What skill would you like to instantly gain?

Paya

• Advanced Members

We all wish we were better at something, whether that be sports, art, or maybe singing. I personally would like to be able to play a musical instrument, like the violin. However, actually practising to getting better at things takes a lot of time and commitment, and we either have little time to focus on developing a talent or are just lazy. Wouldn't it be great if we could just be amazing at something without all the effort?

So, my question is: If you could have the opportunity to instantly maximise one talent/skill, what would it be and why?

• Volunteers
9 minutes ago, Culture said:

I'm with Crow, being able to fluently speak all major world languages would be my choice. It takes so much effort to master another language as an adult or an older teenager.

I wish the UK was more proactive with this. The schools should be teaching us French, Spanish and German when we're still young children, not when we're teenagers and getting older. The government are really missing a trick here.

• Advanced Members

I can play a guitar, can draw and paint and can sing..hell yah i love singing...but something is missing i can't dance and that is something that skill i want to learn. LOL

• Advanced Members
2 hours ago, Crow said:

I wish the UK was more proactive with this. The schools should be teaching us French, Spanish and German when we're still young children, not when we're teenagers and getting older. The government are really missing a trick here.

I completely agree! I learnt French from secondary school and continued it up until my A-levels, so I can speak it fairly well but wouldn't consider myself fluent. If I had been taught from a younger age I would probably be much better at it than I am now (also because I'm not really keeping it up even though I should be). This is the reason I envy those who live in bilingual households- they grow up with two languages at the same time, so it doesn't seem like as much work to them to learn those languages. 

• 2 years later...