Forum posting issue with editor

LaFleur

• Advanced Members

I already pointed this out once on brandons server change topic, but i'll give it a new topic now. I mean its a paid forum software after all and there shouldn't be bugs like that for such a long time.

Basically you just can't post sometimes, if you hit the "submit reply" button, your message isn't posted, but instead the "Submit reply" button keeps reloading as you can see on the gif below.

(To get it posted, i then have to copy the whole post and open the topic in a new tab and then paste and submit.)

Maybe whoever is in charge ( @Brandon ? ) of the forum can forward this to the forum software devs.

Demo:

feef38c223018c30037e270a44853738.gif

Thanks.

• Advanced Members

Next time this happens, open the console in developer tools and hit submit so we can see if there's a problem in the actual posting of the data, then click the network tab and click it again and click the newest request and copy and paste the data.

Both of these will make it easier to find where the problem lies.

If you can find a reliable way to reproduce this, that will also help so we can check it out for ourselves.

• Volunteers

There's another problem too, exclusive to mobile, which involves spacing when editing forum posts. 

Basically, if I spend a lot of time editing my post (cutting words, retyping things, etc.) the

formatting will mess up like this. The line will suddenly break on a word I've been editing. You can backspace it, but the line break will then transfer to the following word instead. And you have to backspace after every single word for the rest of the document to fix it (which takes ages). 

Hope I explained that correctly!

• Advanced Members

Thanks for pointing that out. Do you know when the problem started?

I can report the issue to the developers, but I strongly suggest we try to replicate it and get more data on this as Daniel suggested. Just tag me in this post again if you're able to get that information.

Crow: What device, browser, and browser version are you using?

• Volunteers
30 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Crow: What device, browser, and browser version are you using?

Samsung Galaxy S6, Google Chrome, 54.0.2840.855. 

It's the mobile version of the forums. =) It only started happening about three or four weeks ago!

• Advanced Members
On 18/11/2016 at 9:02 PM, Daniel said:

Next time this happens, open the console in developer tools and hit submit so we can see if there's a problem in the actual posting of the data, then click the network tab and click it again and click the newest request and copy and paste the data.

Both of these will make it easier to find where the problem lies.

If you can find a reliable way to reproduce this, that will also help so we can check it out for ourselves.

Just got this issue again now and console doesn't show anything it seems.

Just shows "warnings", but no errors. Ive also checked network:

7e2b2392147ff79ed96258eb23247072.gif

21adb79bdd534257baab4e7190a9d527.png

dd00e59e0c7a4513bd3c6f02fa820433.png

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

Sorry for not responding sooner.

A new version of the forum is about to be released. I'll post here once we have upgraded, and then you can tell me if this issue persists.

There's also another issue with signatures that I hope gets fixed.

• Advanced Members
2 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Sorry not about this thread, but will we have a reset any time soon about likes or/and posts ?

A reset or a recount?

If you mean recount, I don't think that's planned. Is there a good reason?

• Award 1

• Volunteers
1 hour ago, Brandon said:

We also have a cool leaderboard now: https://forum.xat.com/leaderboard/.

Waoh it's so useful !!! Do we have a medal if we are on top leaderboard ? :o

Seriously lol, who even cares about "top users" except some of them?  (rolleyes)

Unless if you think, it can make the forum more alive lol. 

43 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Sorry not about this thread, but will we have a reset any time soon about likes or/and posts ?

It would be cool to see likes reseted, so we can see how far is it going to up and down again for some users.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Members
23 minutes ago, Brandon said:

How often did it happen previously?

We disabled some plugins in order to see if one of them was the issue, but we would preferably want to re-enable those as soon as possible.

Didn't happen recently.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

The source of the issue is still unknown, but I do know that a new forum version is going to be released by the end of the month. If the issue occurs after that, we'll investigate further.

I'll try to remember to post here once the forum gets updated.

• Award 3

• Advanced Members
21 minutes ago, Elie said:

Seriously

Seriously (it posted this twice wtf)

2RihMYA.gif

i have had this in the past but i just updated my browser and it was all solved.

21 minutes ago, Elie said:

Seriously

Seriously (it posted this twice wtf)

2RihMYA.gif

i have had this in the past but i just updated my browser and it was all solved.