Gift Payment

Elie

• Volunteers

This would make it less suspicious if a friend were to give you a bunch of xats. You wouldn't have to worry about them being stolen xats, days etc. 

The recipient should also receive an email just saying that *so and so* bought them a gift. There'd have to be some sort of notification to make sure the recipient is aware, otherwise they'd question where they got a bunch of xats from. 

5 minutes ago, Crow said:

One problem is if the person accidentally gifts the wrong account, I suppose.

The buyer should have a message pop-up asking if they are sure they want to gift SOANDSO(IDHERE). Maybe even a message reminding people to verify the regname and ID of their friend. But this could become an issue if the user changes regnames/ID's quite often. Either way, it's still mostly the buyers fault for not checking to make sure they have it right. 

I can see this being used during many occasions (Christmas, Birthdays etc). Nice idea!

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

If this were implemented I would also like the option to either accept or decline unlike the current gift system where you get it whether you like it or not.

This is primarily for instances where the reserve is transferred. Some users may not know that this is the case and unwillingly get a reserve on their account. 

• Advanced Members
13 minutes ago, Nick said:

If this were implemented I would also like the option to either accept or decline unlike the current gift system where you get it whether you like it or not.

This is primarily for instances where the reserve is transferred. Some users may not know that this is the case and unwillingly get a reserve on their account. 

Person 1: Yay! I found a buyer for my ID, going to delete it now. 

Person 2 gifts Person 1 500 xats and 30 days

Person 2: No you're not ;) 

Is it really worth 5 dollars, though? 

Infact, how about we only allow gifting via payments that do not come with reserve as to eliminate any possible issues with it, and of course allow someone to use their gift they received. I can't speak for all, but I would be quite annoyed if i received a 500 xat gift and then not being able to use it all, even if xat told me or made me acknowledge the fact my account now has a reserve. 

• Volunteers

If the problem with the idea is the reserve, xat could make it that you can only buy xats and days as gifts if you use PaymentWall or PaySafeCard.

If there was a way to accept/reject the gift, it could work for all payment methods then.

The gift receiver could be told about the xats reserve risk cause of the payment method used before they confirm to "receive the gift" (get the xats).

• Award 1

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Elie said:

This is the main thing now since with reserve is out of the question.

plsplsplsplspls

So you want to gift a complete purchase ?

and this is just so they can get the paid flag ?

Why do they want the paid flag ?

The buy page could have a "gift to id" ?

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
11 minutes ago, Admin said:

So you want to gift a complete purchase ?

Yes.

and this is just so they can get the paid flag ?

Yes.

Why do they want the paid flag ?

Ticket stuff (since that's where it only applies I believe). I know for short names, you can't make requests for other users. If they're paid however, people won't have to ask a friend. Location updates (within the same country) and domain unblocks are convenient.

The buy page could have a "gift to id" ?

This would be wonderful.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

I think this would make a great birthday gift, or christmas gift etc. I like this idea. I think it would be a safe way and easier to do than actually buying xats yourself and having to transfer the xats/days to the person you want to give it too. 

• Advanced Members

I often would gift a $5 subway card to give users paid flag.  I never had any issues.  Often times, they would just give me the xats back to make

them a paid user..not that I ever expected it.  Point would be..its a gift.  Why would the buyer expect something from it?

• Award 3

• Advanced Members
7 minutes ago, Christina said:

I often would gift a $5 subway card to give users paid flag.  I never had any issues.  Often times, they would just give me the xats back to make

them a paid user..not that I ever expected it.  Point would be..its a gift.  Why would the buyer expect something from it?

Cause I don't think a lot will use this functionality, it's a way to "force them".

More gift payment = more money for xat.

• Advanced Members
On 11/27/2016 at 0:08 AM, Scrub said:

I think this would make a great birthday gift, or christmas gift etc. I like this idea. I think it would be a safe way and easier to do than actually buying xats yourself and having to transfer the xats/days to the person you want to give it too. 

It would be great in special occasions and to benefit with ticket stuffs paid thing.