Jump to content
LaFleur

Proposing to use more forum suggestions

Recommended Posts

I agree that the forum suggestions should be listened to more. I would at least expect more responses from administrators and smiley makers.

 

We also had a mixture power with lots of good suggestions on the old forum, but it was never created.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's interesting figures! 

 

Even though it has already been said, that's worth telling. xat community have plenty of great ideas and I also think they should consider more community suggestions.

However the smiley makers also have a good inspiration and I think they're more focusing on their ideas before looking into community suggestions which is completely understandable. It would be really interesting to hear their point! @Cupim @Junior @Mihay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/12/2016 at 11:37 PM, Brandon said:

We also had a mixture power with lots of good suggestions on the old forum, but it was never created.

Thats the first number on Power - Smilies category:

https://web.archive.org/web/20160307224248/http://community.xat.com/forum/site-support-and-suggestions/suggestions/28693-mixture-power

 

On 04/12/2016 at 11:39 PM, Sydno said:

However the smiley makers also have a good inspiration and I think they're more focusing on their ideas before looking into community suggestions which is completely understandable. It would be really interesting to hear their point!

I get that totally, but why ask for suggestions then in the first place, if they never get made anyway?

  • Award 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, LaFleur said:

I get that totally, but why ask for suggestions then in the first place, if they never get made anyway?

I agree. With xat being so user focused (users answering tickets, making smileys etc), I don't understand why they wouldn't consider or even come through with some very own user suggestions. It is fairly rare to see a suggestion get put into place/made. However, there could be things where the suggestion is too difficult for someone to make or not even be possible, for example. I would really like to see more suggestions from the forum get made if the suggestion is thorough and easy to understand. But what would really be nice to see is smiley makers (or whoever creating the suggestion) collaborate and work with the user who created the suggestion to fully give their feedback and ideas along the way to the person creating it. This way, the user who created the suggestion is fully getting what they wanted out of the suggestion, they also know what is and isn't possible and also giving input into their suggestion making the user actually earn that test power. 

  • Award 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lemona said:

But what would really be nice to see is smiley makers (or whoever creating the suggestion) collaborate and work with the user who created the suggestion to fully give their feedback and ideas along the way to the person creating it. This way, the user who created the suggestion is fully getting what they wanted out of the suggestion, they also know what is and isn't possible and also giving input into their suggestion making the user actually earn that test power. 

 

In an ideal world, maybe. But I can't imagine the smiley makers chasing after people when they have deadlines and other things to do.

 

It's easier if the person makes their suggestion as detailed as possible IMO. If they didn't write anything specific, I'm not sure they can complain too much.

 

Great thread though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Smiley makers ideas should always be prioritized over community suggestions, but they should definitely find a balance between their ideas and the community suggestions. Some suggestions on the forums have much more potential than some powers that exist right now, so I think they should create at least one power each month from the suggestion forum as a start and go from there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Suggestions that have been suggested on the forum are not all possible to do. Smileys makers are probably making powers according to their "list" and make some suggestions from the forum when they are out of ideas. 

 

Some people suggested game powers; Have you ever noticed, admins are trying to do some games directly in hug instead of gamerace/gamebans because it takes time to do a real game? Do you ever remember when @Jadiction suggested a memories powers on old forum, and admins did the same thing on christmix's hug power? So we can't say, admins don't take suggestions from forum. 

 

Remember about Cleon's suggestion about namegrad ? It has been done.

 

They are just doing things from their list which is the top priority for them and look on some "interesting" suggestions that can be done as a power. We just need to be patient before we see one of the suggestions.

 

About bugs/issues, all bugs/issues that had been fixed before was because some people helped them to fix it, otherwise it would be never done so feel free to help them for some issues if it's accessible. ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SlOom said:

Suggestions that have been suggested on the forum are not all possible to do. Smileys makers are probably making powers according to their "list" and make some suggestions from the forum when they are out of ideas. 

 

Some people suggested game powers; Have you ever noticed, admins are trying to do some games directly in hug instead of gamerace/gamebans because it takes time to do a real game? Do you ever remember when @Jadiction suggested a memories powers on old forum, and admins did the same thing on christmix's hug power? So we can't say, admins don't take suggestions from forum. 

 

Remember about Cleon's suggestion about namegrad ? It has been done.

 

They are just doing things from their list which is the top priority for them and look on some "interesting" suggestions that can be done as a power. We just need to be patient before we see one of the suggestions.

 

About bugs/issues, all bugs/issues that had been fixed before was because some people helped them to fix it, otherwise it would be never done so feel free to help them for some issues if it's accessible. ;) 

 

I am fully aware that making games is time-consuming. Thats why i said that function powers (should include game powers as well) are probably less prioritized, because there might not much time left with the mobile app development. And personally i prefer a proper game power over a hug on every second power, as a side note.

 

I never said they aren't taking any suggestions at all, but its just way too less and there are a lot of interesting suggestions that could be made, considering what they are able to do with all the great powers that already exist, hence the proposition is to raise this and integrate (/listen more to) the community. With the xats to do list i initially tried to ease the work for admins and smiley makers, by looking at the positive feedback of the specific suggestions and trying to emphasize what people want, but i just feel like its pretty much in vain at the moment.

 

As for the bugs/issue, no i am not able to do anything here, i am not familiar with the technical stuff of xat, so my only contribution is to provide a list they (or other people) could make use of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, LaFleur said:

 

I am fully aware that making games is time-consuming. Thats why i said that function powers (should include game powers as well) are probably less prioritized, because there might not much time left with the mobile app development. And personally i prefer a proper game power over a hug on every second power, as a side note.

 

I never said they aren't taking any suggestions at all, but its just way too less and there are a lot of interesting suggestions that could be made, considering what they are able to do with all the great powers that already exist, hence the proposition is to raise this and integrate (/listen more to) the community. With the xats to do list i initially tried to ease the work for admins and smiley makers, by looking at the positive feedback of the specific suggestions and trying to emphasize what people want, but i just feel like its pretty much in vain at the moment.

 

As for the bugs/issue, no i am not able to do anything here, i am not familiar with the technical stuff of xat, so my only contribution is to provide a list they (or other people) could make use of.

 

I really understand your point, but for admins, users suggestions is not the top priority for them. Some of their ideas is like planned months ago.. and they won't take an user suggestion between that. We can be already happy to have some ideas already done like namegrad, memories game (on hug) etc.

 

Create a game is a lot of time; You need to know how to make it, how to design it, how to code it, look for bugs/glitch and fix it and after make it reliable with gamebot if it's a gamerace.

 

People can't always have what they want, it depends of admins situation and time they have. Before we hadn't mobile; they were doing some cool stuff/games but now they are really really busy with mobile and we can't stop them doing that.

 

The point of this is, they have first to fix all stuff/issues/bugs and after look for something new like a game or function. I know, we have a lot of suggestion, but do admins know how to do that ? It's the question. Admins are not super smart to do things that users want but they can do some basics stuff to make happy users. 

 

I remember asking them to do something for xat, they answered me "We have mobile to finish", so that's why we don't have a lot of new things yet. Mobile is still the top priority + their todolist. We will have to wait until they are done with mobile.

 

About your last point, you can always talk with them (not always waiting for them to check your "todolist"), and see what they can do for and see if they can fix it directly. We have a lot of issues, and it should be fixed on the next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd have to agree with Sloom. It's all about priority, and what admin feels is the best direction to take. Implementing new smilies/powers/hugs/kisses and all of that is fine, but expecting a suggestion such as a game or a new feature just might be asking too much at this point in time.

 

You also have to remember that maybe some of the suggestions that are made might just not be worth it. 

 

Value > Work = Good

Value < Work = Bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only part of this discussion involves admins, smiley makers make smilies. 

 

They have the power to make anything they want (excluding holidays, where a holiday themed power is mandatory). 

 

Games and such still do not necessarily require admin intervention (except functions that appear on the website, even then you could give them code), and they have even suggested that a user (or smiley maker!!) could make a game and they would implement it. Maybe if we barrade smiley makers they will band together and make something ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Angelo said:

I'd have to agree with Sloom. It's all about priority, and what admin feels is the best direction to take. Implementing new smilies/powers/hugs/kisses and all of that is fine, but expecting a suggestion such as a game or a new feature just might be asking too much at this point in time.

 

You also have to remember that maybe some of the suggestions that are made might just not be worth it. 

 

Value > Work = Good

Value < Work = Bad

 

I didn't say that i expect a game. It was just mentioned. I am fully aware of the lack of time admins may have.  

 

And i honestly have to say that there are some great suggestions.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.