RIP Tutorials

Communism

• Advanced Members

Was the tutorial section intentionally axed? It wasn't used very much, but it was also probably the most active section in terms of total thread view counts. I don't know what the admins' plans are for the old forum, but if they intend to delete it, it would be nice to have a replacement section on these boards.

• Advanced Members
14 minutes ago, MYNEWCAR said:

wats da point in tutorials anymore? people dont use them, they just go to help or somethin

Nah you're right, nobody posts there anymore really, but they still get a lot of traffic from somewhere (check the view count of threads in that section).

If the admins plan to leave the old forum in place, then it doesn't really matter. But if they're going to delete it, it might be a good idea to have a replacement here.

• Advanced Members

90% of the content there was just people posting to try to get forum mod, let's be real.

The important content is on the wiki or other sources (xatalert, Help blog, etc) so I think removing it was fine.

• Award 3

• Wiki Editors
7 minutes ago, Steven said:

90% of the content there was just people posting to try to get forum mod, let's be real.

The important content is on the wiki or other sources (xatalert, Help blog, etc) so I think removing it was fine.

Exactly.

• Advanced Members
10 hours ago, Steven said:

Steven has figured it out. The life long question "How to become a volunteer?". Post forum tutorials and become volunteer. (meh)

• Advanced Members
11 hours ago, Steven said:

You figured me out, guess I'll have to just copy-paste replies in the Support section now.

Fair point though. There was some good content there, but most of it could also be found on the wiki I suppose.