PURPLE v GOLD

QuestionHelp

• Members

Why does purple put you on top of the list and gold does not? I'm a big fan of gold and tbh, I also like being on top of the list but with this, I can only choose one.

Gold cost 50,000 xats and Purple cost 25,000 xats so I don't understand why one has an extra feature whereas the other does not, especially since it cost more.

Discuss

• Advanced Members

PURPLE helps you move to the top of the userlist because it is the first Epic Power. That's how admin decided to make it.

I would go with Gold, because topman, shortname and ID also help you get to the top. Purple is unlimited, and Gold is limited, meaning it will always be available later. 

But if you have enough xats, get them both.

• Advanced Members
2 minutes ago, Harrison said:

I would go with Gold, because topman, shortname and ID also help you get to the top. Purple is unlimited, and Gold is limited, meaning it will always be available later. 

But if you have enough xats, get them both.

Topman is on par with Purple I believe. Shortname and ID are considered after the fact. Purple and/or topman > shorter name > lower ID.

But about the features, gold used to be the only one with smilies. Now that purple has smilies and a hug, it seems outclassed. Gold needs more.

• Members

If I have topman and another user has purple, the purple user will be higher than me because of purple, regardless of shortname, id or gold.

I can get both purple and gold, but only use one e.g. I use gold (the one I like more) but then I'm not on the top of the list, seems a bit unfair for gold to not have the same equal feature as purple considering gold cost more.

Although gold is supposed to be 'limited', it really isn't because it's technically classed as unlimited, just not released in store.

My suggestion would be to have gold and purple to share the same property, both putting you higher on the userlist fairly

• Advanced Members
1 minute ago, QuestionHelp said:

If I have topman and another user has purple, the purple user will be higher than me because of purple, regardless of shortname, id or gold.

I swear they're equal.

1 minute ago, QuestionHelp said:

I can get both purple and gold, but only use one e.g. I use gold (the one I like more) but then I'm not on the top of the list, seems a bit unfair for gold to not have the same equal feature as purple considering gold cost more.

You can have them both activated. You'll get the benefits of both except only gold will show on your pawn.

• Members

Oh I didn't know about that second part, but still begs to question why I would need to buy both pawns just to get the higher on the userlist, when they both should do the same thing.

I should be able to buy gold and be on the same heights as people who use purple, because a) gold cost more and b) I would need to spend a total of 75k to be able to use gold AND be on top of the list which doesn't make any sense

So what I'm petitioning is to make gold also put you on top of the list, much like purple.

And since like Harrison said, purple is unlimited and you can buy any anytime, there's no harm because gold and purple would share the same property, so if you wanted to be higher on the userlist, you could buy purple anytime from store BUT gold would do the same, no harm done.

• Volunteers

My theories: [edited]

1) Two is better than one. If people want the complete package, they need to buy two powers, rather than just one. This means more money for xat. 

2) Affordability. Being higher on the list is a 25k cost, and not 50k. This is more accessible and affordable to users.

+ Harrison's point about unlimited vs limited.

• Members
13 minutes ago, Crow said:

My theories:

1) Release date. Purple was released before gold (as Harrison said). Perhaps admins just wanted to leave purple alone, to avoid upsetting people, or to avoid damaging purple's sales.

2) Two is better than one. If people want the complete package, they need to buy two powers, rather than just one. This means more money for xat. 

3) Affordability. Being higher on the list is a 25k cost, and not 50k. This is more accessible and affordable to users.

+ Harrison's point about unlimited vs limited.

It wont upset people if they make gold have the same property because purple will still have the property aswell, users with purple will still be on top of the list regardless, by avoiding damaging purple's sales, ur damaging the sales of gold

It's not a package at all, it's just purple having the entire thing and gold being left out, for me I would buy gold but I'm sadden by the fact that I can't have both (gold pawn and being top of the list), for others who aren't that keen on having gold, they would just buy purple and hence damaging the sales of gold like said before. It would be a package of purple relied on gold for something, but that's not the case

Afford ability and accessibility, if I can afford to spend 50,000 xats (almost double purple) why can't I be on top of the list as well? I'm not saying remove it from purple and add it on gold, I'm proposing to keep and add it on both, it will still be accessible still, for those who have purple already.

11 minutes ago, Elie said:

We can move it to Suggestions if you'd like (and change the title).

I would rather keep it as a discussion but whatever u see fit

(Admin online so tagging @Admin if they have time to read).

• Advanced Members

Purple never to replace price gold.
Next: ( Geral Discussion ) is for Purple vs Gold vs Diamond. XD
Diamond pawn.
I believe it to be more expensive as gold
Now power Diamond exist, but not Pawn. XD

they are two epic powers very appreciate from all users. Of course with purple you go on top of list and cost less of gold.

I personaly like more gold maybe can be suggest to add top list also for gold.