somebody out there who can be decided on to take this on? A volunteer? From previous years, it often felt like many people on the Christmas chat who were staff came from all over, not just Social. It also gave opportunities to some people who aren't exactly staff on 'official' chats to have an opportunity to be staff as well. There wasn't really a staff list for that chat, it was sort of like many people were just temp moderators or owners with some type of person as the main owner. 

I do own the Merry_Christmas chat which I would happily open up for users to take over for the festive period. I have got all group powers assigned there but in order to attract a crowd we would need to have it on promotion which is something that I can't personally help towards much. If social was to move to the Christmas chat then it would be on auto promote which is a big benefit to them. The chat would also need a good selection of staff to help moderate throughout the whole Christmas period. Thoughts?

• Volunteers

Btw now, you can't even open a chat to celebrate something without seeing "We have Chat and Social for." 

Before we had a chat for Halloween (I don't remember exactly), nothing was said about and now when it's for Christmas, everyone is complaining... Christmas is opened like 1 week per year, it's not the death for Chat and Social since there are already active.

About staff, it can be found easily. We don't need always social/chat staff, there are some good users on Xat since last year. 

To be honest, I don't know why we are asking for "users thoughts" when It would be always negative and since it's not them that decide if it's going to be reopened or not but the main owner of this one.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
16 hours ago, Jedi said:

Depends if someone wants to do a xmas contest on Christmas chat.

@Steven Did you plan anything yet?

Our Christmas plans are going to be in the works starting very soon but we won't have a specific Christmas chat  

• Cyan locked this topic