LaFleur

Forum posting issue with editor

41 posts in this topic

apparently there is a new bug with peoples post being duplicated, spotted it three times recently

apparently there is a new bug with peoples post being duplicated, spotted it three times recently

Update, its with every post i think, check above^^ just happened with this post

5 minutes ago, LaFleur said:

Update, its with every post i think, check above^^ just happened with this post

it happened to me in the past idk if you remember but for it i unistalled chrome then reinstaled and it was solved

1 hour ago, ider said:

i have had this in the past but i just updated my browser and it was all solved.

i have had this in the past but i just updated my browser and it was all solved.

rofl twice

1 hour ago, ider said:

rofl twice

Just now, Elie said:

rofl twice

rofl twice

that means the user can't see that because look when i had in the past i could see it twice but now i can't 

http://prntscr.com/e2h6jt

There were some critical errors that happened during a recent upgrade attempt. I believe this will be fixed by morning (GMT).

Is there also some issue with status updates? I can't find any of them in the specific user profiles. (just to let you know @Brandon) I am aware of the announcement. :)

The recent issues have been resolved.

I'm going to consider the "Submit Reply" issue resolved unless it gets reported again!

The issue with images in signatures is ongoing.

2 people like this

@Brandon Happened again. Also noticed the "Notify me of replies" turns off when i hit "Submit reply".

12 hours ago, LaFleur said:

@Brandon Happened again. Also noticed the "Notify me of replies" turns off when i hit "Submit reply".

Tell me if it happens again. I made an educated guess at which plugin may be causing the issue, and it has been disabled.

Does the "notify me of replies" setting turn off even when when reply submission works on the first try? At the top, it says you've been following this topic since November 18, 2016, so I'm wondering if it's just an aesthetic issue.

2 people like this

6 hours ago, Brandon said:

Does the "notify me of replies" setting turn off even when when reply submission works on the first try?

Yes, it does. 

3 hours ago, Brandon said:

@LaFleur Does the original posting issue still happen?

Let me see (since i don't when it happens, it may take a while or not anymore, if its supposed to be fixed)  

^^

yea seen it as well yesterday, kinda forgot to mention it

Since we still believe a plugin is causing this, another plugin has been disabled to test this. Please post here if the issue happens again.

1 person likes this

How is this going? Is the issue still occurring?

If the issue still occurs, we'll label it as "no plans to fix" because it occurs so infrequently that it's not worth investigating further. The plugins that the forum has are essential, so if a plugin is causing the issue, not much can be done about it. If it's an issue with the editor, we'll have to hope that it gets resolved in the future.

Overall, I'm not too worried about it because, again, it happens very infrequently (or has possibly stopped being a problem).

1 person likes this