Gift Payment

Elie

• Members

For the argument of people asking "What would the buyer want from it

My idea answer would be why not have a column of awards on a users xatspace, The awards can vary from whatever Volunteers or Admins want to add, such as:

25 Gifts = Generous Gifter Badge

50 Gifts = Ultra Gifter Badge

100 Gifts = Rated Awesome Badge.

They could have some nice snazzy designs to them, a little like xaters had (Not stealing the idea from Paul) but this little additional asset could give the users something to look forward to on their profile or somewhere else on xat, in my opinion it'd look better on the xatspace.

On TheTechGame they also have this feature where you can gift a user the Gold Feature(s) on the Forum and after x Amount of Gifts, the gifter will then result in receiving a badge automatically.

It'd bring more money for Xat, and also something for user(s) to work towards.

• Volunteers
2 hours ago, Jedi said:

I wonder how many will use this functionality, I think the buyer should get something like a special pawn or/and new smilies.

It will make people buy more and make a present for their friends (soon xmas). 

Or even something similar to the gift hat... Maybe you can only have a certain power if you have received or bought another use a gift?

The xatspace badge idea is not bad but I feel like not everyone would want those on their xatspace. The xatspace is personal and a page for users to put whatever they wish on it with certain guidelines. If it was something like this, maybe it could just be an option to have them on there or not. However, I do agree with Jedi that there should atleast be something to get if you did this. 

• Members
1 hour ago, Lemona said:

The xatspace badge idea is not bad but I feel like not everyone would want those on their xatspace. The xatspace is personal and a page for users to put whatever they wish on it with certain guidelines. If it was something like this, maybe it could just be an option to have them on there or not. 

Well I'm sure xat could come up with something, an option to have it there or not would be a great addition, however users could even have a option on the chat

• Advanced Members

I think this sound like a good idea and would be a great way to generate more $ for xat. I do however think that the user should be able to benefit someway as what would be the point of the gift idea as you could transfer a $5 (500xats and 30days) easy. If there was a little bonus feature for the person gifting then it would be to them and a little incentive for users to use this system. I like the sound of having a special pawn or something but could be something like a special hat or icon to go next to their pawn. This could also easily be hidden and turned off by using codes in the name, reghide and subhide?

• Advanced Members

I see where you are coming from and completely agree why should you receive something back in return but why can't you just transfer them xats and days as a present. I do think that if there was a little incentive then it may appeal to more users to use the gift system. 

• Advanced Members

Some users are "AFRAID" to take xats from users as a gift.  You can NOT guarantee them OR they could also turn around, when you have a falling out

and say you scammed them or it was borrowed.  That has even happened to me.  Good thing I had all the proofs :]  Gift option would alleviate this concern.

• Award 2